• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Tiu Neo

I do not want Aigis in unless it comes with Maaya Sakamoto singing a song.

Well, this game should be already full of fanservice as it is, if there are remixes AND they end up adding Persona 3 characters, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to make remix songs with other artists, like those that are dubbing characters...

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Off point given current conversation, but I just finished my play through of The Journey in P3 FES, which is actually only the second time I've played through the game:

Knowing what happens at the end makes it super rough. I cried, actual tears.

Best end game conversations (from the links I completed):
Akinari's mother and Ms Toriumi - which actually made me laugh (between tears).

I know these were posted on specific gaming news sites a while ago, but AtlusUSA just posted the Mitsuru and Yosuke Persona Q trailers to their Youtube page.

Mitsuru

Yosuke

Be aware, there may be a major P4 spoiler in the suggested videos. You know the drill.

Ooh, so there's a DAN trailer coming out, nice.
I know these were posted on specific gaming news sites a while ago, but AtlusUSA just posted the Mitsuru and Yosuke Persona Q trailers to their Youtube page.

Mitsuru

Yosuke

Be aware, there may be a major P4 spoiler in the suggested videos. You know the drill.
It has been a week since IGN had those videos, I was hoping they would upload the next two but oh well.

Verder

IGOR for P4D

oh man if they had him up in their bustin some moves....

shiiiit it would be cool if Elizabeth /Margaret/ Theodore was up in their too.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
So what are the chances of Marie being in Dancing All Night?
10570435_160072950851463_4023397622001937411_n.jpg

100%

PK Gaming

I can't put my finger on it, but his Persona definitely *feels* like something he'd have. Great job as usual, it's kind of amazing how dedicated you are at this. There aren't that many P4 characters I think.
But somewhere along the way I got the idea of “snake footy-pajamas” that would absolutely not go away and it just had to be drawn.
Heh, I bet this is a thing that happens to artists a lot.

Sub-Personas come with their own set of skills (including null/repel/etc), but they do not have their own resistances/weaknesses.

Welcome! PersonaGAF is... weird, but interesting and the people here are generally pretty awesome.

Thanks. And I agree, the people here are pretty awesome.

Unrelated, but am I one of the only people who doesn't think Golden Anime is that bad? I never watched a complete anime series previously outside of Gundam Seed (Destiny) so I have no reference for how good anime usually is, but outside of some quality drops and Marie overdose Golden anime seems ok. Not great, but not terrible.
Also think that accomplice ending could be pretty cool depending on what's done with it. Maybe for example there could be an alternate epilogue so when Yu comes back he finds Inaba in ruins or his friends all dead from shadows and the fog leaking out of the TV world, or something like that. Of course, this is probably a stupid idea.

MSMrRound

Unrelated, but am I one of the only people who doesn't think Golden Anime is that bad?

I thoroughly enjoyed the original Persona 4 animation. Persona 4 Golden animation was just bad though. Would have been good if they stuck to something like episode 2 (scooter trip) or Christmas episode. The other episodes are them basically trying to shoehorn Marie into every single little thing.

E.g hijacking Rise's singing role for the band event? Really? Really?

We might have double Chies or Rise and Yukiko swapping places in original animation, but we never had mob characters with half of their bodies missing. It's a shame that A1 pictures took all the budget they saved from Persona 4 Golden animation and spent it towards animating Sinon's ass in Sword Art Online 2

fa14356.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed the original Persona 4 animation. Persona 4 Golden animation was just bad though. Would have been good if they stuck to something like episode 2 (scooter trip) or Christmas episode. The other episodes are them basically trying to shoehorn Marie into every single little thing.

E.g hijacking Rise's singing role for the band event? Really? Really?

We might have double Chies or Rise and Yukiko swapping places in original animation, but we never had mob characters with half of their bodies missing. It's a shame that A1 pictures took all the budget they saved from Persona 4 Golden animation and spent it towards animating Sinon's ass in Sword Art Online 2

evAunmK.gif

Maybe I should actually watch the original in its entirety. I ended up watching a few boss fights and what someone deemed to be the funniest/best moments in the anime. I suppose that the Persona 4 anime is probably the best persona anime (not including P3 movies), considering the competition I know of are Golden anime and Trinity Soul.

Sophia

The original anime isn't very great, but it's relatively faithful in terms of script and there are no outright offensive elements to it. It's more disappointing that it wasn't full budget, rather then actually being bad in any one specific way. Plus it has a lot of redeeming qualities to it, including some genuinely funny moments.

On the other hand, the Persona 4 Golden anime is just outright bad. The animation is worse than the original at various points, the script is not faithful to the scenes in the game at all, and there are very few redeeming qualities. I would actually rank it far below Trinity Soul because at least Trinity Soul isn't actively ruining previously established scenes.

Green Mamba's designs made me wish that all of these characters actually had personas.

Tell me about it. Mamba's designs are just that good, and I think Naoki Konishi is the best yet.

Speaking of the Golden anime, has anyone watched the latest episode? Crunchyroll put it up a couple hours ago. It was, uh... it was an episode. I laughed a lot during it, but not once because I was supposed to.

PK Gaming

Thanks. And I agree, the people here are pretty awesome.

Unrelated, but am I one of the only people who doesn't think Golden Anime is that bad? I never watched a complete anime series previously outside of Gundam Seed (Destiny) so I have no reference for how good anime usually is, but outside of some quality drops and Marie overdose Golden anime seems ok. Not great, but not terrible.
Also think that accomplice ending could be pretty cool depending on what's done with it. Maybe for example there could be an alternate epilogue so when Yu comes back he finds Inaba in ruins or his friends all dead from shadows and the fog leaking out of the TV world, or something like that. Of course, this is probably a stupid idea.

There's your problem.

I'm not even trying to be an elitist; if Gundam Seed Destiny is your only exposure to anime, then your standards are definitely lax. P4GA isn't just a bad adaption, it's a bad anime period. It has poor direction, sloppy animation and dreadful art. It's the definition of a cheap cash in.

Top Bottom