• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Mononoke

Banned
I really want to like the MC's design. =/ The more I get used to it, the more I kind of don't like it. Bleh. Hopefully his personality is awesome.

has been discussed and mentioned in both threads. But yeah I think it's probably a hint of other party members.

Also the one ad in the center which has 5 people in it. And the one on the left with those idols... Maybe they all are characters in the game. I bet they even slipped in a character or two in the middle of the crowd aha.

Moonlight

Banned
Apologies if these have been posted yet, but these are kinda great.

tumblr_nb8h94DW2d1s73ku9o1_500.png

tumblr_nb8h94DW2d1s73ku9o2_500.png

P3 spoilers

tumblr_nb8h94DW2d1s73ku9o4_500.png

Sauce

CorvoSol

What are we all thinking of calling our MC, then? Do people just roll with their real/GAF names at all?

Its gonna be hard to not go with Harry Potter. In honor of the turtleneck, though, Carl will be the first name. Probably choose the name of a minister for the surname as balance.

Carl Kimball, for instance.*

*I will forget all of this well before then.

By the time the game is out I'm sure that there will be some kind of name that everyone will be calling him. Or maybe the devs will just pull a SMTIV and give him a preset name like Flynn's. I'm not too original with names (proof of that being my previous post), my name wouldn't work since they never put accents in, and it's waaay too Portuguese. So I will roll with either the preset, or whatever is deemed as "canon" (like Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuki for P3 and Souji Seta/Yu Narukami for P4)

I was just wondering this as well, I mean I imagine at some point a persona 5 arena will exist and at that point he'll probably need an official name so they might just give him a default name that can be changed. Which would be nice as the other option would be to use my own name and that just feels strange.

MSMrRound

Other than the party member cut-ins on the right side, the middle screen also had a brief cut-in flashed (around 0:38. 0:39 mark in the trailer), before changing to a picture of 5 characters

I wonder if the protagonist's spectacles are slightly larger than mine...

Other than the party member cut-ins on the right side, the middle screen also had a brief cut-in flashed (around 0:38. 0:39 mark in the trailer), before changing to a picture of 5 characters

If you want them to be as exact as the character's, those seem a little narrow at the top and bottom. I had my actual seeing glasses for work and school custom made from the Rayban Wayfarer model a while back, kind of like this:

frame_1464_308_001.jpg

I think it's something like that, they are very round and big on his face.

Jachaos

Hm, you're right, the middle screen, if only for a couple of frames, has the last cut-in of the right screen.

Xenoflare

I've been wondering, since now a lot JRPGs is moving on to cinematic cutscenes instead of the ol' dialogue box/bubbles, (FF XIII, Xillia etc) what do you guys think Atlus is going to handle the choices? Like a dialogue wheel or something?

Although Xillia 2's cutscene+silent protag choices really makes the experience awkward.

Setsu00

Has anyone mentioned this already?

14095985648778vs97.png

There's a section sign on the school's logo. Fits with the whole "Rules and chains" theme.

I've been wondering, since now a lot JRPGs is moving on to cinematic cutscenes instead of the ol' dialogue box/bubbles, (FF XIII, Xillia etc) what do you guys think Atlus is going to handle the choices? Like a dialogue wheel or something?

Although Xillia 2's cutscene+silent protag choices really makes the experience awkward.

Over text message just like Catherine. Focus seems to be on phones anyway aha!

Xenoflare

Over text message just like Catherine. Focus seems to be on phones anyway aha!

That would be awesome, but it GOT to have IRL interactions. (Even I know you are just joking)

I would like to see the menus to be designed around a mobile-os-esque format, that would be cool.

I recall that in an interview a long time ago Atlus said the P5 engine is not going to be the same with Catherine's, anyone could verify?

I really wouldn't mind if P5 looked like Catherine, it's not really technologically demanding and it looks really pleasant.

Levito

Banned
Isn't this news just so awesome? Everyone in here seems equally excited and enthusiastic! Great discussion and analysis going on too, all from barely a minute of a trailer. Y'all are great, seriously.

Exactly! He totally has an Andrew Garfield thing going on.

That's an interesting parallel to draw, but I get what you're saying. haha

That would be awesome, but it GOT to have IRL interactions. (Even I know you are just joking)

I would like to see the menus to be designed around a mobile-os-esque format, that would be cool.

I recall that in an interview a long time ago Atlus said the P5 engine is not going to be the same with Catherine's, anyone could verify?

I really wouldn't mind if P5 looked like Catherine, it's not really technologically demanding and it looks really pleasant.

Yeah of course, but that I think will just be Persona business as usual. You have 4 choices and you choose one. But then there could be that feature, after school, or at night, receiving texts from friends and being able to reply back, just like in Catherine. And I think they are going to go with a P4D character look. Those character models look great, and in 1080p they would look amazing. Of course they could further improve them given the console's horsepower and make it look even more "anime-ish" with better cell-shading.

I hope they just stick to the dialog boxes I mean they're simple but they work, a dialog wheel could certainly work as well as long as it isn't done like Xillia where it just suddenly pauses the cutscene as I think that just ruins the flow of a scene.

It's not so cursory. I'm talking about whole casts here. That's at least dozen characters, which I would argue does in fact suggest a trend.

Maybe. I never felt anyone in P3 was extraordinarily stylish/good looking.

Yo man Mitsuru/Yukari are probably the most good looking females of the Persona series. More so than the female cast of Persona 4. As for male cast Makoto and Akihiko are extraordinary stylish and good looking.

kirijo_mitsuru_persona_3_persona_series_takeba_yukari_simple_background_wallpaper-8914.jpg

Persona_3_Protagonist_4.jpg

I know it's a matter of opinion, but I just can't comprehend this.

kewlmyc

What are we all thinking of calling our MC, then? Do people just roll with their real/GAF names at all?

Harry Potter unless they have a default name for him like SMTIV did. Using your real name has always felt bizarre for me when you can't create your own character.

Xenoflare

I hope they just stick to the dialog boxes I mean they're simple but they work, a dialog wheel could certainly work as well as long as it isn't done like Xillia where it just suddenly pauses the cutscene as I think that just ruins the flow of a scene.

No kidding, as much as I want Catherine-esque cutscenes in P5, I cannot think of a way to fit that and dialogue pauses together.

I'm sure Atlus would find a way.

Xenoflare

Yeah of course, but that I think will just be Persona business as usual. You have 4 choices and you choose one. But then there could be that feature, after school, or at night, receiving texts from friends and being able to reply back, just like in Catherine. And I think they are going to go with a P4D character look. Those character models look great, and in 1080p they would look amazing. Of course they could further improve them given the console's horsepower and make it look even more "anime-ish" with better cell-shading.

I would love HD cel-shading, in fact I cannot think of any other way to present the game lol.

Jachaos

I'll name him

Notminako Arisato

But on a more serious note, I guess my real name or use a random Japanese name generator. Let's see...

Rokuro Saito. Well, there you go.

Musolf815

The critical point was the North American market and the game's PS3 exclusivity. Now that it's also a PS4 game, there's nothing holding P5 back from becoming a very big deal in our market, finally. All that it needs is to not have too long of a delay compared to its JP release and the thing will be huge. Hell, the game actually has a real chance—for once—of making an E3 appearance at E3 2015 because it's a current gen. game too.

Man, the game was gonna do great in Japan, but now it's actually going to do so well in the western market, too. I love it.

It makes me so happy. I can't wait to see how big this game gets. If there's this much hype from the reveal of the protagonist, imagine how hyped people will be when gameplay details come out...

Top Bottom