• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

todd360

Morita was all like "But this isn't the end, we still have some more information about a PS3 game that will also get a PS4 version". Since Dragon Quest is also cross-gen, he might have talked about both games, though.

The one more thing is always the surprise game at the end of the show. That was dragon quest lol.

It's funny, because I was so bored that I wasn't paying attention to the stream, so I missed everything that happened right before the trailer. In fact, I even missed the Atlus and P Studio logo. I heard a train and thought "Oh, I guess there's a new trailer for something, I should watch it". I immediately recognized that art style and when Hashino's name showed up I started screaming, crying and shaking. I even woke up my brother :p
I actually completely missed it because my stream crashed ç_ç

Mononoke

Banned
It's too easy to make assumptions based on how someone looks. But I'll be curious to see what the personality of MC is. Will he be a strong leader? Will he be more reserved? Timid? If I had to guess based on 100% shallow factors, I can't imagine this guy will be like Yu where everyone flocks to him and wants to be his friend.

Then again, just because the guy has glasses doesn't mean he's going to be timid/reserved either. I guess I just kind of got that vibe based on his expressions in the video, and also my own biases of perception (based on his design).

Dantis

I'm enjoying this speculation. This is the most excited I've been in a long while.

My only problem now is that it's killed any enthusiasm I had for the spinoffs. Who cares about characters we've known for five years when we have Glasses-kun?

kewlmyc

I wonder will glasses guy outswag the swagmaster Yu.

Either way great news for ps4 people who will want a jrpg

Hopefully the "swag" memes die with the P5. I'm liking his design even though I now can't unsee Harry Potter. The City does look like Shibuya, so I hope that it takes advantage of being in a huge city.

Can't wait for the PS4 version. There is now only one game I'm looking forward to on the PS3 and it'll likely get a port eventually if past games of the series are anything to go by.

I'm enjoying this speculation. This is the most excited I've been in a long while.

My only problem now is that it's killed any enthusiasm I had for the spinoffs. Who cares about characters we've known for five years when we have Glasses-kun?

Way to betray Dancing All Night. :p It's weird how it wasn't even shown during the Vita montage though.

todd360

I wish he had cooler glasses. Teddy needs to hook him up.

Those who follow me on twitter (same username as here) have seen my thoughts on the trailer. When I first watched it, it was early and I was heavily medicated because I'm sick as heck. The more I watch the trailer, the more little things I pick up on it. Let me compile some of my thoughts on it:

Am I over analyzing things, or do I see everyone around him using phones? I had this theory that the title would revolve around social media

Then right in the beginning there's this poster for the new P.A.D? A device looking thing? Maybe that can be used to summon Personas?

@monsoonpower if it is so, it'd make sense. Breaking the chains of society. The whole big brother, they are always watching us, type of shit

Also on the MCs design, as an artist myself, I really like it. I didn't like Yu for the fact that he looked too much like a protagonist.

This guy however, looks normal. He blends in with the crowd at the end. Still stylish design, but not overly swagtastic. The perfect blend.

Zareka

It's too easy to make assumptions based on how someone looks. But I'll be curious to see what the personality of MC is. Will he be a strong leader? Will he be more reserved? Timid? If I had to guess based on 100% shallow factors, I can't imagine this guy will be like Yu where everyone flocks to him and wants to be his friend..

Pleeeeease be like this. I prefer the average guy angle to the "tall, perfect, handsome young man that literally everyone wants to be friends with forever" thing that Persona 4 had going on. It got annoying. It's one reason I prefered P3's MC to P4's. I mean sure, you did end up shacking up with every girl you bumped in to in P3 but I still felt less perfect than in P4. Not being 'the leader' in P3 helped with this a lot, I think.
Hopefully the "swag" memes die with the P5.
This too please.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Can't wait for the PS4 version. There is now only one game I'm looking forward to on the PS3 and it'll likely get a port eventually if past games of the series are anything to go by.

Tales?
10592685_1528997547312739_8733699419049511007_n.jpg

Tiu Neo

While the teaser got me pretty hyped for 5 after the teaser, I'm also a bit sad they didn't show anything about Dancing All Night. Hope it's still alive and not delayed, but I'm not too sure, after today :(

Dantis

Has anyone pointed out that he's the first primary protagonist to to wear his uniform formally since Persona 1, yet?

While the teaser got me pretty hyped for 5 after the teaser, I'm also a bit sad they didn't show anything about Dancing All Night. Hope it's still alive and not delayed, but I'm not too sure, after today :(

I now think that it is definitely delayed.

