• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Atlus released SMT if and SMT II on iOS for $13.99 each. The problem is they aren't translated yet lol. What is the point of releasing them on the US store if they aren't going to translate them?

Anyone have an idea which version of SMT if this port is based on?

It's based off the Playstation port, as there is no GBA port of If... unlike 1 and 2.

Notice during the Persona 5 trailer: when it reaches the point where there are the most people in a single location—outside in the city—and near the point where the game's title and release information are indicated, there is a recurring motif of the globe:

This is one of the hidden messages within the trailer the hosts will be analyzing, indicating that the game will launch worldwide simultaneously.

The shadows are being controlled by ALIENS

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Lets not confuse the junior members please. XD

Atlusprime is the PR manager for Atlus USA. The hashtag is a running joke
or is it?
of sorts. And no he's not here to mislead us. Outside of his job as PR manager, he's a regular member the same as the rest of us.

Plus, it's all relative. I think the last time #hardinlied was used is when I said Ibuki was bottom tier and Chiaki is best girl.

I don't intentionally mislead unless it's VERY clear that I'm doing so. I try to give out all the information I can that's available to me, 95% of which is about North America.

As a general rule, I don't know much about what Japan has up its sleeves, because they play everything very close to the vest.

I like to speculate on stuff as much as other people in p-GAF, but I can't do too much without some internet sites reporting I've confirmed this or that, etc. Such is life. :(

I am also wicked jealous of the mad art skills on display in the thread.

Neonsands

Neo Member
EDIT: Since I guess it doesn't link properly and I'm probably doing something wrong.

Some website published information about Persona 5 giving more specific release information and information that there would be a playable demo at TGS. None of this is actually confirmed, right? Or should I be freaking out?

EDIT: Since I guess it doesn't link properly and I'm probably doing something wrong.

Some website published information about Persona 5 giving more specific release information and information that there would be a playable demo at TGS. None of this is actually confirmed, right? Or should I be freaking out?

None of that has been confirmed, no. All we know for sure about P5 is that the hosts of the Persona Stalker Club will be dissecting a trailer (new or old, it's not clear yet). Source and details here:
MysticDistance said:
P4D and Persona 5 confirmed for TGS 2014!

Link

Apparently the hosts of PSC will dissect the trailer and show something "hidden" in it at the SEGA TGS conference on the 20th. No idea if completely new trailer or not.

pan-hime

According to Persona PR, they're disecting the SCE conference trailer.
20日(土)14:30〜15:30 『アトラス新作情報ステージ』  MCイソッチサンと梶田サンが、9/1のSCEカンファレンスで公開された「P5」ティザー映像を勝手に大検証するクマ!

Nyoro SF

Plus, it's all relative. I think the last time #hardinlied was used is when I said Ibuki was bottom tier and Chiaki is best girl.

I don't intentionally mislead unless it's VERY clear that I'm doing so. I try to give out all the information I can that's available to me, 95% of which is about North America.

As a general rule, I don't know much about what Japan has up its sleeves, because they play everything very close to the vest.

I like to speculate on stuff as much as other people in p-GAF, but I can't do too much without some internet sites reporting I've confirmed this or that, etc. Such is life. :(

I find this very surprising.

At least someone at Atlus NA has to be in sync with the Japanese branch. They don't just drop things on you out of nowhere, right?

FluxWaveZ

I find this very surprising.

At least someone at Atlus NA has to be in sync with the Japanese branch. They don't just drop things on you out of nowhere, right?

Maybe someone like Yu Namba, the project lead, but I'd assume info like that is on a need to know basis, with someone like a PR manager possibly not needing to know that kind of info if it's not immediately relevant to the North American audience.

It shouldn't be too surprising for one who's been following the information closely, since the dissemination of news between Atlus Japan and, subsequently, the same news by Atlus USA makes it somewhat apparent. Stuff like "Will Persona 5 be released for the PS4 in North America?" Logically, the answer should be yes—and it most likely will be yes—but it's not an answer we'll get from Atlus USA until some point in the future.

According to Persona PR, they're disecting the SCE conference trailer.

Yes. That is correct. The trailer from 9/1 (SCEJA Press Conference 2014 trailer) will be shown at the SEGA TGS ATLUS conference. The trailer shown on 9/1 was also shown at the PlayStation TGS booth a few minutes ago. PSC will be dissecting the 9/1 SCEJA trailer during the upcoming conference.

Also. The official Persona Twitter account posted a photo of the Persona 5 9/1 trailer being shown at the PlayStation TGS booth.

