• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I wasn't the only one who thought of The World Ends With You was I?

I too want to see what graphics style they'll go for. Hashino did say a while back that they were going for more realistic character models as opposed to the kinda sorta chibi look of P3 and P4 models. Does that mean that portraits are gonna be done away with?

CorvoSol

Man i dont want to be that guy but three clips of Atlus anime scenes does jack for me. Im excited, i guess, but Square has beaten me out of giving a shit about nongameplay trailers.

Still, good news for PS4 owners and good to know we'll be seeing this next year.

Think I'll be infrequent, now, since speculation phase is under way.

Levito

Banned
So do you folk think the main character looking distressed in the middle of the crosswalk alludes to like social anxiety? Trying to figure out if it's trying to tie into the theme of people being stuck in their ways/a undesirable path. Probably reading too much into it. haha

Interesting that the MC appears to be summoning his persona in board daylight with crowds around too.

Style

Banned
I think phones will be the new TVs. Calling it.

ibwxqjzSNa4ioS.gif

Sadly...I'm pretty much the same way. XD

I'm waiting for the inevitable collector's edition before I pre order that shit.

I hope those CE won't go out as fast as Pax tickets or I will be a very sad bear.

Yup I'm pre-ordering it as soon as it goes up, I won't even think twice. I need moar emancipation in my life.

Persona is a different beast now. Its actually become one of the most adored and recognised jrpg's in gaming right now.

For good reason though, the series is excellent. Seeing it get the recognition that it deserves puts a smile on my face.

Monsoon, that Terror in Resonance GIF is perfect aha!

So do you folk think the main character looking distressed in the middle of the crosswalk alludes to like social anxiety? Trying to figure out if it's trying to tie into the theme of people being stuck in their ways/a undesirable path. Probably reading too much into it. haha

Interesting that the MC appears to be summoning his persona in board daylight with crowds around too.

What if the "shadow world" takes over the real world whenever time stops? That's a theory I've been hearing these past several hours.

Two things like that come to mind at hype speculation levels. The lack of audio made me think of the 5 senses, and the other thing was small village to big town as mentioned before.

Isn't time frozen? The moving billboards and all the people are still.

Is that the anime that's made by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop I keep hearing about? 0_0

I can't find it on Cruncyroll. :(

Indeed, so it's got the seal of approval right there. I believe you'll have to find other... METHODS to watch it, so to speak lol.

Truly a shame that there was no episode this week. It's one of the shows I look forward to the most every week.

Soulhouf

I loved P3&4 but man, Atlus really went too far with palette swap in these 2 games.
For someone who like dungeon crawling it's really annoying to fight the same enemy over and over again.

Please Atlus, fix that in P5. Thanks.

I loved P3&4 but man, Atlus really went too far with palette swap in these 2 games.
For someone who like dungeon crawling it's really ammoying to fight the same enemy over and over again.

Please Atlus, fix that in P5. Thanks.

I like to believe they'll do that but that means creating tons of assets so...=/

FluxWaveZ

I like to believe they'll do that but that means creating tons of assets so...=/

Game will have been in development for 5-6 years when it launches, so it's not like they're going to half-ass it in terms of assets. They can't really recycle much this time like from P3 to P4, heh.

Kind of a crazy time for my account to be activated but hey! I've lurked for a bit so it feels good to finally be able to join in the discussion especially now that things are starting to pick up.

Nachos

Is that the anime that's made by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop I keep hearing about? 0_0

I can't find it on Cruncyroll. :(

Pretty sure Funimation picked up the rights to it, so it's probably on their steaming site. I still haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so I'm not sure.

Game will have been in development for 5-6 years when it launches, so it's not like they're going to half-ass it in terms of assets. They can't really recycle much this time like from P3 to P4, heh.

I thought development only really started in earnest after they shipped Catherine?

Levito

Banned
Two things like that come to mind at hype speculation levels. The lack of audio made me think of the 5 senses, and the other thing was small village to big town as mentioned before.

That's actually a really interesting point.

Isn't time frozen? The moving billboards and all the people are still.

Oh it is, it's just interesting consider the dark hour and the TV world were very removed from reality, why here his Persona is summoned with people around.

You'll never know lol, most assets from those probably has some uncompressed version for HD ;D, but yeah I hope they have made tons of stuff, just don't get your hopes too high.

Tiu Neo

That's actually a really interesting point.

Oh it is, it's just interesting consider the dark hour and the TV world were very removed from reality, why here his Persona is summoned with people around.

It's all on the MC's mind. He broke his chains... with reality.

Probably not, but it would be funny.

FluxWaveZ

I thought development only really started in earnest after they shipped Catherine?

The start of preliminary development was confirmed on March 24, 2010, meaning it probably started some time in Q4 2009. On August 31, 2011, preliminary development was said to be nearly complete, and then it was said the actual dev. process would begin from there, so probably in late Q3 2011. If that's what you mean by development in earnest, then they started active development several months after shipping Catherine, however, they had completed work on their internal engine by August 31, 2011, so if that's when earnest development for the game started, it would probably be near the same time preliminary development started.

I'm not expecting both versions to look TOO different from one another. I'd say upper res, and better framerate (30 locked or 60) are a given on the PS4, as well as better loadings (if any) between sections. Would also be pretty cool to see a lot of population on the streets, just like in the trailer! The PS4 would definitely be able to pull it off, but it's up to them and their vision really whether they implement that or not.

I wasn't the only one who thought of The World Ends With You was I?

I too want to see what graphics style they'll go for. Hashino did say a while back that they were going for more realistic character models as opposed to the kinda sorta chibi look of P3 and P4 models. Does that mean that portraits are gonna be done away with?

I think it will probably look like Catherine.

By the time the game is out I'm sure that there will be some kind of name that everyone will be calling him. Or maybe the devs will just pull a SMTIV and give him a preset name like Flynn's. I'm not too original with names (proof of that being my previous post), my name wouldn't work since they never put accents in, and it's waaay too Portuguese. So I will roll with either the preset, or whatever is deemed as "canon" (like Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuki for P3 and Souji Seta/Yu Narukami for P4)

Top Bottom