• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

kewlmyc

The Ultimax online lobby is incredible. Really had alot of fun with some of you this evening. We need to make this a regular thing.

I will see to it personally that you all fear this man. :p

x240-P_6.jpg

I've seen Mike Muscles play him, it's terrifying. He just never stops attacking.

Dantis

If someone wants to upload a track or two of the Persona FES CD onto Youtube or something, I would be very appreciative.

Isn't a towel muffler supposed to be used like a scarf? Just wrap the towel around your neck and wear it with style.

Apparently a towel muffler is a scarf.

I need that scarf.

EDIT: Or maybe it isn't. I'm confused. Give me a normal Persona scarf, Atlus.

Tamanon

Banned
If someone wants to upload a track or two of the Persona FES CD onto Youtube or something, I would be very appreciative.

Apparently a towel muffler is a scarf.

I need that scarf.

EDIT: Or maybe it isn't. I'm confused. Give me a normal Persona scarf, Atlus.

It looks like it's both a towel and a scarf. What a weird name for it though.

Mdesilva

Is Yukari really that hard to use?
She's considered to probably be one of the (three, if you go by YMST's list) hardest characters in the game.

Her combos are tricky… though imo not as bad as people made them out to be. While I don't have optimal stuff down yet, I can land some of her tighter links fairly consistently, which is great considering I've only been playing for a day. Buuuuuuut… that's just me. And her hard combos are really tricky.

The thing is, the combos she can do at any point greatly vary depending on how far away she hits you from. Which I feel like could take some getting used to…

Really, if you aren't committed or don't plan to play a lot, I dunno if you should invest in this character. But if you put in the time and know what you're doing, the payoff is pretty great. I really enjoy using her.

P4GA Episode 8:
Heh, so now that Marie is gone, they decided to use the old intro. Nice. "A Christmas party for all of us!" oh shit
Haha, Yosuke not inviting the girls to prevent Mysterious Food X.
All the girls scene have been cool, but Naoto freaking out about the idea of
getting killed
and all those coincidences happening? lmao I want to watch that Santa anime.
Chie killing Kanji lol Aww, the guys aren't make it? This is gonna turn out just perfect. The music that plays when the girls arrive makes the moment more funny lol Haha, Ai being still in love with Kou is cute. Oh god, Naoto. Yes, yes, yes, everyone is dead. That moment was just perfect.
All the girls kicking/punching Narukami lol Teddie plush never dissapoints.

Bummer, they skipped New Year's whole event with that cutscene, I'll have to youtube the one from the Golden. Man, has Narukami been infected with Marietis? "memories memories memories let's make them" At least they included Teddie staying with him. So next episode is gonna be the skip trip? That's cool.

She's considered to probably be one of the (three, if you go by YMST's list) hardest characters in the game.

Her combos are tricky… though imo not as bad as people made them out to be. While I don't have optimal stuff down yet, I can land some of her tighter links fairly consistently, which is great considering I've only been playing for a day. Buuuuuuut… that's just me. And her hard combos are really tricky.

The thing is, the combos she can do at any point greatly vary depending on how far away she hits you from. Which I feel like could take some getting used to…

Really, if you aren't committed or don't plan to play a lot, I dunno if you should invest in this character. But if you put in the time and know what you're doing, the payoff is pretty great. I really enjoy using her.
Thanks for the info. I don't plan to play competively but I was planning to mainly use Yukari for matches online and with my friends, but eh, I'll still use her anyways #TrueWaifuPower

I'm gonna switch out Yukiko with Yukari as my Zoner. As someone who used to play KoF XIII precision combos mean nothing to me.

Nachos

Please let the p5hero thing be a joke. Please!

I always suspected Sho would have some kind of tie. It fits Atlus' MO, and he even matches the color scheme of 5. Even P3P teased Catherine.

Actually, that's something I've been wondering about. I know that both of the P3 and P4 protagonists have been called heroes in the Japanese version, but as a loanword, I'm wondering if it has the same connotations in Japan as it does in other parts of the world.

If the data label isn't some internal joke, then maybe it's possible that "hero" has a different set of meanings over there? I mean, Japan did somehow warp mansion to mean apartment complex.

Sho will have no major role in Persona 5. On the incredibly small chance that he does, he will be a drastically different character both in terms of writing and design.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm not ready to write him off just yet, but his P5 incarnation would need to be really different.

Squire

Banned
In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if "P5HERO" is a troll with the joke being that the actual P5 protagonist has red hair/looks vaguely like Sho.

Dantis

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if "P5HERO" is a troll with the joke being that the actual P5 protagonist has red hair/looks vaguely like Sho.

I bet it's a joke, but I don't think that the protagonist will have red hair.

His hair colour is pretty insignificant really. It's not like Narukami has bright yellow hair.

Sophia

The Persona 5 Hero/heroine will be fully customizable, clearly! The joke is that it's totally possible to recreate Sho in it!

Squire

Banned
I bet it's a joke, but I don't think that the protagonist will have red hair.

His hair colour is pretty insignificant really. It's not like Narukami has bright yellow hair.

Well, I agree. His hair will have a color though. Makotos is blue. I don't see why this kids' can't be red.

Like I say though, just speculating that that's the joke.

wmlk

Which is just an anime style of doing variations of black hair without being too overly generic and boring, I believe. Red... Red doesn't have that issue.

