• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

abrack08

I thoroughly enjoyed the original Persona 4 animation. Persona 4 Golden animation was just bad though. Would have been good if they stuck to something like episode 2 (scooter trip) or Christmas episode. The other episodes are them basically trying to shoehorn Marie into every single little thing.

E.g hijacking Rise's singing role for the band event? Really? Really?

We might have double Chies or Rise and Yukiko swapping places in original animation, but we never had mob characters with half of their bodies missing. It's a shame that A1 pictures took all the budget they saved from Persona 4 Golden animation and spent it towards animating Sinon's ass in Sword Art Online 2

fa14356.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed the original Persona 4 animation. Persona 4 Golden animation was just bad though. Would have been good if they stuck to something like episode 2 (scooter trip) or Christmas episode. The other episodes are them basically trying to shoehorn Marie into every single little thing.

E.g hijacking Rise's singing role for the band event? Really? Really?

We might have double Chies or Rise and Yukiko swapping places in original animation, but we never had mob characters with half of their bodies missing. It's a shame that A1 pictures took all the budget they saved from Persona 4 Golden animation and spent it towards animating Sinon's ass in Sword Art Online 2

evAunmK.gif

http://i.imgur.com/evAunmK.gif
Maybe I should actually watch the original in its entirety. I ended up watching a few boss fights and what someone deemed to be the funniest/best moments in the anime. I suppose that the Persona 4 anime is probably the best persona anime (not including P3 movies), considering the competition I know of are Golden anime and Trinity Soul.

Why are the two gifs in these posts different @_@

EDIT: Welp that's a great first post for the new page. So uh, can't wait for that P4D trailer

Tiu Neo

P4GA Episode 11

Called it.

Cheese of an episode though.

Forgot to watch it yesterday, I'll probably do it tonight. Last episode was kinda meh too, so I'm not expecting much.

Next episode will be the last, right?
Is it an epilogue episode, or just the normal ending?

Meia

We don't talk about that one. I do need to check out Stargazer though.

Speaking of Persona and anime things (but not terrible anime things), any update on a release for the second P3 movie?

Sadly, no. The first movie came out on dvd 6 months after the first movie came out, and one month before the 2nd hit theaters.

So it'll either follow the same patterns and won't come out on dvd until December, with 3rd moving coming out in January, or it'll just be tied to the 3rd movie's release(being a month before) which will be god knows when.

Sadly, no. The first movie came out on dvd 6 months after the first movie came out, and one month before the 2nd hit theaters.

So it'll either follow the same patterns and won't come out on dvd until December, with 3rd moving coming out in January, or it'll just be tied to the 3rd movie's release(being a month before) which will be god knows when.
Ah, so there's still probably a little while to go then. After watching 1 I'm pretty darn excited for 2.

Tiu Neo

Yes...although there will be a bonus episode packaged with one of the blu-ray DVD.

As for your question about the ending...episode 11 spoilers:
Izanami makes an appearance. So maybe her fight+Golden epilogue?

Oh yes, (P4/P4G Spoilers)
Adachi's accomplice ending.
Looking forward to that one.

Thanks!

Arizato

While this episode of The Golden Animation really wasn't anything special I did love all the new tracks in this episode. Though the ending sounded kind of weird this time around. In fact most of the music in The Golden Animation has been really awesome for me. Can't wait to pick up the soundtracks!

Speaking of the Golden anime, has anyone watched the latest episode? Crunchyroll put it up a couple hours ago. It was, uh... it was an episode. I laughed a lot during it, but not once because I was supposed to.

I managed to find an excuse not to watch it, Destiny was calling my name. Finally broke off the chains, I no longer feel obligated to watch it anymore, I jumped off the train and it feels great. Heck I should of done it earlier. Watching it just made me lose my patience LOL. I'll stick to the games and the P3Movie, in case they decide to animate more stuff (PLEASE DONT).

Marche90

As many of you have mentioned, I dropped P4GA. I seriously couldn't stand the last few episodes...

I might watch the last episode if they show the Golden epilogue, but otherwise I'm out

No mention of wherever it's download only or we are actually getting a physical release.

on the brightside a month and half delay is a wee bit better than 1 year.

"Sega is bringing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Europe at both digital and retail this November, the company announced."

QuadOpto

Euuughhh....Just got done watching it. While i'm not gonna do a whole quarter-page rant on it, I will say that after the last one, this was one was only slightly painful and I kinda just rolled along with it.

...It...like it didn't even bother to really follow game rules at all, which is partly good and partly bad, mostly bad in this case.
I don't even know why they bothered to have the 1st tier Personas morph to 2nd tier, then straight away to 3rd tier, though that's admittedly just a tiny nitpick. The real thing that just came out of nowhere is Yu suddenly having a sword and cutting up bamboo like whatever. I mean, they've made it such a point that they don't carry weapons with them, but suddenly he just has it out of nowhere so he can 'free Marie from her chains or whatever.'

...But moving on from that....Valentine's Day.

I mean, I was already expecting Valentine's Day to probably be a wash after the events of the Christmas Massacre and the endless MariexYu shipping, but I at least expected the other characters to be around. Instead they moved Nanako's bit up as an excuse for Yu not to interact with anyone and left the...best girl for last.

kewlmyc

Heh, what a way to start off the a new page.

But yeah, I don't really mind the P4G anime existing, because it gave us two great background stories for [Redacted] and the Christmas, beach, and Operation Date episodes was funny. Sadly those were the only five I watched, so I guess I can't really comment on the series as a whole.

WHAT. Can I take this together with the incredibly quick release of PQ as a sign that Europe won't be shunned by Atlus anymore?

