• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Hello, hello it's me, [Redacted]. Join me today as I review a shitty episode from a shitty anime. Now without further ado... Let's get to work!

P4GA 11

It seems like that bitch is missing from the opening. That's a relief, because her poems were terrible. And not in an endearing way either; the crap she wrote is elementary school level. No... that's an insult to elementary school kids; this is pre-school level stuff. Anyway, it seems that Dojima's kid got tangled up in a mess with the fog bitch.

1OIqpAJ.png

Took them out? My, my, Dojima's kid certainly grown into a big boy now. He's casually talking about slaying gods here! Let's see... oh, the bitch was actually a fog bitch? Boy, this sure feels like an unnecessary retcon!

I really don't get that kid; she's about to go poof, and he's acting like it's the end of the world! That sounds like the ultimate win-win to me. She conveniently gets taken out of the picture and the fog disappears. Isn't that what you kids wanted? You know, a happy ending? It's like the perfect 2-for-one special! After some pointless angsting, we're treated to some exposition from the extravagant Bitch. You know, the one that's always full of shit? She tries to act all impartial, but deep down you know she'd jump on a bed of hot coals to save his ass. These bitches are all the same; they're willing to do anything for that kid's attention. Pathetic.

Man, this feels like a shitty manga from Shonen Jump. Can it get any cheesier? Get this, it turns out that fog bitch didn't want to die. No one should be surprised at that revelation. So the Investigation Idiots declare their undying love for her and their Personas evolve. Even that wannabee idol says that the concert fiasco is her best memory! Man, that's really screwed up, hahahahaha.

Their Personas evolved. A+ for effort (they still look incredibly ugly though). Oh and Dojima's kid randomly gets a sword. For some reason, it feels like these kids should be using weapons, but I can't explain why I feel that way. Like whoever came up with this anime missed an important aspect of life. Anyway the whole sequence was incredibly dumb. It feels like they set it up so Dojima's kid could just slash stuff and look cool? Are they that obsessed with him? These writers need to grow up.

Aww too bad wannabee idol girl, it looks like you're yesterday's news. An outdated model. A loser.

They managed to beat the fog bitch's outer form with the power of Friendship, Effort and Victory. (except Wannabee idol girl, she was useless) I've gotta say, these are the dumbest kids ever. Are they really surprised at the fact that she said sorry? Goddamn, creepy, tactless, worthless, dumbasses. It's disturbing how they're all buddy-buddy with her, like she's been their best friends for years. I always took them for a bunch of pretentious do-gooders, but this is pretty ridiculous, even for them. Maybe they're a part of the Happy-Happy cult?

After they rescue the fog bitch, the Hanamura kid gets mobbed by his friends (serves you right, you little shit). I'd like to point out that we're treated to a bath scene with underage girls. I'm a sexually depraved monster, so this didn't phase me, but I figured that most people wouldn't be into this hentai nonsense. Talk about shameless! I thought Persona was supposed to be a progressive series? What a joke.

And I thought I was screwed up. I didn't know Dojima's kid was friends with a bunch of sexual deviants. They might think they're endearing, but they're actually sick little bastards. I can't wait until they grow up and realize their creepy little antics won't get them anywhere with women.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahah, my sides feel like they're going to split. Dojima's kid sure likes eating shitty food. Is he some sort of masochist? It looks like fog bitch was the only girl who got a valentine's day event. Listen up, cause I got a message for those dumb highschool bitches that hang out with Dojima's kid:

"How did it feel when Marie beat you? Are you pissed? Miserable? Frustrated? Hahaha... That's what it's like to lose."

Anyway, this episode was exceptionally bad. I'm looking forward to the bonus episode when the Blu-rays come out, but knowing these guys, they'll screw it up too. Ah well, more of me is never a bad thing, right?

This is the most insane thing.

I won't deny that at all, it's especially insane considering that P4 is my favourite game of all time and the other stuff that this team has done is certainly up there I'm just not feeling super hyped for P5.

It kind of all boils down to that fact that I don't ever get excited for games and that's resulted in me having little excitement for P5 despite the fact I should be probably be freaking out. As for DAN, the reason I'm looking forward to that is mainly because I love the Persona music and I love rhythm games and I've been itching to play one for a long time so DAN is a pretty good combination for me.

