• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Lunar15

Holy shit. It's finally beginning to feel real.

Protag looks a bit close to Narukami, but I like the design. Trailer was cool!

Pirabear

Banned
Big fan of the protagonist design and it taking place in Shibuya (or at least having plot significance there) looks like I'll be getting a PS4 by the end of the year.

Just wanna make sure... so the 5th chair chain WASNT broken before this trailer showing p5mc?

And it is now BROKEN after the trailer was shown?

Why only 5 chairs? So the "investigation" team or the "tartarus climbing team" will consist of 5 persons? You know the "main" team or playable characters

I shall accept nothing less than five selections of main characters.

Zareka

I shall accept nothing less than five selections of main characters.

I was thinking it would be this too. Getting to chose an MC would be a cool compromise between a set MC and a full customisable one. Though even if that does happen, they've already solidified "Glasses-kun" as canon MC thanks to this reveal. :(

I hope they have a female MC you can choose too.

QuadOpto

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS

The day I join here a P5 trailer pops up! Obviously a good sign! I'd change my avatar to the P5MC, but it looks like we've already got a fill of that and I might as well stick with Travis for a while since I just joined.

Other than saying YYEEESSSSSSS, I wanted to bring attention to something.

You know that eye cut-in shot?

aoqask.gif

Did anyone else notice, underneath the flames, what looks like a body and red stuff? Might be a sign that that isn't necessarily a good guy's Persona...

Also when time freezes for the MC and he looks around there's blue and red glowing from above him like sirens, though that probably means nothing I'm just so hyped that I'm taking every little insignificant detail apart, I went through the video like 5 times just to look at all the posters and video advertisements.

I like how realistic the city looks, with so many people travelling along the crossing. I kind of always felt like the P3 city seemed kind of small and empty-ish in cutscenes and in-game.

Also being a PS3 owner and NOT a PS4 owner, I hope the features aren't too different between the two, or that they're so freakin' great that it'd make the console worth it. My only real chance for that would be Christmas and there isn't really much out at the moment that I'd want a PS4 for...>_>;

Finally, I gotta ask, is this a dream? Cuz for some reason the Persona5.jp looks absolutely the same to me, so I hope I'm not going crazy or something and this is all some really weird, amazingly lucid dream.

Based on the two stripes on his turtleneck I'd assume he's a 2nd year as well.

p5 protag does seem more mature though, if hes 3rd year maybe he can end the game by going to uni! extra epilogue starting fresh uni life!

but guess hes also a transfer student, and leaving end of year, and in 2nd year, like always

Then he'll be a straight out from a Shoujo. Tall, megane bishoujo-kun.

haha. this is interesting technique to getting more female players.

p5 protag does appear:

1) more mature than p3 p4 protagonist - has a p2 protag maturity vibe almost, you guys seen terror in resonance? yea? THAT BLACK HAIRED GLASSES GUY

2) like a tall shoujo romance mc

3) potentially overthrowing the swag of yu or makoto

Pirabear

Banned
I kind of just took the 5 chairs as there being 5 characters that will be shown in all the promotional stuff (Like Makoto/Junpei/Yukari in P3 and Yu/Yosuke/Chie in P4). Not necessarily the final party roster.

I kind of just took the 5 chairs as there being 5 characters that will be shown in all the promotional stuff (Like Makoto/Junpei/Yukari in P3 and Yu/Yosuke/Chie in P4). Not necessarily the final party roster.

what really determines who is shown? how is yukiko less importan than chie or yusuke?

what really determines who is shown? how is yukiko less importan than chie or yusuke?

Well, those three are the original Investigation Team. Yukiko is their first rescuee.

But practically, they probably just picked a number and then chose a character composition that felt right for the first promotional image.

Edit:
And Yukiko is on the first promotional image. So eh.

Zareka

I hope so too.
I wonder if he's like Naoto?....Nah.

Now that'd be an interesting way of choosing player gender. Different gender, same protagonist.
Pan tweeted about this pretty nice easter egg in the trailer

https://twitter.com/regularpanties/status/506408215563620352

Looks kind of legit. What do you guys think?

Also, the blue glowing thingy is giving me a Devil Survivor vibe.

"Defeat the demon to get it to join your party!"

everyone was brown hair

arue

[03:38:31] <PK_Gaming> Oh and I gotta rub it in arue's face

Where's PK? Come at me bro.

BOOM.

I actually don't like uploading my art at this time because nobody sees it, so it's going to get no traction on Tumblr, but I wanted to be amongst the first. :p
Very nice! You captured his personality well in here.

5 minutes (aka lazy)
MGYFZWt.png

beautiful.
That :3 face. lol.

I'll join the fun, okay?
This one is nice too.

I want to join in the fun too. Maybe in 1 or 2 hours.

Pan tweeted about this pretty nice easter egg in the trailer

https://twitter.com/regularpanties/status/506408215563620352

Looks kind of legit. What do you guys think?

Also, the blue glowing thingy is giving me a Devil Survivor vibe.

"Defeat the demon to get it to join your party!"

who is pan??? i keep seeing it and i want to know...

regarding the 3 portraits. although its really hard to distinguish, looks like 2 females 1 male? top & bottom female and middle one seems male

so chie is top yukiko is bottom and yusuke is middle?