This isn't a particularly helpful answer mind you, but hopefully! It seems like Atlus has made a concerted effort to actually get their games out in Europe. Hopefully they sell well.

MSMrRound

WHAT. Can I take this together with the incredibly quick release of PQ as a sign that Europe won't be shunned by Atlus anymore?

It feels weird hearing about SEGA stepping in and saving European bros when I'm still frustrated about them not localizing Valkyria Chronicles 3/PSO2 (for NA guys).

Thought the only thing SEGA care about nowadays are usually Sonic+Miku games.

Great for you guys though.

Setsu00

This isn't a particularly helpful answer mind you, but hopefully! It seems like Atlus has made a concerted effort to actually get their games out in Europe. Hopefully they sell well.

I hope so, too. Atlus has some really great games and more people should play them given the chance. Hopefully Sega uses some money to actually market these games over here.

I'm seriously glad that next week P4GA will be over. In retrospective, this anime had some good moments but overall, it was a terrible mess.

This episode, particularly, ruined Valentine's Day. But as if that wasn't enough,
everyone's Personas evolve to their 3rd tier because of Marie. Because of Marie. And Yu standing on Izanagi's shoulders while it evolves into Izanagi-no-Okami was ridiculous.

Oh, and there's this too. Mind you, Yosuke is talking during this scene.

Also, was Kana Hanazawa the one singing the ED song this time? This sure is Marie: The Animation. And I like Marie (in the game).

I guess I'm still watching this because I'm expecting some interesting scenes featuring the IT members... But I should have known better.

TimmiT

Well, it's more because of European publishers picking it up earlier. NIS America is handling Persona Q, while SEGA is handling Ultimax. And with Atlus now being part of SEGA, we could potentially see them being the main publisher for the series in Europe, meaning that we could generally get the games earlier.

Yeah, it was Kana Hanazawa singing the ED this time. I won't say it was bad, but her voice wasn't as good a fit for the song. I did like that song that played as they escaped, interested to hear the full version.

There's your problem.

I'm not even trying to be an elitist; if Gundam Seed Destiny is your only exposure to anime, then your standards are definitely lax. P4GA isn't just a bad adaption, it's a bad anime period. It has poor direction, sloppy animation and dreadful art. It's the definition of a cheap cash in.

I've seen like few episodes here and there of random other anime that showed up on TV when I was quite a bit younger (like 12-14yrs old?), like from Bleach and Naruto and Inuyasha. I watched the Gundam Seed stuff around that time too. But yeah, I have heard that Gundam Seed was kinda bad, and Destiny was worse, from some friends that watch more anime than I. But despite how bad the Gundam Seed stuff was, I think the animation quality was probably(?) better most of the time that the stuff in P4GA, and some scenes I watched in P4 Anime. I'm probably not going to watch much anime anytime soon, but I heard better things about anime like Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist (I think), Stein's Gate and some other Gundam stuff like Unicorn. Apologies if I spelt anything wrong, and I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

PK Gaming

Yukari: Your reasoning is out of focus!
Makoto: !?!
Yukari: It should be the other way around; the victim brought the murder weapon to the crime scene, not the killer!
Elizabeth: Oh my, what an interesting turn of events!
Makoto: (Crap... she's got a point. Maybe I should look at it from another angle...)

Andrefpvs

I mean, it's great that the game is coming out in Europe, and in every other situation I'd just wait and get the PAL version (like I always do), but EVERY other freaking game I want is coming out in November or early December:

ce4cfa9107.png

I think in this case it just makes sense to import the US version. Sorry SEGA, and thanks for bringing the game over. Hey, I'll still get Miku!

PK Gaming

Prediction... Ken killed Junpei.

Here's everything that happened in this case!

tumblr_inline_n1nznoOw8O1qhaskl.png

Akihiko recently found out that the fire that destroyed the orphanage was accidentally started by Shinjiro. Enraged by that revelation, Akihiko attacked Shinjiro in a blind rage. The 2 of them got into an altercation, which ended in Shinjiro being knocked unconscious. When he fell, the back of his had slammed into the edge of the table, damaging his medulla onblongata and killing him instantly. Grief-stricken by the murder, but unwilling to go down, Akihiko quickly got to work. He moved the body, and placed Ken's backpack at the scene of the crime in an attempt to implicate him. With that done, he timed it so he would "discover" the body along with everyone else, giving him a stronger alibi. The culprit...

"Akihiko Sanada... it could have only been you!"

Levito

Banned
My predication for tonight is Dancing All Night's Japanese release date will be announced.

Gotta hand it to you, Levito. I'm pretty new to GAF, but I just wanted you to know that S.Link FM is awesome, made alot of sucky days enjoyable. Keep it up!

Awww thank you! It's not just me though; Inorigo, Pan, Trueself, and Armada are all the best folks to work with. Comments like yours make *my* sucky days better. Thanks. :)

Gotta hand it to you, Levito. I'm pretty new to GAF, but I just wanted you to know that S.Link FM is awesome, made alot of sucky days enjoyable. Keep it up!

I completely agree with this Levito and anyone else involved in SLink FM. I actually started listening before I joined NeoGAF by stumbling upon it somehow while looking for video game podcasts. Makes sitting at work a little easier most days.

HURRAH! It's arriving in a reasonable time period, I will likely just import a copy though as November isn't great for me due to the sheer amount of RPG's coming out around that period. Still it's good to see a quick turnaround as it makes me hopeful for the future of Atlus games and Europe, especially with the most important Persona game still due to come out.

Top Bottom