• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

DNAbro

The Persona hype made me preorder Persona Q. I was thinking of getting Ultimax but then I realized Smash comes out a few days later and that takes priority.

PK Gaming

tumblr_nbbjfy2xSd1qh9y1co1_r3_500.png

tumblr_inline_nbbje2gMmk1qg96yb.png

guys not in front of the newbie

Swedesu

So I was wondering.

I saw some pictures of other avatars to use in the lobbies in Ultimax aside from the ones available from the start, like Zen and Rei among others. Does anyone here know if they are unlockable or something?

Also is there anything else to spend your P$ on other than those little pics you stick on your P-card? Haven't unlocked any new announcers yet so that might be something maybe?

Hugstable

Banned
Well it will probably release close to Wii U Smash(which I'm also buying) and I'm skipping out on Pokemon to get PQ.

Yeah same, so many games are coming around that time that some are sadly not gonna get picked up this year. Persona Q is something I've been sold on since it's announcement and probably one of my more anticipated games this year along with Danganronpa 2 and Bayo2/Smash. I'm a huge fan of Strange Journey and love the Etrian Odyssey games, so I have a good feeling that Persona Q is gonna be amazing for me. Can't wait for it to release and finally start exploring!

Well it will probably release close to Wii U Smash(which I'm also buying) and I'm skipping out on Pokemon to get PQ.
Ah gotcha you were refering to Smash 3D. Uggh, I can't believe. Those four games (both Smashed and the Persona games) come out sooo near each other. ;_;
But I guess I will get the Persona games first because they are heavy story oriented and I doubt I could remain un-spoiled until Christmas.
Yeah same, so many games are coming around that time that some are sadly not gonna get picked up this year. Persona Q is something I've been sold on since it's announcement and probably one of my more anticipated games this year along with Danganronpa 2 and Bayo2/Smash. I'm a huge fan of Strange Journey and love the Etrian Odyssey games, so I have a good feeling that Persona Q is gonna be amazing for me. Can't wait for it to release and finally start exploring!
Glad to see someone else excited for PQ!

So I was wondering.

I saw some pictures of other avatars to use in the lobbies in Ultimax aside from the ones available from the start, like Zen and Rei among others. Does anyone here know if they are unlockable or something?

Also is there anything else to spend your P$ on other than those little pics you stick on your P-card? Haven't unlocked any new announcers yet so that might be something maybe?

I think Famitsu (or some other magazine) had an exclusive avatar code It was Dengeki Play apparently, with an Aigis avatar, I can only assume that there are others too.

Sophia

What about without 2 5's

I didn't edit the image, and I don't have the skills to remove the smaller 5 or else I'd try it.

It struck me odd as well. I like this revision, but I think it should be taken a step further:

Bottom 5 feels redundant.

Oh damn. Well done! It really does look nice now.

Yes, but since the P's tail is right next to the P in Persona I dunno it doesn't look good. It's not a big deal, though. It's just a logo screen and I'll live.

Things like this are most likely to change during development tho. So expressing our feedback is good. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they showed it off so early.

Dantis

I thought that the logo looked a lot better in the trailer when it's just white with no shadow.

I have a feeling that's how it will look a lot of the time.

I'm also pretty sure there's some logic to the design of the P and the 5 layout, though I haven't worked out what it is yet.

Sophia

What do you mean by logic?

He means Atlus has a tendency to over-think everything in the design process. Especially if Soejima is involved somehow. Because Soejima reeeeaaaallllly seems to like over-thinking stuff.

I think I might be agreeing with you that it's not quite logic tho. >_>;

I mean that there'll be some reason that it looks like that, like there was with Persona 4's slanty writing.

He means Atlus has a tendency to over-think everything in the design process. Especially if Soejima is involved somehow. Because Soejima reeeeaaaallllly seems to like over-thinking stuff.

I hope so. If it has purpose, I can hate it a little less.

Oh, my God. I'm dying, Lollipop Dave.

^^

Setsu00

I thought that the logo looked a lot better in the trailer when it's just white with no shadow.

I have a feeling that's how it will look a lot of the time.

I'm also pretty sure there's some logic to the design of the P and the 5 layout, though I haven't worked out what it is yet.