Lunar15

whelp that's it. gotta buy a ps4 at some point

Yeah, I'm hoping we get some price cuts next year or something.

I'm super glad this is coming to PS4 since I have an original, day 1 PS3 and that thing overheats like a motherfucker. I was not looking forward to booting it up for P5.

Daimaou

Other than saying YYEEESSSSSSS, I wanted to bring attention to something.

You know that eye cut-in shot?

aoqask.gif

Did anyone else notice, underneath the flames, what looks like a body and red stuff? Might be a sign that that isn't necessarily a good guy's Persona...

Pretty sure that's just the tops of the crowd's heads.

Lunar15

Holy Fuck at 2015. Like, seriously. 2015 is nuts.

Just off the top of my head:

Persona 5
Bloodborne
New Zelda
Witcher 3
Ys

I mean, FUCK. I'm not even close to listing half of the crazy good games coming out next year.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Holy Fuck at 2015. Like, seriously. 2015 is nuts.

Just off the top of my head:

Persona 5
Bloodborne
New Zelda
Witcher 3
Ys

I mean, FUCK. I'm not even close to listing half of the crazy good games coming out next year.

Kinda makes you wish that 2014 was over by now. Senran Kagura, DOA 5UFR, Ys, BloodBorne,Ratchet and Clank Redux, Persona 5 and YS. I"m surprised that we didn't get a Tales game announcement.

I really like the protagonist's design. Very distinct from P3 and P4's. But I think I've seen enough of the game now, will probably avoid any new previews or trailers.

The MC looks like Naoto.

Kinda disappointed, in all honesty. At least the PS4 news is great!

Do you not like the design? It just appears to be a slightly more elegant? nerdy? and reserved version of Yu Narukami.

you have the, potentially, same tall silent neutral protag to impersonate yourself in p5? is that not something to like?

Lunar15

Turtlenecks are weird, but overall, I like the new uniform design.

Note: Can't find any car logos that match the school emblem, so I guess that streak is broken. My guess was totally going to be something like Audi because it looks like interlocking chains.

Venfayth

Do you not like the design? It just appears to be a slightly more elegant? nerdy? and reserved version of Yu Narukami.

you have the, potentially, same tall silent neutral protag to impersonate yourself in p5? is that not something to like?

See above. The reason I don't like it is because of how much it reminds me of Naoto, and not a neutral character like P3 or P4 protagonist. I am honestly surprised it doesn't seem like many other people see the resemblance. The only (minor) differences are that his hair and eyes are slightly different colors, the hair is curlier but still styled in the EXACT same pattern, and his glasses are larger. Oh, and, he doesn't wear a hat. But, put Naoto's hat on him and it'd be indecipherable.

edit: And, don't get me wrong. I'm really excited for the game and I don't think I'll dislike the protagonist. There are shots in the trailer that don't look so goddamn similar to Naoto. I just would have liked a design that didn't immediately make me think of another character from the series.

Lunar15

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon:

citroen-logo-1574BA32A0-seeklogo.com.gif

(Psst, look at his 2nd Year Pin)

Yeah, we're talking super stretches here. Fun though!

Actually, they show that exact image on several other screens througout the trailer, so it has to have some significance.

Pretty neat that P5 is a cross gen title. Though I'm curious to see the graphical difference between the two versions. Also, the implementation of the PS4 Share button.

I can't help but be a bit disappointed. The PS1 had two mainline Persona games, the PS2 had another two, and now, the PS3 and PS4 are sharing one. P3 came out at a good time during the PS2 life cycle, and P4 was the JRPG swansong (among other amazing titles the PS2 graced us with as it neared obsoletion). Now, we continue to wait for P5.

Guess they are really investing into P5, in terms of creating an incredibly polished titled and a marketable one at that. Can't shake the feeling that Persona Team has more in store for us when it comes to P5. Like it's gonna be around for a while in many forms. The "Compilation of Persona 4" was a success, they made a fighting game, two anime, a P3/P4 cross over 3DS game, an unreleased dancing game, and a ton of other stuff. I wonder what the "Compilation of Persona 5" will entail.

Lunar15

Just like the usual Shibuya and their ads to me. They also showed that five-multicolored-idols sequence on several screens.

You're right. It could just be some boy band or drama. We're definitely just grasping at straws.

Still, the outfits they're wearing and the hair of the guy in the middle just scream party members.

See above. The reason I don't like it is because of how much it reminds me of Naoto, and not a neutral character like P3 or P4 protagonist. I am honestly surprised it doesn't seem like many other people see the resemblance. The only (minor) differences are that his hair and eyes are slightly different colors, the hair is curlier but still styled in the EXACT same pattern, and his glasses are larger. Oh, and, he doesn't wear a hat. But, put Naoto's hat on him and it'd be indecipherable.

edit: And, don't get me wrong. I'm really excited for the game and I don't think I'll dislike the protagonist. There are shots in the trailer that don't look so goddamn similar to Naoto. I just would have liked a design that didn't immediately make me think of another character from the series.

I actually see the resemblance that I think you're trying to say

But the naoto in the game, like naoto's ingame portraits say from p4g, is actually quite different from her design in the artbook. im SURE if you compare the p5protag from the trailer to naoto's ingame portraits, you will see they are much more different

p5protag seems to be the most perfect persona neutral protag, the neutrality is just genius

Top Bottom