• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

CorvoSol

Sailor Moon 6

wluFyD7.png

P4 Animation Spoilz

OH MY GOD

Look familiar, anyone?

Xenoflare

Maybe, though I would add that it maybe also the voice direction for the game. A voice actor is just one part of the equation, the other is the voice director among other things. Even if an voice actor has amazing range, they're only as good as the person who's directing them.

Yeah, I agree.

But new Marge sounds really, really awkward and fandubbish, she really sounds dry, at least her old VA sounds consistent, (also she got a lot better in the original P4A). A shame that she couldn't reprise Marge due to family reasons.

ludwig van

Neo Member
Oi, P5 protag looks cool!

Also, my physical copy (I got a digital copy too the night it was available, screw waiting ww) of P4U2 finally arrived earlier! And b/c of the site I ordered it from, it came w/ a nice bonus~ :3 (My trading card was Shadow Aigis btw)

Other side:

Naoto da bess. <3

Kazzy

Out of curiosity- who here is planning on playing Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax seriously who didn't try hard to get good or play much of the first P4A?

Like, if you actively tried to practice in P4A for an extended period of time (consistently over several months or something), then I'm not really talking about you.

I've been thinking about giving it a shot. And just to clarify - it'd be my first fighting game since Tekken 3 (I kid you not!)

I gotta give Trinity Soul some credit. It was that together with a really shitty day while I was off on vacation in my home country that started my love for the series. Not saying that it was a good show, but it was what picked my interest and made me check out the series.

Dantis

I forgot to mention, I wonder if the reason we haven't seen any P4D is because of P5's delay, so they're spreading it all out thinner than they had planned.

I forgot to mention, I wonder if the reason we haven't seen any P4D is because of P5's delay, so they're spreading it all out thinner than they had planned.

I mentioned this the day we got the new trailer but I personally think it's just a coincidence.

I still have hopes for a fall release!

Persona 3 Portable

And in the Fourth-to-Fifth Month, The Lord went about, initiating Social Links. Harem Jesus Bravo exudes a mystical aura of infinite CHARM, enabling him to begin getting to know Yukari extremely early in the game. The Lord of Harems saith unto her, "Yeah, Apathy Syndrome cases going down are definitely Our doing!" but in that day Yukari bar-Eiichiro did not yet understand the words of our Harem Lord. In the mean time, time was spent calling upon leprous, sinful, adulterous, deviant, vile, repulsive, miserable, evil sinner Kenji, who promptly rejected the teachings of our Lord. "What manner of woman seek ye to love?" he asked, hoping to ensnare the Lord with his words and categories and thereby garner support for his Pharisaic belief in dating only older women, but Harem Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, Verily, I say unto thee: I like all kinds of girls." And the sinner's mouth was shut. Afterward, The Lord went unto the elderly, and to the Gaijentile, and to that really, really creepy stalker kid who carved his name into his knee. Unto these was the GoSLinkpel of lookin' rad declared.

[Save Game]
[Title Screen](So we don't fuck up and overwrite data)
[Load Game]

Clara spent most of her time desperately trying to get Junpei to realize she wants his baseball bat, and other sports-related euphemisms to no avail. In a moment of extreme weakness she Rank 1'd with Bebe, but felt pretty dirty about the whole thing the next morning. She helped out at Maw and Paw's Used Books and Sad Memories store, and had a little heart to heart with Yukari at the coffee shop. That heart to heart went like this, I like to think:

Clara: Bitch if you touch Junpei, I swear to YHWH I will cut you.
Yukari: I guess I was being selfish when I said we were alike. I mean, both your parents are dead.
Clara: Bitch did you just bring up my dead parents I will shove this cute spoon up your nose and extract your brain Egyptian style, do you hear me?
Yukari: I'm so glad we could chat!
Clara: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Okay so maybe not. Maybe there was fixed dialogue and I just pretended those words were said. Maybe what actually happened is the two of them bonded. Or, in keeping with our terrible rom-com operation, things went down thus:

Like I have any idea how girls talk in real life or rom-coms

Clara: He just doesn't listen!
Yukari: Why would you want to hook up with Stupei anyway?
Clara: You don't know him like I do. He's really a sensitive guy.
Yukari: Who can't tell you're into him.

Trounced by Yukari's incredible wordplay, Clara left the cafe to rethink her life decisions and that's when the boss man called her up and said he wanted her to meet his secretary. Clara figured it'd probably be some wacky girl, since she'd over heard Bravo-kun mention someone like that, but low-and-behold:

God Bless Mother Nature, She's a Single Woman.