Here's my (admittedly strange) theory: The logo - especially the way the P and the 5 are placed - are meant to symbolize that you can stay true to yourself and keep your individuality while living together with others. The P and the 5 match perfectly with each other; they don't have to change their shapes to fit together. Both the P and the 5 symbolize two different outlooks on life that seem to clash at first glance: The P and the 5 are the first and the last characters in "Persona 5", respectively. The P is a letter while the 5 is number. While the perspectives differ, they manage to stay together and form a unified whole.

Here's my (admittedly strange) theory: The logo - especially the way the P and the 5 are placed - are meant to symbolize that you can stay true to yourself and keep your individuality while living together with others. The P and the 5 match perfectly with each other; they don't have to change their shapes to fit together. Both the P and the 5 symbolize two different outlooks on life that seem to clash at first glance: The P and the 5 are the first and the last characters in "Persona 5", respectively. The P is a letter while the 5 is number. While the perspectives differ, they manage to stay together and form a unified whole.

This is what happens when you spend too much time looking at a logo.

I don't see any 'non-obvious' logic. They were always going to have Persona spelt out in full, after that it's just a case of 'what style looks cool and how can we fit a 5 in'.

And my opinion on it. A 5 has that natural curve that is easily fitted to the curve of a P. The slant? That's to keep the logo in a nice and tidy rectangle so it's more uniformed and neater.

This is what happens when you spend too much time looking at a logo.

I don't see any 'non-obvious' logic. They were always going to have Persona spelt out in full, after that it's just a case of 'what style looks cool and how can we fit a 5 in'.

And my opinion on it. A 5 has that natural curve that is easily fitted to the curve of a P. The slant? That's to keep the logo in a nice and tidy rectangle so it's more uniformed and neater.

omg your avatar xD

Levito

Banned
Has the P5 logo grown on anyone else? I didn't dislike it upon reveal, but the whole "racing game"-like logo thing was definitely something I saw. Now though, it's got pizazz.

Has the P5 logo grown on anyone else? I didn't dislike it upon reveal, but the whole "racing game"-like logo thing was definitely something I saw. Now though, it's got pizazz.
It's grown on me for sure, but it's hard for me to overlook the double P's and 5's :<

(I prefer my edited version lol)

Nyoro SF

If the presentation text is all styled that way I'll be a big fan. Persona 5 maybe to have some sort of racing theme? heh.

CorvoSol

My theory is that Igor really did die after P4 and the events of Arena and Ultimax are Margaret playing a very elaborate Weekend at Bernie's scheme to keep people from noticing.

I didn't hate the logo when it was revealed but I didn't like it either, I just remember thinking it looked like something from a racing game. Now I like it primarily due to how strange it looks.

Gbraga

The hype made me finally start playing Golden. Just half an hour but I'm already quite impressed by the amount of new stuff. Most of it so far is totally unnecessary, but I appreciate the work they put into it.

Also, maybe it's just because it's my first time playing Persona 4 with headsets, but Dojima's voice sounds a bit off. Though, to be fair, I remember most of his "non dialogue sounds", so that may still feel familiar when the social linking starts. Nanako still sounds just like I recall.

I really like Marie's voice too, which is a relief since after watching the first episode of the Golden anime, I was worried I couldn't get over HanaKana :C

Also surprised by how good it looks, it's the first not native res game (it's not native, right?) on Vita that doesn't look like shit (from the ones I played, of course).

Still aching, still aching, oooh

And so do I :)

The more diversity, the better.

I just don't agree with it :p

I love your avatar. I just saw that thread, actually. While the rest of OP's argument was well-argumented, the yellow-dick-sucking part seemed oddly out of place.

Imagine... getting mudo'd in P5 and this played.

I'd probably bubble-wrap my controller as a precaution. There's a chance I would throw it at my TV if I died at the worst possible time and then that played.

Dantis

Hey, that's interesting! What was the reason for P4's?

...I actually can't find it. I felt sure that Soejima talked about it in the P4 art book, but maybe not. Maybe it was in a different interview, or maybe I just got mixed up, who knows? :S

Either way, there'll be a reason that the logo looks like that, I'm sure. And I bet you we hear about it in a year or two. Like Sophia says, Soejima overthinks everything.

As an aside, when I was re-reading the P4 art book interview just now, I was reminded how much Soejima contributed to P4. It's crazy, and I really hope he does a similar amount for P5.

Top Bottom