• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Compared to other Vita titles, it isn't:
J6K97IG.jpg

hr3BwR1.jpg

And certainly isn't compared to Xenoblade, but I suppose comparing things to Xenoblade is pretty unfair considering how impressive it was.

If they can get Xenoblade to work worth a damn to run on the 3DS, P4 would be no problem.

I thought P4G was a great looking game technically speaking. It looked simplistic but good. Mind Zero goes for the simplistic as well and looks like trash. P4G on the hand looks pleasing to the eye and no jaggies.

Xenoflare

I'm sure we'll start one up the moment someone in chat goes "LETS START ONE!"

I'm pretty fond of Ken and Koromaru, but Aigis's new auto combo is <3

Does the shadow types of the new characters have a different autocombo? I know that for returning characters the shadows use their old P4A combo

Sophia

Does the shadow types of the new characters have a different autocombo? I know that for returning characters the shadows use their old P4A combo

Yes, Shadow characters use the old Auto Combo. I haven't tried any of the new ones to see if they have a different one tho.

Even if Atlus is trolling us, I'm pretty sure the P3 and P4 characters will have a heavy involvement in P5. Atlus turned these characters into merchandise juggernauts and Atlus won't just let free money off the table by not including them in some important fashion.

How is not including P3/4 characters leaving money on the table? Is anyone going to base their decision of buying P5 on that?
They are capitalizing on the popularity of those characters with a ton of spin-offs, which is the logical thing to do.
Atlus will want P5's characters to become just as big (or even bigger) and to achieve that they have to give the game it's own identity and have those characters stand on their own 2 feet, not throw in long-time fan favorites to serve as a distraction.
Once Atlus gets the P5 ball rolling, it'll be all about P5 and nothing else.

How is not including P3/4 characters leaving money on the table? Is anyone going to base their decision of buying P5 on that?
They are capitalizing on the popularity of those characters with a ton of spin-offs, which is the logical thing to do.
Atlus will want P5's characters to become just as big (or even bigger) and to achieve that they have to give the game it's own identity and have those characters stand on their own 2 feet, not throw in long-time fan favorites to serve as a distraction.
Once Atlus gets the P5 ball rolling, it'll be all about P5 and nothing else.

I guess I'm just too pessimistic when it comes to Atlus. I would love a story that has absolutely no relation to P3 or P4, in fact that's my the number one thing on my P5 wishlist, but I really don't see it.

Have you guys started having regular P4AU lobbies yet or is everyone stuck in Training Mode purgatory?

I know I'm stuck in Training. People say they made Yosuke easier to play, but I will be damned if I am not fumbling around like an idiot with him. His new kunai always trip me since they replaced his upward command move.

FluxWaveZ

I know I'm stuck in Training. People say they made Yosuke easier to play, but I will be damned if I am not fumbling around like an idiot with him. His new kunai always trip me since they replaced his upward command move.

Yeah, seems that it's taking most people some time to get used to the changes. Even small modifications are tripping me up with characters I had gotten so accustomed to in the past, so I'm spending quite a bit of time in Training mode, too.

Though, there's one of the new characters who clicked pretty quickly with me...

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just reached the scene in P3 where Junpei
talks to Chidori about 'feeling alive' during the dark hour.

Now I feel guilty about benching him. Especially with it being DA MAN week.

I'm really busy at FanExpo so I don't have time to peruse most of this thread, but I gotta say that all of the contributions to Junpei Week thus far have been phenomenal. Awesome work, guys!

My submission should be ready on Sunday evening, if all goes well.

CorvoSol

I'd like to retroactively state, for Buddha's eyes, that that post a page or four back of the rom com is my Junpei week contribution, because I am a lazy slob.

Meia

Yeah, I may be in really good shape having played little to no P4A at this point. May also be better off using shadow characters since I'm not used to the whole Burst mechanic anyway.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just reached the scene in P3 where Junpei
talks to Chidori about 'feeling alive' during the dark hour.

Now I feel guilty about benching him. Especially with it being DA MAN week.

I bench him as soon as Akihiko becomes available.

Then I bench Aki when Aigis becomes available.

Xenoflare

Currently replaying P3P on Vita, and I don't know if I'm just painfully underleveled but every new member's level is much higher than my current party.

Aigis joined at 29 while everyone else is 23.

I used Junpei, Yukari and Mitsuru for my first run of FES, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Koro-chan for my first run of P3P, and Junpei, Akihiko and Shinji/Aigis for my most recent run of Portable.

Didn't post all day because I was at Fan Expo today. Saw a bunch of Persona cosplay, some Mitsurus, some Yukaris too. I looked for a decent P3 figure there but sadly, I had no such luck (I'm not a big figure guy, but you know, it's Persona so why not).

Amongst the stuff that I got there, I did buy two things related to the game however, the first one, this lovely Fan made Makoto art. The girl that drew this was so talented, I saw this amongst her stuff and I knew I had to get it (Should of asked for a link to her other stuff, but it was just packed in there):

14891586240_2fa3476018_z.jpg

I also got a Velvet Room Key...Chain:

15077876502_338a20be28_z.jpg

Sorry for the shitty phone quality.

