• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Winter 2014 was always vague to begin with, so I never put much faith in it. Especially as we got closer and closer with so little information.

I'm gonna say we wait and see what info TGS gives. If we get a lot, it's probably not delayed significantly.

Yeah, it became pretty obvious that it was going to be 2015 a while back. If Persona 5's actually been delayed, I do hope it's not something like late Q3/Q4 2015, which could potentially mean we'd have to wait until 2016 to get it.

I don't think Persona 4 Dancing's delayed. Still think it's going to launch this fall, so before December.

Dantis

He's only made character designs for 3 main games, though (including Catherine).
I don't see the trend.

We're referring to Soejima's art, between 2006 and now. His style has changed in how he draws bodies, eyes, outfits etc. etc. As time has gone on, it has emphasised attractiveness. Your 'three games' misses out every illustration and every spinoff work. A good example is how his style of drawing ladies' eyes has progressed.

I don't want to make a big thing out of this, but it is literally a fact (with evidence, if one was so inclined!), so if you still don't understand then I'll just leave you be, because I don't actually care very much.

Persona 5 gets shown for the first time and you're sat arguing that the characters haven't gotten more attractive. Lol.

The girl speculation seems to be looking into it a bit too strong. Looks like a design that could work, but its also generic enough that she could easily just be any other generic person in that shot.

Maybe it's a social link character. I would think a member of the main cast would stand out more in terms of color.

Levito

Banned
Cmon guys, don't start going at it already, let's positive thinking!

FUCK I CAN'T GET OVER THE PS4 NEWS, SO GOD DAMN HAPPY.

Style

Banned
ibnlN7ycBuj2rK.gif

Acid08

Banned
I wonder what kind of graphical style they're going to go for and how the extra power the PS4 has will benefit it. Like, are we still all expecting Catherine-like visuals? Maybe something slightly more realistic?

It's interesting that the game is set in Shibuya or just Tokyo (since I bet Shibuya isn't the only place were gonna be able to go in the game) instead of some fictional city.

Style

Banned
I wonder what kind of graphical style they're going to go for and how the extra power the PS4 has will benefit it. Like, are we still all expecting Catherine-like visuals? Maybe something slightly more realistic?

Cel shaded cartoon look à la the Tales series and the Naruto games?

Zareka

pls no realism, Catherine looked infinitely better than any realistic graphics ever could.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The PS4 version is probably going to be a simple up-port. I hope i'm wrong though.

Style

Banned
Obviously the courtroom teasing from PSC means that the game will have court sessions à la Ace Attorney. That's why the design of the new protagonist is meant to radiate intelligence instead of carefreeness, pain, indifference or masculinity like Naoya, Tatsuya, Makoto and Yu.

Catherine style is my bet and it will look amazing on PS4 and even PS3:

maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine if it was more crisp, 1080p and even 60 fps (though its not needed)

Gbraga

Catherine does look really good. Even if it's not much of an upgrade at all, just having those visuals at 1080p and 60fps would be awesome.

Gbraga

this ain't no poor man's rpg anymore.

I'll miss it, to be completely honest. It was part of the series' identity to me.

But, that said, the series' identity already changed from 2 to 3, so I can't really be that upset, unless I still think they should go back after playing the game.

Lunar15

Pretty sure an older interview said to expect full cutscenes, give or take. I may be misremembering and Flux will correct me shortly. :p

It's hard to put a lot of stock in old interivews at this point. I feel like this game has probably undergone a lot of twists and turns in development, and has probably only begun to solidify fairly recently.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure an older interview said to expect full cutscenes, give or take. I may be misremembering and Flux will correct me shortly. :p

Well, I don't recall anything of the sort. I think all of the places we've heard any information about Persona 5 since the November announcement until now were in: #Re:birth, Dengeki #555, Soejima GI interview, #September and potentially the PSC #7 blog post.

I believe a translation from either #Re:birth or Dengeki #555 stated that the game would be using more "life-sizesd models" or something similar, but I don't think the character portraits were specifically referenced. Wouldn't be too surprised if they were gone (or still there).

It's hard to put a lot of stock in old interivews at this point. I feel like this game has probably undergone a lot of twists and turns in development, and has probably only begun to solidify fairly recently.

All information after the November reveal would obviously be after the project had solidified. Before then, there had been absolutely no concrete details about the game other than the fact that they made their own engine for it, which is probably still the case.

Sophia

Well, I don't recall anything of the sort. I think all of the places we've heard any information about Persona 5 since the November announcement until now were in: #Re:birth, Dengeki #555, Soejima GI interview, #September and potentially the PSC #7 blog post.

I believe a translation from either #Re:birth or Dengeki #555 stated that the game would be using more "life-sizesd models" or something similar, but I don't think the character portraits were specifically referenced. Wouldn't be too surprised if they were gone (or still there).

That might be what I'm remembering then. Either way, I think it's a safe bet to say they're probably not prominent.

Lunar15

All information after the November reveal would obviously be after the project had solidified. Before then, there had been absolutely no concrete details about the game other than the fact that they made their own engine for it, which is probably still the case.

I have a strong feeling there have been bumps since last year's reveal even. But my point moreover is that it's really too hard to say if anything they've said has stuck. I'd imagine the engine would have to have been nailed down some time ago, however.

Sophia

The joke is that we rarely ever have waifu wars in this thread

It is highly unfortunate that the people who regularly participate in this sub-community are blamed for something we don't even do. :\

Heck, we rarely tolerate "waifu" discussion in this thread, because of how badly it derails stuff.

Andrefpvs

I do not want to be associated with the people that constantly derail threads on gaming side with "waifu wars". That was a bit harsh from Kev.

Edit: I meant I don't want to be associated with the act of derailing the threads, I didn't mean to insult the people who do it :p

Top Bottom