I won't deny that at all, it's especially insane considering that P4 is my favourite game of all time and the other stuff that this team has done is certainly up there I'm just not feeling super hyped for P5.

It kind of all boils down to that fact that I don't ever get excited for games and that's resulted in me having little excitement for P5 despite the fact I should be probably be freaking out. As for DAN, the reason I'm looking forward to that is mainly because I love the Persona music and I love rhythm games and I've been itching to play one for a long time so DAN is a pretty good combination for me.

I think you've got a fair counter argument here. Personally, I know I'll enjoy P5 more in the end, but right now I'm just excited about the possibilities of it rather than the game itself. I already know I like P4 music and characters, so I'm excited to see how they work in something as potentially ridiculous as DAN. When I know more about P5, (like the characters, the music, or the combat) I'll get more excited about that.

I needed a break from DR2 so I took out P4G and now I'm all the way to 4/18

anyone have any wacky suggestions for a second playthrough? It's not new game+

I needed a break from DR2 so I took out P4G and now I'm the way to 4/18

No lovers routes for any of the S-links.
That or only use personae from a single arcana.

EDIT: Since it's not NG+, how about only use arcana for recruited party members.

No lovers routes for any of the S-links.
That or only use personae from a single arcana.

EDIT: Since it's not NG+, how about only use arcana for recruited party members.

I was thinking of doing a Izanagi only run, since I fused that guy immediately in my first playthrough.

I hadn't thought about the lovers routes. thanks for the suggestion

Those DR X Persona pics are pretty awesome. And PK, that impression of [Redacted] was pretty spot-on and funny to read.
TRAILER TIME AGAIN!

Persona Q:

Akihiko

Chie

And a Story Trailer

As usual watch out for spoilers in suggested videos, yadda yadda yadda.
Love some PQ english trailers. <3 Glad they fixed the battle audio, and the changed Chie's trailer music from the original, huh. That story trailer was pretty good, we got new scenes and we finally got to hear Zen and Rei's english voices. They sound good to me!

Setsu00

I think I'll come back later when everything is said and done. It was a nice surprise to wake up to a Persona 5 trailer and again to a FFXV trailer.

cj_iwakura

I think I'll come back later when everything is said and done. It was a nice surprise to wake up to a Persona 5 trailer and again to a FFXV trailer.

Nothing like experiencing it live. I'll never forget the insanity of Atlus' trolling during the P5 reveal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm glad Atlus' stream is tonight so I can watch it without having to sacrifice sleep because no work tomorrow.

Found this on the twitters.

3rulgLP.jpg

PK Gaming

I needed a break from DR2 so I took out P4G and now I'm all the way to 4/18

Izanagi/Protagnonist only run

Somewhat challenging on higher difficulties. If you dislike grinding then you could remove the Izanagi only restriction

Good idea

EDIT: Guys, CMON. Zen is Keith Silverstein

Nachos

Man, it's going to be a struggle staying up for the stream. I'm already starting to fall asleep, and I know I'd probably sleep through my alarm if I took a nap.

Yup, that's definitely Ashley Bursch as Rei. Can anyone discern who Zen's voice actor might be?

I need more to go on, but it's either Steve Staley or Keith Silverstein (the latter of whom voiced Mondo in Dangan Ronpa). They have really similar voices, but I think I'm leaning towards Staley, though. He's recently become more active in new projects after a period of doing the same shows he was first cast in years ago.

It's also good to hear they got some higher-quality audio samples for the new trailers. The trailers so far have otherwise been really, really great, so now they're more-or-less spotless.

Sophia

Those PQ trailers are great!

Just a question about that stream though, do you need Nico Nico Premium to watch it live?

If it's a free stream like the previous ones, in theory you don't need premium but you'll probably be booted in favor of premium users if you don't have it.

That's what happened at the Novemeber 24th stream last year. I got booted while streaming, so I bought premium to keep watching because I couldn't get in.

Windam

Scaley member
Give me Troy Baker back as Kanji ;___; Mercer is a great replacement, but he lacks that certain gruffness Baker brought to Kanji

Sophia

Actually I thought it would be a blazer (like the male version) with ribbon, because P4 already have the sailor-style uniform.

Well, they've done the blazer three times (SMT If.../P1/P3) and the sailor uniform twice (P2/P4) so they're actually one short in that category. That said, the blazer would be most consistent with the male uniform.

Top Bottom