• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Out of curiosity- who here is planning on playing Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax seriously who didn't try hard to get good or play much of the first P4A?

Like, if you actively tried to practice in P4A for an extended period of time (consistently over several months or something), then I'm not really talking about you.

Me. I am getting a lot better with Chie and [REDACTED], and while I am probably not going to drop 100s of hours into it, I'm going to do my best to move from "button mashing" to "knowing what I should be doing but still mashes buttons out of panic."

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of Junpei, he was really indicative of one thing I liked a lot more in Persona 3 than 4.

The fact that stuff happens to the team, and it's members outside of just interacting with Minato. Junpei's jealousy and budding relationship with Chidori. Shinji and Ken having it out in multiple parts. I liked that the team actually did stuff outside the MC. Persona 4, nothing happens without Yu there. It's crazy that you don't see anything without the MC.

I know it's probably a thematic reason for the differences, but I prefer 3's method!

I guess that's true. I do sort of miss that now, actually.

I've gotten way better at BlazBlue, so by extension I should bet better at Ultimax. I'm gonna try and get even better to a point where I'll feel comfortable going to tournaments and such.

Mdesilva

I've gotten way better at BlazBlue, so by extension I should bet better at Ultimax. I'm gonna try and get even better to a point where I'll feel comfortable going to tournaments and such.
That's actually exactly the level I want to be at, more or less. My ultimate goal (for now) is to be able to be able to put up a fight in major tournament. Not necessarily to place, but to at least be able to possibly take a game on my opponent.

Though, with only being able to netplay, I'm not sure what the point/possibility of that is… :(

Lunar15

I'm getting ultimax, but I've also come to the realization that I'm never going to put in the time or muster the patience to become good at fighting games. It's just not worth it for me.

Trigger

I only need enough to get by in the story modes. I've never been a fan of participating in competitive stuff so it's pointless for me.

CorvoSol

That's true. It's kind of funny how she's surrounded by the likes of Akihiko and Theo, but she's still after Junpei.

What DOES she see in him?

Junpei cares a lot about her, though. Theo and Akihiko don't have that going in the same sense. Like, Theo is wrapped up in learning about everything in general, and Akihiko has all his issues to unload, but Junpei is the first one to devote his attention to her, I think. That and he has the best-friend appeal going for him.

Not nearly the weirdest they've been. :p

What happens at Dick Park stays at Dick Park.

uPsLUZ5.gif

'zactly.

Out of curiosity- who here is planning on playing Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax seriously who didn't try hard to get good or play much of the first P4A?

Like, if you actively tried to practice in P4A for an extended period of time (consistently over several months or something), then I'm not really talking about you.

I think I might. I'd like to at least be good enough to play a fun match or two against people. I really enjoy having a good match in fighting games, so if I can put up at least an okay challenge for some of you, that'll be fine to me.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's actually exactly the level I want to be at, more or less. My ultimate goal (for now) is to be able to be able to put up a fight in major tournament. Not necessarily to place, but to at least be able to possibly take a game on my opponent.

Though, with only being able to netplay, I'm not sure what the point/possibility of that is… :(

Even with netplay, it'll still get you somewhere. Just need to know how to use it and what you can take from it.
If you haven't read this yet, this is a recommended read
http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Great for those that want to take the next step in fighters.

If anyone wants advice or anything, I'm willing to help anyone the best I can.

Top Bottom