• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I'm referring to the red screen to the left of center here:

http://s28.postimg.org/aum1y2jb1/rise.jpg

Actually, even more evidence that they might be the party: Look at the guy on the farthest right: he looks exactly like the main character, clothes, hair, turtleneck and all. Plus, after he was introduced, the farthest right chair had it's chain break.

while what youre saying is extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy interesting... BUT

1) the guy on the farthest right seems to have dyed hair - light brown, p5protag is just straight black hair no?

2) why would they show the 5 ppl on that billboard? if this is supposed to be an ingame animation cutscene, you know like the p5protag entering this city, transferring from another school/city whatever, doesnt make much sense for that billboard to exist

3) someone earlier mentioned it looks like some kinda of idol band or group ad or something

so... what ur saying is really awesome, but after my hype died down a bit, it doesnt seem right

You're right. It could just be some boy band or drama. We're definitely just grasping at straws.

Still, the outfits they're wearing and the hair of the guy in the middle just scream party members.

I see now. It's the emancipation from the strenuous Japanese pop entertainment industry.

cj_iwakura

It's literally impossible for a design to please everyone, isn't it? As original as the MC looks, there's people who say he looks boring and scrawny. :/ See what happens when designers try to be different...

u guys keep referring to shibuya - is this game really gona take place in a REAL city?

i thought all the persona settings were quasi realistic? like inaba doesnt exist, nor does p3 city

is p5 really gona be in shibuya?

It's literally impossible for a design to please everyone, isn't it? As original as the MC looks, there's people who say he looks boring and scrawny. :/ See what happens when designers try to be different...

scrawny? where do you see that? p5protag is looks just like yu, but with glasses, with curly black hair? like yu was manly, this p5protag is elegancemanly

Lunar15

It's clearly referencing Shibuya, but no, it definitely doesn't have to be actual Shibuya.

That said, I had a strong feeling this game would take place in a really big city.

arue

Just a quick sketch of Glasses-kun~
tumblr_nb87g4Ko311tpb3euo1_r2_1280.jpg

It's clearly referencing Shibuya, but no, it definitely doesn't have to be actual Shibuya.

That said, I had a strong feeling this game would take place in a really big city.

yea you are right, the director specifically mentioned in his blog that p5's setting is big city so big contrast

Granted, he has a preference, but still.

i feel like there is really going to be a mitsuru like character in p5, that will just dominate the protags life

MSMrRound

Well yea. As someone who poured hours into The World Ends With You, the whole trailer pretty much screams Shibuya to me, from the 104 building down to the crossing. Most probably gonna give it another fake name for the city though.

"I hope that we’ll have something that will bring you all plenty of joy" - hashino

well i dont know i guess this cannot be spoilers but just pure speculation

i guess p5 will have a happy, positive and endearing ending? hashino just wants us to enjoy the game, to be happy about it, to feel positive about it, so the ending is just gona be sunshine and romance

arue

Gotta find the most appropriate diss...

arue:

I was right and you were wrong, you eat dirt and suck your thumb ♪

EDIT: All those glasses-kun sketches are amazing

The post that I made was more like an organized troll post, but yes, I'll eat dirt and suck my thumb because I missed the mark completely with my prediction.

I'm glad that I'm wrong though :p

PK Gaming

The post that I made was more like an organized troll post, but yes, I'll eat dirt and suck my thumb because I missed the mark completely with my prediction.

I'm glad that I'm wrong though :p

Oh, if it was a troll, it was a good one since you hoodwinked so many users.

Setsu00

Yes it was. Even Setsu fell into despair.

Yes I did. And then you said something like, "Don't let them know, let them despair."

That was before someone found out about that file in Ultimax. :(

That's when I drowned in despair. I also thought this was some kind of punishment for spoiling the game for myself. I learned my lesson, I think :D.
Probably not, though.

I still can't believe everything that happened last night. Staying up until 5am was so worth it.

Now that it's on PS3 and PS4, I really hope this game sells millions of copies. Persona deserves it.

Also, I just read the translation of Hashino's post. I love this man, I even want to give him a hug.

Woo! Just saw the great news. Now I don't have to keep my PS3 around if I ever want to replay Persona 5. Interesting that we saw P5 before P4D.

I know I'm not supposed to be here for a month but waking up to P5 news was unexpected.

Revealing the setting for me is more important than even the Protag's design.

It's kinda awesome that Persona 5 was the "One more thing" announcement of this conference.

Yeah, that's awesome.

It's funny, because I was so bored that I wasn't paying attention to the stream, so I missed everything that happened right before the trailer. In fact, I even missed the Atlus and P Studio logo. I heard a train and thought "Oh, I guess there's a new trailer for something, I should watch it". I immediately recognized that art style and when Hashino's name showed up I started screaming, crying and shaking. I even woke up my brother :p

I thought Flux said it wasn't?
Well I'd think he'd know as much as everyone else. I doubt Atlus would go from announcing Winter 2014, which is a very specific 3 month window from Dec 2014 to March 2015, to the more generic 2015 without a reason.

Although I'm not too concerned about the JP release date anyway, since I won't be playing it. If it was infact delayed because of PS4 development, that shouldn't affect the western release at all.

Setsu00

What? Wasn't that dragon quest?

Morita was all like "But this isn't the end, we still have some more information about a PS3 game that will also get a PS4 version". Since Dragon Quest is also cross-gen, he might have talked about both games, though.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
That remains to be seen, actually. Winter 2014 and 2015 overlap, so if it's released by the end of February 2015, it wouldn't have been delayed. However, if the game comes out sometime during March 2015 to December 2015, it would have been delayed.

Well I'd think he'd know as much as everyone else. I doubt Atlus would go from announcing Winter 2014, which is a very specific 3 month window from Dec 2014 to March 2015, to the more generic 2015 without a reason.

Although I'm not too concerned about the JP release date anyway, since I won't be playing it. If it was infact delayed because of PS4 development, that shouldn't affect the western release at all.

Ah alright. No worries.

Top Bottom