• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Lunar15

So I was thinking about what content I'm actually going to look at for P5. I think I'm going to watch any trailers they release, but avoid gameplay videos. I'm also going to try and stay away from event related scenes. I want to go in fairly fresh.

This is my general rule of thumb. Released trailers but no additional gameplay videos.

I bring you the P5 cast:

10410703_791663290867771_2721136082613357148_n.jpg

Nimby

Banned
@ Miguel and PK

Everyone on the Investigation Team is close friends, even though they don't show everyone's interactions without Yu being in the picture. Wouldn't a whole group of people jumping inside a TV, and that being such a paranormal occurrence, constitute for everyone bonding with each other and getting close? That's just how I see it.

So I was thinking about what content I'm actually going to look at for P5. I think I'm going to watch any trailers they release, but avoid gameplay videos. I'm also going to try and stay away from event related scenes. I want to go in fairly fresh.

For the most part this is me. I don't even want to know the rest of the cast.

arue

I bring you the P5 cast:
Lol

At this rate, the amount of Harry Potter jokes in P5 discussions will be as much as Hiimdaisy references in P4 discussions (outside of this forum.)

Regarding P5 news, I'm okay if I see the first four party members like the original four in P4. I just want a simple description of them and I don't want to see their inner conflict or anything. I'll also watch the rest of the trailers and even the opening movie of the game.

Lunar15

Perfect. Thanks!

Big city is going to be interesting. I wonder how they'll utilize it since they totally nailed the small town feeling with P4 and a lot of the game's map was designed around forcing the familiarity and nostalgia of a small, rural town.

The Persona team puts a lot of meaning behind their choices. I feel like one of the most important aspects of the short clip we saw was the sheer amount of people in every scene. From the crowded train to the crowded crosswalks, the idea of isolation (Phones, Screens, Diversions) in the midst of a dense population seems like a pretty core theme, especially when you consider the whole "prison" angle they're going for.

Perfect. Thanks!

Big city is going to be interesting. I wonder how they'll utilize it since they totally nailed the small town feeling with P4 and a lot of the game's map was designed around forcing the familiarity and nostalgia of a small, rural town.

A big city is certainly an interesting setting especially after P4 and I'm really interested in seeing how they will present a big city, I don't expect them to give us an entire city to explore but I do look forward to seeing how they segment a big city without it feeling too disconnected.

Perfect. Thanks!

The Persona team puts a lot of meaning behind their choices. I feel like one of the most important aspects of the short clip we saw was the sheer amount of people in every scene. From the crowded train to the crowded crosswalks, the idea of isolation (Phones, Screens, Diversions) in the midst of a dense population seems like a pretty core theme, especially when you consider the whole "prison" angle they're going for.

I doubt it would be that crowded in game, but if can manage to pull of the same population density as Kamurocho from the Yakuza series I think it can still get that idea across.

Tamanon

Banned

I think I'm only going to watch Atlus(and Famitsu/Dengeki) released stuff. They're pretty good about avoiding spoilers for the game itself.

PK Gaming

I think we should set a hard rule regarding Persona 5 spoilers

Absolutely no Persona 5 spoilers. No posting screens of things that haven't been officially shown (even if they don't technically constitute as "spoilers")

Even spoiler text shouldn't be permitted (someone can always make a Persona 5 spoiler thread)

Yay? Nay?

LX_Theo

Banned
The P5 protag really does look alot older than Makoto and Yu. It's almost as if hes in college. :p
Joking?

Absolutely no Persona 5 spoilers. No posting screens of things that haven't been officially shown (even if they don't technically constitute as "spoilers")

Even spoiler text shouldn't be permitted (someone can always make a Persona 5 spoiler thread)

Yay? Nay?
Seconded. I'd imagine avatar spoilers will be rampant, though.

FluxWaveZ

Well, of course we wouldn't be posting Persona 5 spoilers, just like the thread title here implies. But most of what you're saying doesn't really have to be thought about for a real long time, depending on when the game actually comes out.

Dantis

Yay? Nay?

4. . No embedding Persona 5 images beyond things like the main character designs. No dungeon shots, no event shots, nothing like that.

I mean, this is what we've had for the last two OTs.

Basically, we want people to be able to go in completely dark and not have to leave the thread in order to do so, right?

arue

P5MC looks like Yu with Vincent's hair before he came to Inaba.

I also agree on making a separate P5 spoiler thread.

Sophia

Yay? Nay?

These rules already exist and have existed for two community threads already.

yuuki

A big city is certainly an interesting setting especially after P4 and I'm really interested in seeing how they will present a big city, I don't expect them to give us an entire city to explore but I do look forward to seeing how they segment a big city without it feeling too disconnected.

something like akiba Strip would be nice, i think they nailed it failry good

Lunar15

Sho puns, on the other hand, never get old.

I'd suggest "Livin' in the City", which works because Sega owns Atlus now and because the Sonic R soundtrack is the greatest sountrack ever created, but I think that joke would be lost on 90% of the people here.

Who else here has played Persona PSP? I'm at Mana Castle in the SEBEC route right now. It's intriguing. The gameplay is really grindy and I really enjoy the soundtrack. I've been spoiled on the ending but I enjoy the way the story is unfolding right now. I'll probably do the Snow Queen Quest once I finish.

I'm playing P1 and Eternal Punishment simultaneously right now. I recently finished Innocent Sin and absolutely loved it. The constant battles got old but I loved the characters and story.

Lunar15

I actually think he looks younger than Yu, but going by the 2 on his lapel, he's definitely in the same grade, if not exactly the same age.

But yeah, I'm dying for the official Soejima art. His official character renders for the P4 cast are still some of my favorite pieces from him. The shading on them still blows me away.

Gbraga

Yay? Nay?

Unfortunately, I think Persona is just too damn popular to avoid spoilers completely. I'd like to go on blackout and don't even know my party members, but avatars and gifs being used everywhere won't let me :p

Top Bottom