• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I'm bad at image stuff, so if someone would give Knuckles here a Glasses-kun makeover I'd love you forever

Bwb7qb7IIAEN8R9.png:large

Xenoflare

Dude...

So P5 is just 2015 now right, not Winter?
Wonder if the decision to go cross-gen caused a delay?

Maybe, especially if the two versions are launching on the same day, which seems to be the case.

Is this a PS3 to PS4 port or the other way around?

I really hoped for a Vita port, Atlus games is never really technically demanding or impressive, having it on the go is really different, I ain't got no time as I did before with consoles.

Maybe, especially if the two versions are launching on the same day, which seems to be the case.

I really hoped for a Vita port, Atlus games is never really technically demanding or impressive, having it on the go is really different, I ain't got no time as I did before with consoles.
I wish for that too. They could have gone all three consoles directly. Maybe we'll get a P5 remaster XD

Xenoflare

I wish for that too. They could have gone all three consoles directly. Maybe we'll get a P5 remaster XD

I would probably triple dip if that's the case, I don't mind doing that.

I do hope the PS3 and PS4 have a cross save feature for P5, though I know I'm probably asking too much.

A Vita port might be likely but it probably won't happen any time soon.

Since it was originally announced as PS3 only and considering how long it's been in development, PS3 to PS4 port is a safe bet.
I wonder if the decision was theirs or if sony approached them to go cross-gen. PS4 is needing all the help it can get in Japan, though of course the fact that the West is adopting it so fast and leaving the PS3 behind is also a factor for Atlus/Sega. It's win-win for everyone regardless.

Logash

TIME FOR A CLASS FIELD TRIP TO YASOGAMI HIGH TO SEE HOW THE COUNTRY BUMPKINS LIVE. :p

You can't run around with your hands in pockets in P3P so I vote for FES.

Ah for a f*** sake lol. Now I got one saying to play FES and another to play P3P.

Ok vote for me: P3P or FES GO!
I had to make the same choice last year when I finished golden on the vita. I ended up buying both and I tried really hard to get through FES but I could not get over the game play for the life of me. Gameplay>walking around. I just watched the cutscenes online. P3P.

Zareka

Gotta save the Vita version for the enhanced port for maximum monies.

Xenoflare

Since it was originally announced as PS3 only and considering how long it's been in development, PS3 to PS4 port is a safe bet.
I wonder if the decision was theirs or if sony approached them to go cross-gen. PS4 is needing all the help it can get in Japan, though of course the fact that the West is adopting it so fast and leaving the PS3 behind is also a factor for Atlus/Sega. It's win-win for everyone regardless.

Yeah, if this is a start of PS4's life in Japan it would be great.

I dunno, PS4/XBO at this point still seems very lacking, but this is coming from a guy who bought the PS3 right at the half way point at 2010, so I'm not keen on buying things early, especially with the fact that PS4 actually cost more than a kinectless XBO here in Canada.

Xenoflare

Gotta save the Vita version for the enhanced port for maximum monies.

I would totally buy a Vita port in a heartbeat, I'm feeling very pessimistic about it since no stores near my place is actually stocking them, it's been like this for the entire summer.

JNA

Banned
Wow. So far it's 4 for FES and 4 for P3P...

I knew it was sorta a debate about this but I never knew how split people were with these versions XD.

You guys are gonna make me go crazy up in here! 0_0

pls be short. Trying to impart my little legs on to the 7 foot tall MC of Persona 4 was near impossible. :(

Its hard to say, I mean the best bet is P5MC's height is somewhere between P3 & P4 MCs.

He looks tall in some cutscenes and average in some - by no means is he short at all.

Is P5MC going for that all, thin, glasses and elegant male look?

Zareka

I would totally buy a Vita port in a heartbeat, I'm feeling very pessimistic about it since no stores near my place is actually stocking them, it's been like this for the entire summer.

