• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

PK_Gaming and I have recently made an avatar bet.

He thinks that Sho Minazuki will not be the main character of Persona 5, I'm all about that #TeamShotagonist.

The terms so far is a 3 month avatar bet, and this post will be documentation of such.

Are you sho that an avatar bet like this is a good idea?

PK Gaming

He thinks that Sho Minazuki will not be the main character of Persona 5, I'm all about that #TeamShotagonist.

The terms so far is a 3 month avatar bet, and this post will be documentation of such.

Wait, wasn't the bet over Sho being a playable protagonist in general?

I gave you an easy out man!

Regardless, I hope you're prepared...

5%28245%29.png

FOR THE WORST, MOST DESPAIR-INDUCING AVATAR EVER.

arue

Double post but for a good reason. Check this out, new Atlus mail with a new vid!

Behind the voices of Persona Q's part 1 - Chie and Yosuke
That was neat. I like the bits at the end, it's like watching a side conversation by Chie and Yosuke.

Why would you agree to such bet? I wouldn't do it if I were you. :p

So, with Ultimax out, I figured I'd plug this- during the past week (maybe a bit more?), PK and I almost singlehandedly filled out the Dustloop Wiki pages for Yu and Yukari respectively (with pictures and all! o/). Figured they could be useful. Not many of the other pages are filled yet, sadly.

Here's the link to the Yu wiki page by PK…

…and the Yukari wiki page by me.

If you guys think you can contribute too, you should try!

I wrote the Overview for Junpei's page as well because the previous one was beyond dreadful and not at all fitting for the greatest character in the series. I'm planning on going through and adding better pics soon too since the sprites will be fully ripped in no time at all.

Rip your avatar.

I'd love to make a Sho pun but I'm can't think of any.

Sho's over for his current avatar. RIP in pieces creepy FeMC.

PersonaGAF pls ;__;

I am ready for anything, and I am steadfast in my support of #TeamShotagonist

Don't worry, I'm not going to pull a Dantis if for some reason #TeamShotagonist falls through.

FluxWaveZ

One thing I don't think Persona 5 needs that seems to be a series staple is
the big bad is the manifestation of the part of humanity that desires death, is dissatisfied, desires isolation or is generally apathetic.
(overall Persona series + Catherine spoilers)

I mean, I get it. I can even relate, as someone who fits that segment. But I think we can have something different... right? At least, if P Studio's going to do it again, please handle it differently, like P2:IS did or something.

Hey guys, you can unlock the "Unlimited/Boss" versions of the characters by beating their arcade modes on "Risky" difficulty!

Hey I can finally play as that Labrys who always has red axe lel

FluxWaveZ

Hey guys, you can unlock the "Unlimited/Boss" versions of the characters by beating their arcade modes on "Risky" difficulty!

Oh, is that how it works. Well, great. Is there some dedicated NA or PersonaGAF/NeoGAF lobby established, yet?

Random thought: Wonder what the "Coming Soon" tab on the P4AU DLC page is. Not too familiar with all of the little bits of DLC info, but it seems that most things should already be on that page.

Also, (very small P4AU feature spoiler)
are all characters available as navigators in multiplayer or is that just a story mode thing?

Oh, is that how it works. Well, great. Is there some dedicated NA or PersonaGAF/NeoGAF lobby established, yet?

Random thought: Wonder what the "Coming Soon" tab on the P4AU DLC page is. Not too familiar with all of the little bits of DLC info, but it seems that most things should already be on that page.

Also, (very small P4AU feature spoiler)
are all characters available as navigators in multiplayer or is that just a story mode thing?

What's the stuff listed under the "etc" tab?

Oh, and what do we know about how the P4A story DLC works?

And also, I'm hoping you can buy some navigators with P$, because if not, I will spend a lot of money ;_;

FluxWaveZ

What's the stuff listed under the "etc" tab?

Oh, and what do we know about how the P4A story DLC works?

And also, I'm hoping you can buy some navigators with P$, because if not, I will spend a lot of money ;_;

Unlock all titles, unlock all icons, purchase Episode P4U.

Haven't heard anything about Episode P4A. Couldn't try it myself because I haven't gotten my PNP yet.

Only things I've seen to purchase with P$ so far are icons, though I might have missed something. Still don't know if
all characters are actually selectable navigators
, and if they aren't, transferring navigators from P4A to P4AU should cover most of the ones in the game.

Xenoflare

If you were playing Ultimax and were like, you know, Ultimax is pretty good, but it's not perfect, go to Options, find this setting:

And change it to this:

Now enjoy your perfect game.

This changes the instakill theme from Time To Make History back to The Fog.

Amazing, Arcsys thought of everything.

I'm glad that this made P4A feel so outdated with all of these extra options, characters and system adjustments.

