• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Lunar15

Now when i'm done listening to Laura Bailey fight Laura Bailey with Laura Bailey and Laura Bailey on commentary, I'm going to load up Super Smash bros and have 4 Laura Baileys fight in a free for all.

Truly, 2014 is the best year for Laura Bailey themed fighting games.

DNAbro

Now when i'm done listening to Laura Bailey fight Laura Bailey with Laura Bailey and Laura Bailey on commentary, I'm going to load up Super Smash bros and have 4 Laura Baileys fight in a free for all.

does she voice act Lucina?

When you said you "played Rise at Evo" I thought you were talking about cosplayer lol. Anyways, thoughts on Rise's playstyle?

Perv

I think it's interesting. Mind you I played her for two matches against a Sho who clearly knew what he was doing. I think she has potential to be really good. She has tools for zoning but they can also work for rushdown and pressure too

Also the dude wouldn't even let me land her rhythm super

Perv

I think it's interesting. Mind you I played her for two matches against a Sho who clearly knew what he was doing. I think she has potential to be really good. She has tools for zoning but they can also work for rushdown and pressure too

Perv? I was saying that you played P4U2 with her. Get your mind out of the gutter man.

Swedesu

Oh my I see the thread is off to a roaring start as always.

Hopefully I'll be more active from now on since I really want to continue to get into this fantastic community.

PK Gaming

They.... they're in the pockets.....they are!

But.... but.....
d1Y72tl.jpg

It's ok, I got you covered!

(click the image for the source)

BONUS

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/SMT-Persona-Police-Force-454621944?hf=1
I could have gotten more, but that totally would have killed my entire afternoon. Enjoy!

Actually, are we allowed to talk about gameplay systems for PQ? Like, nothing to do with the storyline, just fusion mechanics and the like? Because from what I've heard it sounds like a good direction.

Erm... I think so......Maybe?

I meant the OT mentions not discussing PLOT spoilers without warning and tags and asks for not embedding scenes from the game, but I assume that mechanic discussion would be alright.

It's ok, I got you covered!

I could have gotten more, but that would have killed my entire afternoon. Enjoy!

This is awesome!

Swedesu

Actually, are we allowed to talk about gameplay systems for PQ? Like, nothing to do with the storyline, just fusion mechanics and the like? Because from what I've heard it sounds like a good direction.

Well PQs mechanics and such were discussed loads of times in the previous threads so it should be fine.

Unless the mechanics are spoilers in and of themselves.

Sophia

Nothing like that against the rules, especially in the case of something that was talked about extensively in Famitsu and the like.

In that case: I am very much for the fusion mechanics in PQ. Allowing the player to pick skills, but setting restrictions on which personas can learn what (and further restricting the best skills from being transferred period) goes a long way to solving the cloning problem that was in SMT4 (and I assume P4G). I would very much like to see a similar system put into place in P5 (though I don't think this -exact- set of restrictions will be the way to go), but it would also be nice if there was NG+ option that would lift all the skill transfer restrictions so you can play around with it (or, hell, let the MC's Uber Starter learn some kind of skill that removes transfer restrictions on whatever has it).

Jintor

Ended up redoing some pictures to make me feel better about myself (and to meet a print deadline so I didn't actually have to conceptualise new pictures)

tumblr_n8pak2y08Z1rnx5rho1_1280.png

tumblr_n8pak2y08Z1rnx5rho2_1280.png

arue

Ended up redoing some pictures to make me feel better about myself (and to meet a print deadline so I didn't actually have to conceptualise new pictures)

Whoa these are nice art, Jintor! I would definitely play with Persona-themed cards.
Naoto as Ace is perfection.

As if this were a bad thing! :3 I'm so freakin hyped for both of Laura's characters. Will probably main them both.
shrsZ69.jpg

Damn you, Jose!
Eat it, nerd!

Stuff like this makes me wish that Yosuke and Chie had proper shadows as opposed to just themselves in uniform but with yellow eyes.

We've sort of seen Shadow Chie as that yellow dominatrix looking thing before, but I wonder what her and Yosuke would have looked like on the actual midnight channel.

Any thoughts?

Xenoflare

I would love this.

I can never get enough Laura Bailey, no I'm serious, I love her.

Wait who else does she voice in SSB4 besides Lucina? Or am I missing an all Lucina battle jokes?

Sophia

I feel sick...

Need to moderate my posting here from now on.

Too late. You're already trapped here. Pandora's box is opened. Your life.... is ruined!

My postcount dropped dramatically as of recent.... I blame no Persona 5 news for that.

Marche90

Oh, look! Hello new thread.

Last time I barely posted here (only 70 or so posts)... I think it'll be the same this time around.

Sadly, as Turnip said, nothing terribly interesting for the inmediate future.

Too late. You're already trapped here. Pandora's box is opened. Your life.... is ruined!

Well, you ruin everyone's lives when you link to tvtropes, so... doubly ruined, I guess xD

Meia

Stuff like this makes me wish that Yosuke and Chie had proper shadows as opposed to just themselves in uniform but with yellow eyes.

We've sort of seen Shadow Chie as that yellow dominatrix looking thing before, but I wonder what her and Yosuke would have looked like on the actual midnight channel.

Any thoughts?

Yosuke either a caped superhero(or a Neofeatherman) or a super emo that's bored of everything. