• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I just make these "best Persona girl" jokes in jest, because I've pretty much said that for every Persona character regardless of gender. I do agree it is a bit harsh to generalize our entire community based on waifu wars in the gaming side, though.

FluxWaveZ

I just make these "best Persona girl" jokes in jest, because I've pretty much said that for every Persona character regardless of gender.

The thing is, practically everyone who does this say they do it in jest. So many people do it "in jest" (in addition to those who do it sincerely) that each and every Persona topic becomes engulfed in these statements.

Loving the hype. Of all the things that got announced, Persona 5 is the one trending and ripping through twitter feeds. It's a great time to be a Persona fan, it's like a huge online celebration aha

JNA

Banned
Loving the hype. Of all the things that got announced, Persona 5 is the one trending and ripping through twitter feeds. It's a great time to be a Persona fan, it's like a huge online celebration aha

This game is going sell bunkers with the current internet today and fan base.

Hopefully as discussed before, it gets the FF7 treatment and Sony markets the hell out of this game.

The thing is, practically everyone who does this say they do it in jest. So many people do it "in jest" (in addition to those who do it sincerely) that each and every Persona topic becomes engulfed in these statements.

And that's part of the reason why I mainly leave those jokes for twitter in recent times. Don't want to shit up this thread with waifu wars when our community is viewed so negatively.

FluxWaveZ

This game is going sell bunkers with the current internet today and fan base.

The critical point was the North American market and the game's PS3 exclusivity. Now that it's also a PS4 game, there's nothing holding P5 back from becoming a very big deal in our market, finally. All that it needs is to not have too long of a delay compared to its JP release and the thing will be huge. Hell, the game actually has a real chance—for once—of making an E3 appearance at E3 2015 because it's a current gen. game too.

Man, the game was gonna do great in Japan, but now it's actually going to do so well in the western market, too. I love it.

I imagine a lot of people will. For some, there aren't enough exclusives or hot titles to justify a PS4 yet. Or they're tight for money.

Plus, Japan will probably buy it for PS3. >_>;

I will be buying any version that's physical and depending on money, the cheapest.

JNA

Banned
I imagine a lot of people will. For some, there aren't enough exclusives or hot titles to justify a PS4 yet. Or they're tight for money.

Plus, Japan will probably buy it for PS3. >_>;

Some of Japan will buy it for PS3 sure but I think the sales will be like God Eater 2 (released for both PSP and Vita yet Vita had more sales than PSP) and the PS4 version will get the better sales numbers.

At least IMO.

Zareka

The critical point was the North American market and the game's PS3 exclusivity. Now that it's also a PS4 game, there's nothing holding P5 back from becoming a very big deal in our market, finally. All that it needs is to not have too long of a delay compared to its JP release and the thing will be huge. Hell, the game actually has a real chance—for once—of making an E3 appearance at E3 2015 because it's a current gen. game too.

Man, the game was gonna do great in Japan, but now it's actually going to do so well in the western market, too. I love it.

If Persona manages to become a big thing but still keep to what it is and everything that's good about it, I will be so happy.

Sophia

Fine, be a rube and miss out on all those extra lines of resolution!

The real benefits are going to be streaming and remote play. I'm going to absolutely enjoy streaming the game on the harder difficultly. Now everyone can watch my absurdity. >_>;

Kev is silly.

That he is. It's unfortunate that subject in which he was joking about is a bit touchy however.

JNA

Banned

Especially if this game gets a worldwide release or a month or so after Japan release. The western market currently has no JRPG PS4 games nor does it have any to look forward too (unless you count Bloodbourne but that's apples and oranges). So Persona 5 will be the first to capture that market and that could lead to a big boom in sales if it was released any later otherwise.

Silky

Banned
Especially if this game gets a worldwide release or a month or so after Japan release. The western market currently has no JRPG PS4 games nor does it have any to look forward too (unless you count Bloodbourne but that's apples and oranges). So Persona 5 will be the first to capture that market and that could lead to a big boom in sales if it was released any later otherwise.

Wait hold on I though Souls was much bigger in NA than overseas?

QuadOpto

While it would be nice to have more to explore in each section of the city, wouldn't it be kind of a pain in the ass to find people when social linking?

Hopefully, if they are going to make big areas, they'd most likely have big indicators over Social Link people's heads like they do in 3 and 4.

I hope there are bigger areas in any rate, and that they can hopefully render it in a way where it's not too intensive on the system, but able to generate enough people(As in, just blank characters walking around that you can't talk to) to make sure the city doesn't look like a ghost town.

FluxWaveZ

Kind of like the Persona 4 Golden effect on the PS Vita. A real niche handheld, but the game still did exceptionally well because it was a fantastic JRPG that was released early on in the Vita's life. Now it's essentially the same situation, but the PS4 is nowhere near "niche" (outside of Japan, heh), so that'll increase how well the game will perform in North America that much more.

Wait hold on I though Souls was much bigger in NA than overseas?

He means JRPGs for the PS4. He's comparing Bloodborne and Persona 5.

JNA

Banned
The real benefits are going to be streaming and remote play. I'm going to absolutely enjoy streaming the game on the harder difficultly. Now everyone can watch my absurdity. >_>;

That he is. It's unfortunate that subject in which he was joking about is a bit touchy however.

Twitch is also going to make this game more popular.

I predict a lot of
Kreygasm.png
for the waifus and
logo
for those bad choices.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I'm usually good at deciphering people online.

Some people are good at escaping my radar.

Of course, when your community gets blamed for everything that happens in a Persona thread... sometimes it's hard to tell.

I fully plan on streaming my extreme/highest-difficulty playthrough while in my Glasses-kun cosplay, which is why I'm getting the PS4 version over the PS3 version. Now if only I could have access to a pre-order, I would pay it off immediately.

I feel like Persona 5 is going to be one of the most talked about titles on current gen. Look at the activity on the internet, IT IS INSANE. I can truly see this becoming the PS4 FF VII like you mentioned. A worldwide release on it would only make things EVEN better. Throw in the usual Atlus collector goodies in there, and they've got themselves millions.

I'm more than ready to put down serious money for the collectors edition of this game, I don't care how much, I will work double shifts and still go to my lectures if I have to. Saying that this is my most anticipated game of next year is cutting it short, and now that it's on PS4? My good lord.

JNA

Banned
I'm more than ready to put down serious money for the collectors edition of this game, I don't care how much, I will work double shifts and still go to my lectures if I have to. Saying that this is my most anticipated game of next year is cutting it short, and now that it's on PS4? My good lord.

Sadly...I'm pretty much the same way. XD

I'm waiting for the inevitable collector's edition before I pre order that shit.

I hope those CE won't go out as fast as Pax tickets or I will be a very sad bear.

Can somebody find and post that "old and busted, new hotness" picture. XD

EDIT: found it!

Bwb1g8oCEAANJqq.png

Persona is a different beast now. Its actually become one of the most adored and recognised jrpg's in gaming right now.

While it would be nice to have more to explore in each section of the city, wouldn't it be kind of a pain in the ass to find people when social linking?

What about the entire school, all the classrooms etc with no load screens. I guess it would be werid geographically in the city if you walk form one end to the other in seconds so that could be masked with loading screens and will allow quick SL's outside the school/dorm.

Top Bottom