• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

BwnivdCCYAAXA2c.jpg:large

No, Glasses-kun!

kewlmyc

Has the P5 logo grown on anyone else? I didn't dislike it upon reveal, but the whole "racing game"-like logo thing was definitely something I saw. Now though, it's got pizazz.

Eh, I still can't get Gran Turismo out of my head when I see the logo. I'll probably fade in due time.

Didn't they only specifically state that Bryce Papenbrook was Theodore in PQ? There was some speculation then that Travis might return for Ultimax.

I've never heard of Bryce's voice other than the Asbel-esque teenage voice, maybe he has some killer range.

Maybe, though I would add that it maybe also the voice direction for the game. A voice actor is just one part of the equation, the other is the voice director among other things. Even if an voice actor has amazing range, they're only as good as the person who's directing them.

THIS is what happens when we're left with nothing but a few traits.
Was it like this when P4 was announced, or were people back then too busy inventing the train?
The Hype Train, that is!

Nachos

For those of you that played P4AU with Eng dub.

Theodore still sounds like Travis Willingham.......
Really? I thought he sounded great, but nothing at all like Travis, especially since his voice is quite a bit higher. What I think helps, though, is that it fits (which is most important) and that Theodore never had a ton of spoken lines in the first place, so there weren't as many opportunities to associate the two with each other.

Maybe, though I would add that it maybe also the voice direction for the game. A voice actor is just one part of the equation, the other is the voice director among other things. Even if an voice actor has amazing range, they're only as good as the person who's directing them.
Well, that's another thing. I don't think it's any secret that a ton of actors working in games and anime do have range, but either the voice director or the casting director specifically want them to use their natural voice or a close variant. Unfortunately, that's also how people like Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Yong Bosch, and now Bryce get accused of always using the same voice. A lot of fans don't realize that it was never their choice to make, short of not getting the job at all.

CorvoSol

Persona 3 Portable

And in the Fourth-to-Fifth Month, The Lord went about, initiating Social Links. Harem Jesus Bravo exudes a mystical aura of infinite CHARM, enabling him to begin getting to know Yukari extremely early in the game. The Lord of Harems saith unto her, "Yeah, Apathy Syndrome cases going down are definitely Our doing!" but in that day Yukari bar-Eiichiro did not yet understand the words of our Harem Lord. In the mean time, time was spent calling upon leprous, sinful, adulterous, deviant, vile, repulsive, miserable, evil sinner Kenji, who promptly rejected the teachings of our Lord. "What manner of woman seek ye to love?" he asked, hoping to ensnare the Lord with his words and categories and thereby garner support for his Pharisaic belief in dating only older women, but Harem Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, Verily, I say unto thee: I like all kinds of girls." And the sinner's mouth was shut. Afterward, The Lord went unto the elderly, and to the Gaijentile, and to that really, really creepy stalker kid who carved his name into his knee. Unto these was the GoSLinkpel of lookin' rad declared.

[Save Game]
[Title Screen](So we don't fuck up and overwrite data)
[Load Game]

Clara spent most of her time desperately trying to get Junpei to realize she wants his baseball bat, and other sports-related euphemisms to no avail. In a moment of extreme weakness she Rank 1'd with Bebe, but felt pretty dirty about the whole thing the next morning. She helped out at Maw and Paw's Used Books and Sad Memories store, and had a little heart to heart with Yukari at the coffee shop. That heart to heart went like this, I like to think:

Clara: Bitch if you touch Junpei, I swear to YHWH I will cut you.
Yukari: I guess I was being selfish when I said we were alike. I mean, both your parents are dead.
Clara: Bitch did you just bring up my dead parents I will shove this cute spoon up your nose and extract your brain Egyptian style, do you hear me?
Yukari: I'm so glad we could chat!
Clara: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Okay so maybe not. Maybe there was fixed dialogue and I just pretended those words were said. Maybe what actually happened is the two of them bonded. Or, in keeping with our terrible rom-com operation, things went down thus:

Like I have any idea how girls talk in real life or rom-coms

Clara: He just doesn't listen!
Yukari: Why would you want to hook up with Stupei anyway?
Clara: You don't know him like I do. He's really a sensitive guy.
Yukari: Who can't tell you're into him.

Trounced by Yukari's incredible wordplay, Clara left the cafe to rethink her life decisions and that's when the boss man called her up and said he wanted her to meet his secretary. Clara figured it'd probably be some wacky girl, since she'd over heard Bravo-kun mention someone like that, but low-and-behold:

God Bless Mother Nature, She's a Single Woman.

And then we went up 80 floors of Tartarus in a single night. Technically 40, but since we did it twice, it was 80. It felt like this. The operative goal for Bravo's side is to get Gurr up to level 18 to get the Growth 1 skill card so we can build up Orpheus M without having to use it. We don't have a goal for Clara's side, other than maxing the stats of Orpheus Telos and I guess getting the Victory Cry card and putting it on like, everything.

PK Gaming

CorvoSol said:
In the mean time, time was spent calling upon leprous, sinful, adulterous, deviant, vile, repulsive, miserable, evil sinner Kenji, who promptly rejected the teachings of our Lord. "What manner of woman seek ye to love?" he asked, hoping to ensnare the Lord with his words and categories and thereby garner support for his Pharisaic belief in dating only older women, but Harem Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, Verily, I say unto thee: I like all kinds of girls." And the sinner's mouth was shut. Afterward, The Lord went unto the elderly, and to the Gaijentile, and to that really, really creepy stalker kid who carved his name into his knee. Unto these was the GoSLinkpel of lookin' rad declared.

Jesus christ, I can't breathe

I mean all of this comedy gold, but this paragraph in particular had me in stitches

You should just re-write canon so we can have our JunpeixClara pair up

CorvoSol

Jesus christ, I can't breathe

I mean all of this comedy gold, but this paragraph in particular had me in stitches

You should just re-write canon so we can have our JunpeixClara pair up

I'm not gonna deny, I'm pretty proud of calling Bebe a Gaijentile. That feels stupid and clever at the same time to me.

I worry that FeMC x Junpei would lose its luster if it ever happened. That Junpei is forever beyond her reach is an undeniable part of his appeal.

PK Gaming

I'm not gonna deny, I'm pretty proud of calling Bebe a Gaijentile. That feels stupid and clever at the same time to me.

I worry that FeMC x Junpei would lose its luster if it ever happened. That Junpei is forever beyond her reach is an undeniable part of his appeal.

That's true. It's kind of funny how she's surrounded by the likes of Akihiko and Theo, but she's still after Junpei.

What DOES she see in him?

Tamanon

Banned
Speaking of Junpei, he was really indicative of one thing I liked a lot more in Persona 3 than 4.

The fact that stuff happens to the team, and it's members outside of just interacting with Minato. Junpei's jealousy and budding relationship with Chidori. Shinji and Ken having it out in multiple parts. I liked that the team actually did stuff outside the MC. Persona 4, nothing happens without Yu there. It's crazy that you don't see anything without the MC.

I know it's probably a thematic reason for the differences, but I prefer 3's method!

Mdesilva

Out of curiosity- who here is planning on playing Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax seriously who didn't try hard to get good or play much of the first P4A?

Like, if you actively tried to practice in P4A for an extended period of time (consistently over several months or something), then I'm not really talking about you.

Pirabear

Banned
Has the P5 logo grown on anyone else? I didn't dislike it upon reveal, but the whole "racing game"-like logo thing was definitely something I saw. Now though, it's got pizazz.

In the trailer it looked fine when it was just white text. When it slowly started adding the black bold and red background was when I couldn't unsee a race logo.

Top Bottom