CorvoSol

PERSONA THREE PORTABLE -SIDE CLARA-

zRMLUj8.jpg

So I've hit like, rank three on this New Game + run of Persona 3 Portable, and Clara's trying as desperately as the glass cage she lives inside of will permit to convince Junpei to give more than two fucks about how much she loves him. Like, fuck being her cupid with Akihiko, Junpei, girlfriend wants you. Shinji's great and all but she wants you. Theo is a literal God of Sex and girl just wants younpei. And it was while feeling this immense, unbearable frustration for my fave girl's loss that it dawned on me.

Persona 3 Portable is like a rom-com.

Bear with me, because I know one or two of you with a Makoto avatar is now reeling in his chair saying "Corvbro, no, this is the dark, gritty, mature game. What the fuck are you on about, mate?" Well let me tell you what I'm on about: valium. Shit's amazing.

Er.

What I mean is that the set up is thus: Our attractive, energetic, go-getting female lead has just started a new job at SEES, and early on she makes a friend. Junpei's not the most amazingly handsome guy in the world, but he's cute, and he's nice, and what's more is he really cares about her. But he's denser than dark matter, and doesn't recognize girlfriend's feelings for him, or vice versa. So there's some run around and she goes through a series of other hook ups before realizing he's "The One" and running back to have a passionate kiss with him while the rain reveals their fit bodies beneath their slightly-too-tight clothing and girls in the audience cry weepy tears of deep joy.

But wait. It turns out that by this point, Clara's missed her boat and Junpei now has a significantly less awesome girlfriend. Fangirls will hate her to death. but every sane person in the audience knows she's not nearly as much of a toxic bitch as the movie wants us to think she is so we can root for the heroine.

At this point in any romantic comedy DISASTER SHOULD STRIKE and our heroine ought to go through some TURBULENT TIMES before finally hooking the fuck up with the boy she's been after the entire movie.

But really this is an indie movie so we all learn a life lesson as she fails to hook up with Junpei and we're all left to suffer whatever the lady equivalent of blue balls is.

Nachos

If it's anything like the P4 Visulive production, it'll probably be the best version of Arena! (Seriously, you all should click that link if you haven't seen it. EDIT: I didn't update, and it already got posted, but at least this one has Adachi.)

I'm planning on going through and adding better pics soon too since the sprites will be fully ripped in no time at all.
There might be a slight delay on that. They've got the files, but they're having trouble reading them.

It should be better considering I'm Mexican and all =/
Certainly better than me. Growing up away from my large Mexican family did me no favors in terms of learning Spanish. For the longest time, I somehow thought "por favor" was an insult.

Stop speaking Russian, damn it!
К сожалению, я не знаю говорить по-английски или по-русски или по-испански очень хорошо.

Sallokin

It was a heck of a Persona day

September's Pm has a cool P4U2 character artworks section with comments on the new designs from Soejima and Wada. Also the inside of the front cover is a nice clean version of the Dengeki cover. Super slick.

I'm pretty sure I know what it is from the data mining, it's not a spoiler but since Atlus hasn't mentioned it, I won't here either.

So regarding FES2013, finally being able to watch it in HD and with good sound quality is nothing short of amazing. As usual the show is beautifully shot and directed, the Budokan allows for some really incredible shots. Everyone was absolutely at the top of their game, the new drummer is excellent and added a lot of great touches to the songs. The violin was a fantastic idea, a great addition to the band's sound that took it to another level. There isn't as much backstage footage as in 2012 but it's always cool to get a look behind the curtain, I wish they'd put english subs on this but it's still entertaining to watch regardless. I'm glad they fixed a few sound issues that were noticeable in the livestream, during the intro of Snowflakes the backup vocals were too loud and out of sync, fortunately they removed them, Shihoko delivered those lines beautifully. There's also a small guitar solo by Meguro that wasn't audible in the stream during this song. Some of you migth have noticed a couple of mistakes Meguro did during Heartful Cry and Mist while watching the livestream, fortunately they overdubbed those :)
Honestly, to be able to appreciate the work of such talented people is one of those things that make life worth living. Hopefully this project still has many years ahead of it.

It's funny because if you look at my music shelf the rest of my collection couldn't be more different from this, initially I was attracted to Meguro's more rock oriented instrumentals but I grew to love everything surrounding the music in these games and also fell in love with Shihoko's voice the moment I heard it.
It's also worth mentioning once again that LJ is a fantastic person who does everything he can to interact with his fans. Less than an hour before this show started he replied to a message I posted on facebook.
So yeah, congrats to the these amazing people for another memorable show.

Setsu00

What happened?

Everything points to Persona 5 being closely tied to Persona 3 and 4. While this might be a gigantic attempt at trolling the fanbase by Atlus, I'm still disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love P3 and P4, but I'm tired of the cast after all those spin offs.

Everything points to Persona 5 being closely tied to Persona 3 and 4. While this might be a gigantic attempt at trolling the fanbase by Atlus, I'm still disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love P3 and P4, but I'm tired of the cast after all those spin offs.

Did I miss something, why do you think that?

I too will be deeply disappointed if that's true.

Top Bottom