I wouldn't worry too much. A Vita port is a given at this point. I think the Vita has at least a little life in Japan and Golden sold pretty well. I'm sure people would double dip for an enhanced, portable version later down the line.

It seems my theory about the fifth chair symbolizing the P5MC was correct.

Did anyone ever notice that in the first P5 teaser trailer, it says "You are slave. Want emancipation?" and there are five chairs and four chains, then it flashes back and there are multiple chairs, and five chains. I always felt that symbolized that the fifth chair and chain symbolizes "you" (MC) as the one being asked. It seems that is true, as P5's official site has been updated with the fifth chain being broken. Take a look:

Shujin High School also has a meaning behind it. Every high school name in Persona has a meaning behind it. Persona 3 was "Gekkoukan" 月光 (Gekkou) means moonlight, and Yasogami means "seven gods." Shujin is Japanese for "prisoner" which makes sense with the themes of the game.

Wow. So far it's 4 for FES and 4 for P3P...

I knew it was sorta a debate about this but I never knew how split people were with these versions XD.

You guys are gonna make me go crazy up in here! 0_0

Dude, P3P is watered down-version of P3, you're seriously missing out by not playing FES. Would you rather watch shit happen or have it narrated to you? It's up to you.

Shujin High School also has a meaning behind it. Every high school name in Persona has a meaning behind it. Persona 3 was "Gekkoukan" 月光 (Gekkou) means moonlight, and Yasogami means "seven gods." Shujin is Japanese for "prisoner" which makes sense with the themes of the game.

"Prison High School" seems a bit too on-the-nose

Zareka

Dude, P3P is watered down-version of P3, you're seriously missing out by not playing FES. Would you rather watch shit happen or have it narrated to you? It's up to you.

I preferred P3P to FES/P4 due to the fact it was narrated and visual novel-ey. All depends on what you like better, really.

I preferred P3P to FES/P4 due to the fact it was narrated and visual novel-ey. All depends on what you like better, really.

That's what I said it's up to him. Personally I can't fathom missing out on awesome scenes like the ones towards the end of the game but to each their own.

It seems my theory about the fifth chair symbolizing the P5MC was correct.

Did anyone ever notice that in the first P5 teaser trailer, it says "You are slave. Want emancipation?" and there are five chairs and four chains, then it flashes back and there are multiple chairs, and five chains. I always felt that symbolized that the fifth chair and chain symbolizes "you" (MC) as the one being asked. It seems that is true, as P5's official site has been updated with the fifth chain being broken. Take a look:

Just wanna make sure... so the 5th chair chain WASNT broken before this trailer showing p5mc?

And it is now BROKEN after the trailer was shown?

Why only 5 chairs? So the "investigation" team or the "tartarus climbing team" will consist of 5 persons? You know the "main" team or playable characters

I literally lost my shit when I saw the trailer. PS4? Based Atlus and persona team treading uncharted territory, nice. Also I dig the MCs design. He seems like a more introverted character, like Makoto, but of course the trailer didn't give much away.

Zareka

You really can't go wrong either way. Any version of Persona 3 is an amazing experience.

Yeah, JNA, basically this. Choose FES or P3P based on your personal preferences but in the end it really doesn't matter which one you play because you'll still have a fantastic time with either.

JNA

Banned

Atlus single handedly made that conference. Ys and Sengen was cool to see but dat Persona 5 trailer just made us (including me) go apeshit. :D

Yeah, JNA, basically this. Choose FES or P3P based on your personal preferences but in the end it really doesn't matter which one you play because you'll still have a fantastic time with either.

...ugh...gun to my head...
pun intended

I guess it will be one of those decisions I need to think a day on. XD

I wouldn't worry too much. A Vita port is a given at this point. I think the Vita has at least a little life in Japan and Golden sold pretty well. I'm sure people would double dip for an enhanced, portable version later down the line.
Well, the Vita isn't selling that bad in Japan. It's usually second after the 3DS.

Top Bottom