• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

BTW, here are some songs that are found in P4AU's files that, at least I think, are not selectable in game to fight with, incoming dlc prolly:

The Genesis, the arrange versions of some of the p4a1 character themes, True Story, Shadow World, Never More, Kimi no Kioku, Heaven, Soul Phase, Tanaka's Theme, The Darkness, Burn My Dread -Opening-, Sun, Deep Mentality, Wiping All Out, Want to Be Close, Time to Make History, A New World Fool, Pursuing my True Self, Fuuka's remix of the Persona 1 Theme, Light up The Fire in The Night -P3 Ver.-, Light up The Fire in The Night -P4 Ver.-, and Maze of Life, among others. There may be some I missed.

grimmiq

Currently working my way to getting platinum on P4G (Damn you Hardcore Risette fan!), I tried Persona 3 months ago but started getting annoyed most of the characters (MC included) and stupid AI then meeting Ken was the straw that broke the camel's back..After I finish P4G I'm thinking of trying again, which is the better version to play? FES or Portable?

Kinda leaning towards Portable since I can play it on my Vita when I have downtime.

Mdesilva

Currently working my way to getting platinum on P4G (Damn you Hardcore Risette fan!), I tried Persona 3 months ago but started getting annoyed most of the characters (MC included) and stupid AI then meeting Ken was the straw that broke the camel's back..After I finish P4G I'm thinking of trying again, which is the better version to play? FES or Portable?

Kinda leaning towards Portable since I can play it on my Vita when I have downtime.
P3P since you're annoyed by the AI of the teammates and you'll be able to play it more.

Completely quick, throwaway speculation here:

What if the guy we saw isn't the main protagonist, but one of five main protagonists?

The fact that the farthest to the right chair had it's chain broken first is weird: You'd think that the main character would be in the middle of a shot.

Do I know what having 5 main protagonists even means?

The other protagonists are Naoya, Tatsuya, Makoto and Yu. xD

Meia

To be entirely fair, Hashino did mention that the experience players would have in P5 would be very comfortable and familiar for those that played P3 and P4, which implies that they won't be throwing too many kinks into the system.

That being said, there's just something about that trailer that implies that this guy isn't all there is. Also, that image on the screen with the five people in dressy clothing just screams multiple protagonists, especially if you take the mental leap and classify the guy on the far right as the guy in the trailer, and the other people are just as prominently showcased as him.

Well, was there anything in this trailer that leads us to believe that this guy is THE MC of Persona 5 in the first place? What if he was just another party member itself? I mean, if we're going to make the leap of "everyone's a MC!", then how about no one is, or at least the one in the trailer isn't? :p

To be honest, bugs me the fact that they chose to break the chain of a chair in the far right.. that's not a spot to put the MC. But maybe I'm overthinking this.

To be honest, bugs me the fact that they chose to break the chain of a chair in the far right.. that's not a spot to put the MC. But maybe I'm overthinking this.

is the guy shown in trailer isnt p5protag, then who is he? why is he silent? why does he have that neutral pretty tall young adult look? why was he first shown?

That being said, there's just something about that trailer that implies that this guy isn't all there is. Also, that image on the screen with the five people in dressy clothing just screams multiple protagonists, especially if you take the mental leap and classify the guy on the far right as the guy in the trailer, and the other people are just as prominently showcased as him.
Honestly, I'd be upset if we actually got to choose protagonists and all of them are guys fit to be an advertisement model.

is the guy shown in trailer isnt p5protag, then who is he? why is he silent? why does he have that neutral pretty tall young adult look? why was he first shown?
I don't really believe that he's not the main protagonist, but he's silent probably because he's alone.

We all know that the middle chair is reserved for Sho.

Meia

The trailer had no spoken lines of dialogue at all, so how do you know he's a silent character in the first place? :p

Hikami

Hey guys, first post in this thread.. I think

Man.. this Persona 5 hype may actually get me to finish Persona 3 for once, I'm like 40 hours in but I've been trying to finish it for months.

Sucks how everyone just spoils the ending everywhere though, will I still be surprised or something by the ending?
All I really know is
about Minato becoming door-kun and something about Nyx..

For what it's worth, that billboard with the five guys on it doesn't imply that they're playable characters. It looks to me like it's just an ad for a boy band or some male models.

As for the chain breaking, those chains don't necessarily represent characters at all. We'll have to see what causes the next chain to break.

They tell you "No fusions on sundays" but that's when Fusion Accidents are more likely

At Shujin High School, you get 50 points for your class in the annual Class Cup if you manage to score with the hottest girl.

Hey guys, first post in this thread.. I think

Man.. this Persona 5 hype may actually get me to finish Persona 3 for once, I'm like 40 hours in but I've been trying to finish it for months.