And then we went up 80 floors of Tartarus in a single night. Technically 40, but since we did it twice, it was 80. It felt like this. The operative goal for Bravo's side is to get Gurr up to level 18 to get the Growth 1 skill card so we can build up Orpheus M without having to use it. We don't have a goal for Clara's side, other than maxing the stats of Orpheus Telos and I guess getting the Victory Cry card and putting it on like, everything.

Sorry for the long quote but this the best post I've ever seen.

Sophia

I like the consistency in style he has, actually. It reminds me of how there are little touches that make Dantis's art easily recognizable.

Lunar15

We still haven't actually seen Soejima's own rendition of the guy. Usually his are a bit more distinct than the anime cutscene versions.

PK Gaming

???

Quite a stretch but most likely a homage if anything.

Personally I think it's coincidence. A pile of TV's with someone's face on the screen isn't exactly an uncommon concept.

If I'm missing a joke here, please slap

I'm just poking fun at myself for constantly saying "Persona is inspired by JoJo."

CorvoSol

???

Quite a stretch but most likely a homage if anything.

Personally I think it's coincidence. A pile of TV's with someone's face on the screen isn't exactly an uncommon concept.

If I'm missing a joke here, please slap

Nah it's just two really similar shots is all. A funny coincidence, more than anything.

Sophia

We still haven't actually seen Soejima's own rendition of the guy. Usually his are a bit more distinct than the anime cutscene versions.

Uuugh. You've just reminded me that now that they've shown something, the wait is going to be unbearable for new news.

Tamanon

Banned
I still have my script running every 20 minutes or so to pick up any changes to the P5 website.

They're on the ball and didn't change it until right after the reveal at the Sony show.

hao chi

That's actually exactly the level I want to be at, more or less. My ultimate goal (for now) is to be able to be able to put up a fight in major tournament. Not necessarily to place, but to at least be able to possibly take a game on my opponent.

Though, with only being able to netplay, I'm not sure what the point/possibility of that is… :(

You can still learn a lot from net play, especially now that you're no longer the laggiest dude on the planet.

I am unbelievably garbage at P4A (and fighters in general) but I'm definitely gonna pick up P4AU and maybe honestly starting trying to get alright at it.

Everyone starts out that way. I wish I could upload a match I saved last summer when I first started getting into fighting games. Needless to say, it's quite painful for me to watch today.

I'm still not an expert level Persona player, but I'm quite a bit better than I thought I would be at this point in time.

QuadOpto

With me, I love fighting games, but I'm only really somewhat good with 3D ones. As in, games like Tekken. 2D fighters like Street Fighter, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, MvC3 and P4A, while I love to try, I get my ass easily kicked the second I try to do a quarter circle.

Doesn't mean I won't buy Ultimax and get my butt endlessly murdered when I actually attempt netplay.:p

I feel like I might be the only one who's barely going to touch the online component of P4AU. As much as I'd love to, I just don't have it in me to actually play without mashing buttons. I'd rather spare everyone from playing against me LOL. I'm all in for the story, I wanna see how they send these characters off... And yeah, they better actually do it LOL.

Love P3 and P4, but let's start fresh again with P5. PQ and P4D are already going to fill that void with the characters from the previous games.

Village

Love P3 and P4, but let's start fresh again with P5. PQ and P4D are already going to fill that void with the characters from the previous games.

Dont worry when persona 5 ultra tombstone piledriver comes out you can see older yu and friends.
and his relationship with naoto because best girl

Most of my interest in P4AU comes from wanting to try the characters out in training mode, arcade, or Golden Arena. More than story and online, I just enjoy seeing how ASW took memorable Persona characters and turned them into fighters. I suck at fighting games and have no desire to go online, but I have a blast just seeing how the different characters play and how their play style captures their personality and mannerisms.

Nimby

Banned
Dont worry when persona 5 ultra tombstone piledriver comes out you can see older yu and friends.
and his relationship with naoto because best girl

Hopefully then it will be called Persona Arena, with everyone returning + P5 characters (and some P3 and P2 characters).

CorvoSol

By the time an Arena sequel to P5 rolled around the P2 cast would all be like, in their late 40s. Baofu'd be older than that. Hopefully by then they'd have families and such.

Unless Aku, the evil shapeshifting master of evil tore open a portal in time and threw the foolish samurai Persona users into the future or something.

Setsu00

I wonder if a hypothetical Arena 3 would be a fresh start as well and ditch most of the characters from the P-1 Grandprix arc.

CorvoSol

I wonder if a hypothetical Arena 3 would be a fresh start as well and ditch most of the characters from the P-1 Grandprix arc.

I hope that any future Arena games abandon the need for a canon storyline and just go bananas and give me characters that a canon storyline couldn't.

I want to main The Fuhrer.

Top Bottom