• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

DISGRACE.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

Dantis

It's like they took Catherine 2 along with Break Record and threw them in to Persona 5.

I don't really think he looks like the DeSu 2 protagonist at all besides his disheveled black hair. The actual style is pretty different. Glass-kun's is a lot shorter and more styled, whereas DeSu man's is just messy. Completely different bangs too.

Zareka

I don't really think he looks like the DeSu 2 protagonist at all besides his disheveled black hair. The actual style is pretty different. Glass-kun's is a lot shorter and more styled, whereas DeSu man's is just messy. Completely different bangs too.

I meant more the focus on phones and a big city setting. Vincent's son + DeSu2 type setting + Persona wielding high school kids.

I should note that I haven't actually played much of DeSu2 past a few hours so I could be off base.
And TWEWY 2 too.
I really need to hunt down TWEWY. I dig that style so hard.

arue

Super cool.

As an aside, Soejima really likes to frame his character's faces with those bangs. Loads of his characters have them or something very similar.
Like Aigis, Naoto, and now P5MC.

I think the only bangs Soejima does are no bangs, straight bangs, left/right swipe, or divide it into three sections (the one you're talking about).

FluxWaveZ

Definitely more of a combination of The World Ends With You + Persona so far. Insert Ace Attorney somehow and it'll be the greatest game ever made.

hao chi

I'm chiming in late, but if P5 has social commentary on everybody being tied to their phone and other similar themes like speculated, that would be pretty interesting to me. Thankfully I'm not really all that hyped yet, which I'm happy about because I already spent over a year obsessing over Ultimax. It's nice not to be stupidly hyped for a game for a change.

"You have 24 hours to join a sports club. Fail, and face erasure"-Igor.

I'd be okay with this.

I disliked everything about it except for the (admittedly excellent) music.

Don't you kinda hate everything though? You're like PGAF's Yosuke. :p

Andrefpvs

Sucks that some of you didn't enjoy TWEWY. It's one of my favourite games.

Admittedly, playing it in a dark, silent room while "Calling" played in the background added a lot to the experience.

hao chi

Heh it was my first day too and it was boring as hell.

Emancipation is when Persona 5 comes out of course.

I might have to hold off on P5 depending on when it comes out. If a game's story really interests me, I have trouble keeping myself from playing until I'm finished, and that could be pretty terrible in the middle of the semester.

Gbraga

I'm honestly expecting to take something out of Persona 5 to my life, the themes they're approaching with this game resonate with me more than ever. P4 also did that to some level.

Yes, I want emancipation.

I'm gonna have a loaded next few months.
October, the PSTV comes out, and with it P4G.
I'm trying to get a capture card for my 3DS, so I'll be doing either SMT4, Fire Emblem or PQ by the end of the year.
DAI comes out in November, god willing it turns out good, that's 100 hours committed to that.
Also might have to redo ME2 for a video.
Maybe do Ultimax, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 over weekends.

All that with me returning to University and (hopefully) work.

Honestly, I'm glad P5 is pushed back to 2015. Gives me some breathing room.

All of you college kids, don't wish for emancipation from school. This is my 2nd school year since I graduated from college and I miss it so badly. I have a pretty good job somewhat in my field but I wish almost every day I was back in school living the dream.
Pal, that's just nostalgia. Stamp it out.

All of you college kids, don't wish for emancipation from school. This is my 2nd school year since I graduated from college and I miss it so badly. I have a pretty good job somewhat in my field but I wish almost every day I was back in school living the dream.

Kazzy

My school life was fun, but I don't wish to relive those days. I miss the feeling of having all those possibilities in front of you, though.

Being closer to the Japanese education system now (and knowing its quirks and faults), I would have liked to experience that. It's pretty far removed from what I knew in England.

Lunar15

Completely quick, throwaway speculation here:

What if the guy we saw isn't the main protagonist, but one of five main protagonists?

The fact that the farthest to the right chair had it's chain broken first is weird: You'd think that the main character would be in the middle of a shot.

Do I know what having 5 main protagonists even means? Not really, it could signify a choice between characters or perhaps a way that you could play where you switch between the five at different parts. Either way, Hashino never mentioned that this trailer showcased the main character, he merely pointed out that it was showing off the setting of the game, which I think is odd. Why point out the scenery when the main focus is the character? He also pointed out that there was more to the picture of the five chairs than just the chains, so I think the number of chairs might be significant.

This is like, super-duper grasping at straws, but something about the whole setup of that trailer is weird to me.

Kazzy

Completely quick, throwaway speculation here:

What if the guy we saw isn't the main protagonist, but one of five main protagonists?.

I jokingly mentioned it in the announcement thread (and the fact that there is a precedent with Yakuza 4), but that looking hand of SEGA...

Sophia

The idea of multiple protagonists is an interesting concept. Especially after seeing them do something similar with Persona Q/Persona 3 Portable and it's dual protagonists.

The idea of multiple protagonists is an interesting one, especially if one considers the possibility of silent protagonists. Are these two ideas mutually exclusive, or could they both be in the game? If P5 tried to keep the silent protagonist as a player surrogate, would it be one of the five protagonists, with the other four serving as established characters that the player controls? Or would you have five silent protagonists, each with a different section of the city to explore and interact with, forcing the player to switch between them to experience the full story? Could the protagonists social link with each other? A lot of interesting questions there.

Lunar15

The idea of multiple protagonists is an interesting concept. Especially after seeing them do something similar with Persona Q/Persona 3 Portable and it's dual protagonists.

To be entirely fair, Hashino did mention that the experience players would have in P5 would be very comfortable and familiar for those that played P3 and P4, which implies that they won't be throwing too many kinks into the system.

That being said, there's just something about that trailer that implies that this guy isn't all there is. Also, that image on the screen with the five people in dressy clothing just screams multiple protagonists, especially if you take the mental leap and classify the guy on the far right as the guy in the trailer, and the other people are just as prominently showcased as him.

Top Bottom