Sucks how everyone just spoils the ending everywhere though, will I still be surprised or something by the ending?
All I really know is
about Minato becoming door-kun and something about Nyx..

I think the way it ends it's worth your time.
The final battle is amazing.. it's something you'll never forget if you learned the game's true purpose. It makes you think about life.
Also, I'll suggest to keep playing just to see the end of the Social Links. And don't forget to speak with everyone in your last day. And welcome, dude! :)

BTW, welcome every new junior member! I forgot some guys joining us during this week. I'm kinda busy lately so I can't read every post like I used to do. :(

arue

Just because the broken chain starts from the far right, that doesn't mean that's where the character is sitting. It's probably just an indication of how many characters (or even trailers) are left.

If you're wondering why they start the broken chain from the right, I think it's because the right side is usually the starting side, like in their writing system.

Just because the broken chain starts from the far right, that doesn't mean that's where the character is sitting. It's probably just an indication of how many characters (or even trailers) are left.

If you're wondering why they start the broken chain from the right, I think it's because the right side is usually the starting side, like in their writing system.

Yeah, I also thought about that. Let's wait and see. It will be really exciting if they reveal a new character in every new teaser from now.

The trailer had no spoken lines of dialogue at all, so how do you know he's a silent character in the first place? :p

So what happens if the next trailer shows a different character, has voiced dialogue, and doing things

this trailer doesnt have dialogue, character isnt doing anything really, i mean if this was a chara trailer for some main chara other than the protag, then shouldnt it show something related to that character's interests or personality - maybe just a bit?

I am now on board for #Team5Protagonists or #TeamMultipleProtagonists.
image.php

FluxWaveZ

BTW, here are some songs that are found in P4AU's files that, at least I think, are not selectable in game to fight with, incoming dlc prolly:

The Genesis, the arrange versions of some of the p4a1 character themes, True Story, Shadow World, Never More, Kimi no Kioku, Heaven, Soul Phase, Tanaka's Theme, The Darkness, Burn My Dread -Opening-, Sun, Deep Mentality, Wiping All Out, Want to Be Close, Time to Make History, A New World Fool, Pursuing my True Self, Fuuka's remix of the Persona 1 Theme, Light up The Fire in The Night -P3 Ver.-, Light up The Fire in The Night -P4 Ver.-, and Maze of Life, among others. There may be some I missed.

Many of these are part of the PNP DLC, fyi. I like choosing True Story against opponents because it's the most appropriate battle music.

Well in P4U2 hacking it shows that there will be P4D music, and P4GA Music, and P3M Music 8 tracks for that one. Basically enables all the stuff to be usable in the game. But you just hear bell chiming for the ones with placeholders. I'm not sure exactly what other songs on there is DLC, but there is a lot of tracks on there from what I looked through of my copy.

Lunar15

Well, was there anything in this trailer that leads us to believe that this guy is THE MC of Persona 5 in the first place? What if he was just another party member itself? I mean, if we're going to make the leap of "everyone's a MC!", then how about no one is, or at least the one in the trailer isn't? :p

I definitely considered this as well. It'd be weird to show someone other than a playable character first, but who knows!

Prediction: the guy in the trailer is the sole protagonist, because seriously, you'd have to be drinking some seriously crazy stuff to pull the other possibilities out of that trailer.

Wiping All Out is DLC? Damn it ;_;

I hope we get some info about the music DLC for the US version soon.

The DLC that came with the Premium Newcomer Package. All of the additional 12 BGMs that come with it are outlined on this page.

Also, A New World Fool comes with the Famitsu DX pack. The Tanaka theme will come as its own DLC soon (announced today).

Wait, I thought A New World Fool was included with other DLC pack.

I'm not sure what you mean. It was announced on June 2nd that the Famitsu DX Pack for P4AU would include A New World Fool, though it's going to be purchasable separately at a later date.

Oh, then it's only included with Redacted on the US version? Or am I imagining things because of my lack of sleep?

Hikami

Prediction: the guy in the trailer is the sole protagonist, because seriously, you'd have to be drinking some seriously crazy stuff to pull the other possibilities out of that trailer.

Hard to tell really, I'm waiting to see what they show in the next trailer.. they've hardly shown anything but its better than being info-less for like 10 months since the announcement

I'm hoping he's the protagonist though.

Only thing that makes me think he's the protagonist is that he started off on a train, much like P3 and P4's protagonists.

Squire

Banned
A few times today (in between tweeting Harry Potter jokes), I actually thought to myself, "They actually revealed Persona 5. Wow."

Truly, this is fandom.

I don't see how multiple protagonists can work in a game like Persona, unless they are like different looking characters you can play through the main game as.

Squire

Banned
Man... Should I still play Catherine, guys? I think I know the twist.
Catherine is a demon/succubus,
right?

Is there more to it/still worth going through?

Can I just watch it on YT?

Top Bottom