Awesome news... I'm gonna buy it on my future PS4. Great trailer. But for a minute, I didn't know if the protagonist was a he or a she. lol

Mononoke

Banned
Pleeeeease be like this. I prefer the average guy angle to the "tall, perfect, handsome young man that literally everyone wants to be friends with forever" thing that Persona 4 had going on. It got annoying. It's one reason I prefered P3's MC to P4's. I mean sure, you did end up shacking up with every girl you bumped in to in P3 but I still felt less perfect than in P4. Not being 'the leader' in P3 helped with this a lot, I think.

This too please.

I was okay with Yu, because I don't feel that every MC was that way prior (so to me, it was just another MC that was his own thing). So I can agree that I want this MC to NOT be that, just for the fact that I want things to change.

So I agree with you. But I really really hate anime characters that are super timid and weak. So I hope this guy doesn't go into the opposite end of the spectrum and is one of those kind of characters. I mean, I guess that could be very interesting. It's just a personal subjective thing, where I don't like that trope.

I've been told by a lot of my friends that I look similar to Glasses-kun, so I'm planning on creating a detailed school uniform cosplay for Evo next year (and any other events I may attend). Just need to dye my hair black. :V

Are there any references for creating cosplay I could look up? Particularly for the school uniform. If not, I can just find a similar one at the local thrift shop, sew in red buttons, create the school insignia patch, and rock that white turtleneck. I'm really a fan of the white turtleneck.

Setsu00

There should be some DAN info between September 19th and September 21st. Persona Music Box (this year's music event) is on September 19th while Atlus is said to have a stage show on September 20th and September 21st according to PSC. Together with the tidbit by the PS blog that they have info on DAN and the recent announcement of the fall isssue of the Persona Magazine, we should know more by the end of this month.

Velcro Fly

Will buy on PS3 first. Might buy Vita port if/when that happens. Could always buy on PS4 when I get one in a few years. And of course gobbling up any special edition that comes out.

wmlk

And please, don't give a larger than life backstory like halfway through the game about MC. He's presented as a blank slate and should be treated that way.

That diminished P3 so much in my eyes. Ugh.

Forgot that a PS4 release means remote play. Since JRPGs traditionally don't need exact inputs , I might be able to play it anywhere without latancy ruining the experience. Yay

Zareka

I was okay with Yu, because I don't feel that every MC was that way prior (so to me, it was just another MC that was his own thing). So I can agree that I want this MC to NOT be that, just for the fact that I want things to change.

So I agree with you. But I really really hate anime characters that are super timid and weak. So I hope this guy doesn't go into the opposite end of the spectrum and is one of those kind of characters. I mean, I guess that could be very interesting. It's just a personal subjective thing, where I don't like that trope.

I agree. I didn't mind Yu too much, I just wouldn't like a character like him again, and I prefer the other MC's of the series. At the same time I hope this new guy isn't a wimp either; I just like a balance while still having something that makes him unique.
Dear lord.

Do I even WANT to know what this is? (Dunno if image is loading, but it's P4 stuff, not P5.)

Also, I'm really interested in seeing how the MC looks in official artwork vs animated cutscenes. I wonder if we'll see more in this style or if Soejima will continue with this.

Mononoke

Banned
Said this in the other thread. But I would be down if the shadow world was digital and connected to the internet. So phones/tablets play a part.

I just hope they bring back dynamic dungeons like in P4.

raven777

Judging from the translation, he doesn't give any hints to more news that might be coming shortly. I think they just flat-out delayed the game and we're gonna hear about it a while later.

well I guess you are right. hope we get some info as soon as possible.

arue

Guess we should've done Make Your Own P5 Protag week last week after all!
Too late for that now. Last week would be the perfect chance to do it because it should have ended last Thursday.

But I enjoyed drawing Junpei so it didn't really matter to me.

Mononoke

Banned
I agree. I didn't mind Yu too much, I just wouldn't like a character like him again, and I prefer the other MC's of the series. At the same time I hope this new guy isn't a wimp either; I just like a balance while still having something that makes him unique.

Dear lord.

Do I even WANT to know what this is? (Dunno if image is loading, but it's P4 stuff, not P5.)

Also, I'm really interested in seeing how the MC looks in official artwork vs animated cutscenes. I wonder if we'll see more in this style or if Soejima will continue with this.

I don't even mind wimpy per se. I hate the pathetic self loathing timid characters. Armin in Shingeki drove me nuts. To be fair, he went on to be the coolest character in the series (or at least the one with the most growth).

wmlk

Didn't everybody suggest that Soejima would make extremely good looking characters for P5? Where did that even come from, anyway?

Top Bottom