I was at FanExpo today too! Are you gonna be there tomorrow or Sunday?

(BTW, there's an amazing Elizabeth Figma for sale in the South Building at one of the shops near Hall G.)

Shoot we should of met up, I was there with a buddy... And sadly no, I work both tomorrow and Sunday, all day... I think I saw it btw, but I really wanted a Makoto one. I also saw a P4AU Labrys and a P4AU Rise, all in the South building as well. I ended up just buying a little Kirito one since it was cheap (and cuz I'm a sucker for SAO).

Shoot we should of met up, I was there with a buddy... And sadly no, I work both tomorrow and Sunday, all day... I think I saw it btw, but I really wanted a Makoto one. I also saw a P4AU Labrys and a P4AU Rise, all in the South building as well. I ended up just buying a little Kirito one since it was cheap (and cuz I'm a sucker for SAO).

Aw, that's too bad. At least you had fun and got some cool stuff! I haven't bought any Persona merch yet, but I'm considering picking up either the Aigis Nendoroid or the Shinji P3 movie figure that I saw.

I have that keychain, amazon sells them(branded for persona 4 the animation). :p

That pic is amazing though. :D

That was exactly it!

And yeah, the girl was so good, her art was insane. Pretty good looking gal, knew her Persona stuff rather well too we had an enjoyable talk. If you do go to Fan Expo, and go to the art area, she has this and other Persona pieces posted up, like one with all the Persona Robot girls also remember seeing a P4 piece, with the main characters. She was the only one with any Persona art that I saw, so she obviously stood out aha.

Aw, that's too bad. At least you had fun and got some cool stuff! I haven't bought any Persona merch yet, but I'm considering picking up either the Aigis Nendoroid or the Shinji P3 movie figure that I saw.

Truly a shame, did not know we had Torontonians on PGAF aha, enjoy the show! I saw the Aigis Nendoroid (do be careful, my friend which is really into the whole figurine stuff did spot one store with fake ones, if that bothers you at all), but not the Shinji one. One day simply isn't enough to see everything.

Style

Banned
Amongst the stuff that I got there, I did buy two things related to the game however, the first one, this lovely Fan made Makoto art. The girl that drew this was so talented, I saw this amongst her stuff and I knew I had to get it (Should of asked for a link to her other stuff, but it was just packed in there):

14891586240_2fa3476018_z.jpg

Great piece! I must see more from this person. Scrafty, make it your mission to find this person and a link to her work! The keychain is nice too.

Great piece! I must see more from this person. Scrafty, make it your mission to find this person and a link to her work! The keychain is nice too.

Roger that! I'll get her business card and possibly purchase some of her art to support her, as she seems like a pretty legit person!

Roger that! I'll get her business card and possibly purchase some of her art to support her, as she seems like a pretty legit person!

I remember her mentioning being there all 4 days so she will surely be there tomorrow. She was sharing her booth with another person that did mostly Pokemon art. Her stuff is on the right, the other person's on the left. The one on the left had a great hand drawn piece, pretty big too so it'll be easy to spot. It was of this particular scene, the intro in Pokemon Red/Blue:

hqdefault.jpg

If you do see her tell her that the guy that was there today in a red dress shirt that's looking forward to PQ and got her Makoto drawing, says hi lol (probably won't remember me, like I said, it was extremely packed).

Style

Banned

I remember her mentioning being there all 4 days so she will surely be there tomorrow. She was sharing her booth with another person that did mostly Pokemon art. Her stuff is on the right, the other person's on the left. The one on the left had a great hand drawn piece, pretty big too so it'll be easy to spot. It was of this particular scene, the intro in Pokemon Red/Blue:

hqdefault.jpg

If you do see her tell her that the guy that was there today in a red dress shirt that's looking forward to PQ and got her Makoto drawing, says hi lol (probably won't remember me, like I said, it was extremely packed).

Yes... Yes! Magnificent! Get some from the Pokemon artists too!

EDIT:
Based google search. I found her :D

HER DEVIANTART PAGE

Talented indeed. There's some awesome stuff in there. Thanks!

Talented indeed. There's some awesome stuff in there. Thanks!

No worries, I too wanted to see more of her stuff!

Most of my haul from there honestly, was just pure art. Since they aren't Persona related I won't be posting them here, but goddamn, some of the people there are crazy good. Like literally, all of the stuff I got is getting framed and put up on my room's walls. They are that good.

Nachos

No. And the data file for Ultimax have a lot of other weird stuff in them too, so it's not really worth dwelling on or even mentioning.
Yeah, there are a bunch of assets for Shadow Marie, despite her not being in the game. Nothing intentionally hidden from the public should be taken as gospel.

Sure. But the 3DS is underpowered as shit and Atlus don't have huge teams to spend months optimising for it.

I would be very surprised if Atlus got the original Persona 4 running on the 3DS.
With the spec upgrades, running even the base version of P4 shouldn't be an issue at all, and aside from some potentially ugly UI compression, it'd look pretty good in-person, despite not looking so hot in trailers/videos.

Man, in some ways, it doesn't even seem like a fair *competition, with some people having home studios and $300+ microphones.

*competition, not composition

Top Bottom