Bxy-9alCIAAwvCM.jpg

FluxWaveZ

It's a long shot, but I hope "dissecting" means "excuse to reveal information we know is true." Might as well dream, right?

Well, the promo messages for the event state that there is hidden information in that teaser that will be specifically focused on, so I don't think it'll just be those two hosts randomly speculating on what various things in the trailer might mean. There'll be some kind of revelation, though I hope not too much of the stage show time is wasted with the two just joking around about stuff in that teaser. Or maybe I do, I dunno.

MSMrRound

Was it that kdrama site or something. I wouldn't take their word for it until it's officially confirmed by AtlusJP themselves. Quite a few are just going by baseless rumours.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Was it that kdrama site or something. I wouldn't take the word of their site until it's officially confirmed by AtlusJP themselves.

Yeah it was. Since there wasn't a source or anything I was just going to pass it off, but they quoted a Gaffer on some translations so I thought somebody on here might have found something.

Well, just hearing that they're going to reveal something about the trailer is cool enough for me. Can't wait to see more.

Also, I can only hope that Fall 2015 isn't the expected western release. Really hoping it is more Early 2015.

Was it that kdrama site or something. I wouldn't take their word for it until it's officially confirmed by AtlusJP themselves. Many are just going by baseless rumours.

That fucking site. My friends keep sending me links to "announcements" they make, and I keep telling them to think for a second why a tiny site about Korean Dramas would be dropping any sort of megatons.

Do you guys think P5 might be at TGS tomorrow? Does it work like that or was today the only day of trailers?

We just got a new Bloodborne trailer, MGSV trailer, FFXV trailer, FF Type 0 HD trailer and Silent Hills trailer.

My hope for a Persona 5 gameplay reveal has never been so high.

Tomorrow is when the Atlus/SEGA show is.

We just got a new Bloodborne trailer, MGSV trailer, FFXV trailer, FF Type 0 HD trailer and Silent Hills trailer.

My hope for a Persona 5 gameplay reveal has never been so high.

Tomorrow is when the Atlus/SEGA show is.

will ffxv sell more than persona 5 selling? will atlus be taking over square enix at all? people have been not happy with recent ff and it seems persona is just on a roll, no faults, no problems, just all love

will persona 5 beat ff in sales?

will ffxv sell more than persona 5 selling? will atlus be taking over square enix at all? people have been not happy with recent ff and it seems persona is just on a roll, no faults, no problems, just all love

I love Persona more than Final Fantasy, but I think it's delusional to think it will ever sell more than a mainline Final Fantasy.

FF13 sold 6.6 million.

The answer is P5 won't even sell anywhere near that (prob. 1-2 million tops)

MSMrRound

Can someone post the times of PSC and Atlus TGS stage show? I must be blind, 'cos I can't find them.

20/09/2014. 14:30PM (Japan local time) It's on a Saturday, so two days from now. It's not tomorrow. It's stated to last for an hour.

Atlus' stage show is basically going to be hosted by the PSC hosts, voice actress Isomura Tomomi and writer Mafia Kajita

SEGA livestream link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv192684372

Handy livestream schedule done by Sal Romano of Gematsu.com: http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tokyo-game-show-2014-live-stream-schedule#sega

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Notice during the Persona 5 trailer: when it reaches the point where there are the most people in a single location—outside in the city—and near the point where the game's title and release information are indicated, there is a recurring motif of the globe:

This is one of the hidden messages within the trailer the hosts will be analyzing, indicating that the game will launch worldwide simultaneously.

Man. That's pretty neat. It's like they put a lot clues in one trailer.

One thing I also noticed in the trailer when the camera goes around the protagonist, and he's in the center of the city, this girl with her hair to the side walks by the camera, compared to all other citizens walking by, I'd say her looks are as detailed as the MCs. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here already, but I found that to be rather interesting.

Usually citizens' designs are very minimalist since it takes time and effort to recreate hundreds of different ones. This girl however looked really detailed.

p4dan is going to be best game! new rival to rise for p4mc's affection, i hope teddie is in there too

anyone think p5 will be released before FF type 0? or after?

Funny. I'm actually inclined to agree with that.
TBH, it's not like she has the best competition.

Levito

Banned
New Dancing All Night trailer in a couple days? Commence hype train.

Yeah, the #hardinlied thing is a joke, at least when I say it.

Are you saying you like Lightning?

You dont? I though Square-Enix drilled it into everyone's heads that you love Lightning and that she was your favourite character of any franchise ever?

You know, like Atlus is doing with Marie.

Just kidding, I actually do like Marie. Lightning can go away though.

Top Bottom