• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

You're the man. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Please do take pictures. You good "man", would be a gentleman and a scholar.

175px-JunpeiInstall.jpg

I won't let you guys down!

Sophia

Wait did I miss something that would make people think Sho is the P5 protag? Haven't been around this thread in awhile.

Some stupid shit in the data files. Unfortunately, people tend to ignore that there's other stuff in the files that doesn't make sense. Also they're verging pretty close onto spoiler territory, for reasons that should be blatantly obvious.

On that note, we seemed to have decided World 10 (Tartarus) and Lobby 13 (Death) to be our unofficial PersonaGAF lobby.

Been a while, but Shadow Koromaru:
tumblr_nb3pqdS3sJ1tt73w0o1_1280.png

Even got the three-headed myth in there in a way, excellent. The heart is a bit creepy even by Persona standards however.

The Ultimax online lobby is incredible. Really had alot of fun with some of you this evening. We need to make this a regular thing.

I will see to it personally that you all fear this man. :p

x240-P_6.jpg

FluxWaveZ

I beat p4au. Sho? Not bad.

I'm guessing you didn't do Episode P4A and Episode [Redacted] yet? I finished Episode P3 and Episode P4 on Thursday myself; I'll be able to do the two missing episodes soon after my PNP arrived.

Sho's... alright. Episode P3 did a better job of filling his whole thing out than Episode P4.

Nachos

Been a while, but Shadow Koromaru:
tumblr_nb3pqdS3sJ1tt73w0o1_1280.png

I'm really liking most of it, and it's really well-drawn, but I think you could've done more, especially when there's all that stuff about his old owner dying. He spent a lot of months protecting the shrine after his owner passed away, and in a lot of ways, that has parallels to Cerberus guarding the entrance to the underworld.

Wait did I miss something that would make people think Sho is the P5 protag? Haven't been around this thread in awhile.
The main thing is that in the game's eboot data, each character is indexed to be called when necessary. All of them have their expected names as labels, except for the data listing Sho as "P5 Hero."

Here's a link to an album of the character assets. There aren't any spoilers in there, but it is surprising that they drew art of Shadow Marie, did nothing with it, but left it on the disk.

Dantis

Kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned Pan's Tweets about P4D.

A basic summary is that we should be hearing something very, very soon.

Wait, this many people are really playing the import version? @_@

The game is incredible. It's a great example of how a fighting game should be updated. I'll be buying an additional US copy on the 30th of September, and "HOPEFULLY" a European version. (Im hoping the Euro version will be a limited edition like Arena).

Kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned Pan's Tweets about P4D.

A basic summary is that we should be hearing something very, very soon.

Yeah, its about time P4D and P5 took the center stage. PQ and Ultimax are out. Im expecting a famistu exclusive, or a random video to show up on "atlustube"

what's a yukari

never heard of that character

I seriously respect anyone that can use Yukari. Her combo's are super precise and require great timing. I'll be keeping a close eye on mdesilva, as it looks like he'll be maining her.

cj_iwakura

I always suspected Sho would have some kind of tie. It fits Atlus' MO, and he even matches the color scheme of 5. Even P3P teased Catherine.

Is anyone currently in the lobby? There's about 11 ppl in the one that we were using last night. I have no idea who any of them are.

We need to have a dedicated lobby and possibly temporarly post the details on the frontpage

Dantis

I'm dead serious.

Cool. Here's my prediction:

Sho will have no major role in Persona 5. On the incredibly small chance that he does, he will be a drastically different character both in terms of writing and design.

I wouldn't take anything in Ultimax to mean anything outside of Ultimax. Just consider for a second how much impact the Arena duology has had over Persona 4, let alone 5.

Zero.

cj_iwakura

Cool. Here's my prediction:

Sho will have no major role in Persona 5. On the incredibly small chance that he does, he will be a drastically different character both in terms of writing and design.

I wouldn't take anything in Ultimax to mean anything outside of Ultimax. Just consider for a second how much impact the Arena duology has had over Persona 4, let alone 5.

Zero.

Well 4 was already out by that point. Atlus always likes to tease upcoming projects in new ones. The red theme of P4U2 can't be a coincidence.

Dantis

Well 4 was already out by that point. Atlus always likes to tease upcoming projects in new ones. The red theme of P4U2 can't be a coincidence.

I mean the Persona 4 crowd post-Persona 4.

And yes it can. Innocent Sin also had a red theme, and vaguely similar visuals too.

Persona 5 has a red theme because Soejima wanted a red theme.

EDIT: Just to be super clear, I'm not saying Sho won't be in Persona 5, but I wouldn't go assuming that he is based on Ultimax.

Top Bottom