Yu has grey hair. These are anime-styled high school kids in Japan and it's not that crazy that P5MC could have dyed his/her hair red.

pan-hime

Full lyrics of Snowflakes from PML2013

the second verse:
snowflakes blowing and the view's
obscured by history
I still remember it with you
like I'm stuck in mixed realities

this is where we said goodbye
and I'm stronger for the time I shared with you
it helps me hold my head up high
in my heart I'm with you

this is where the snow falls now
cold and hard, and yet it melts upon my blow
something keeps me warm inside
some dream keeps me going through the night

LX_Theo

Banned
Yu has grey hair. These are anime-styled high school kids in Japan and it's not that crazy that P5MC could have dyed his/her hair red.

Yeah, though the gray hair is just another take on black hair. The issue with his hair is the bright red part. They wouldn't design the P5 protagonist so that he stands out so much, and has notable personality established behind the design like a decision like dying hair would have. If it was red hair, it'd be much more... Natural looking.

Style

Banned
Persona 5 should pull a Metal Gear Solid 2. Have all trailers, illustrations and other promotional material show a different character. Then one minute in to the game, the main character will pull off a mask and it is revealed to be Sho.

todd360

While mowing the grass I was thinking about the box art. How cool would it be if none of the characters are on the box art? They would have to release the game with no more info then we already have though. I feel like that could be a good marketing strategy for a game that is already hyped. Make it super mysterious. Absolutely no spoilers. You don't even know what the main character looks like going in.

wmlk

While mowing the grass I was thinking about the box art. How cool would it be if none of the characters are on the box art? They would have to release the game with no more info then we already have though. I feel like that could be a good marketing strategy for a game that is already hyped. Make it super mysterious. Absolutely no spoilers. You don't even know what the main character looks like going in.

I was thinking about that, too. Still, how would they even market the game?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Persona 5 should pull a Metal Gear Solid 2. Have all trailers, illustrations and other promotional material show a different character. Then one minute in to the game, the main character will pull off a mask and it is revealed to be Sho.

It'll be funny if Marie was suppose to be the MC but Atlus was like "Nah fuck that. stick her in with the P4 cast" "She doesn't fit in, sir" "Do it! I wanna have some fun"

Edit: I meant to Reply to LX.

One of the things that bother me about P4 is how Naoto is in all the boxarts and intros of the games. Like, the fact that you know she will become one of your best friends and stuff ruins the moment of her interactions with the IT before joining. Heck, knowing she joins you kills the surprise behind (P4 spoiler)
Mitsuo not being the killer.
Teddie being in there too makes much less surprising the time you meet him for the first time I guess.

wmlk

One of the things that bother me about P4 is how Naoto is in all the boxarts and intros of the games. Like, the fact that you know she will become one of your best friends and stuff ruins the moment of her interactions with the IT before joining. Heck, knowing she joins you kills the surprise behind (P4 spoiler)
Teddie being in there too makes much less surprising the time you meet him for the first time I guess.

They showed her at the first 17-minute trailer reveal. Kind of ridiculous, I agree.

Have it be that or....

Marie, then BAM! Real protag.

Guy then BAM! Girl!

Girl then BAM! Guy. Hehehehe

PK Gaming

Guys, I completed my mission!

Ms. Ashikai was super nice, and we hit it off pretty well. I told her I'd come back tomorrow in my Junpei costume because she was interested in seeing it. Here's her business card if anyone else is interested in following her work:

There was a mission!? Anyway, sweet drawing. I checked out her deviantart and her stuff's pretty good.

LX_Theo

Banned

That's why I'm going on a media blackout for P5 once that news starts dropping. Well... as much as I can for it.

Style

Banned

Ms. Ashikai was super nice, and we hit it off pretty well. I told her I'd come back tomorrow in my Junpei costume because she was interested in seeing it. Here's her business card if anyone else is interested in following her work:

Good job with the mission. o7
She's pretty good.

Glad you found her! Yeah, she had great stuff there, did you also see the other person's stuff? She was sharing the booth yesterday, maybe she was on her own today actually... Regardless, good stuff. Power of the internet/PGAF.

EDIT: Shame on me, after seeing that card I realized that I did have it after all... WOW. I deserve a good punch in the head lol.

LX_Theo

Banned
I can't resist. Especially the OST. I wanna listen to it.

That is one of the biggest things I rather not spoil myself on but feel I will. Its so good, and hearing it fresh in game is great. Plus, I don't want to burn myself out on the OST come time for the game itself. The temptation will be very, very large.

It's alright dude, you found the deviantart page fairly fast.

Yeah, but I was surprised with myself at first you know. I admired her stuff so much that getting her card would of been my first move. Guess I did do it after all, it's just that I have such a huge stack of them that I guess I just forgot about it. All ended well though.

But awesome artist aside, how was the event today compared to yesterday? Last year I went on a Saturday and it was hectic. Compared to yesterday, today must of been nuts too.

Meia

The opening was very much an anime opening, that has constant spoilers in it just to make things more flashy. The only difference is usually I guess they believe that people watching the anime already read the manga, so know what happens anyway leaving them hyped as hell to see it in anime form. :p

But awesome artist aside, how was the event today compared to yesterday? Last year I went on a Saturday and it was hectic. Compared to yesterday, today must of been nuts too.

It was stupidly busy. I was cosplaying as Mondo from Danganronpa and I could barely turn around without my hair whacking someone in the face. Lots of people recognized my costume though, which was really nice! I'll post pictures of all my loot so far once I get back from dinner with friends.

Top Bottom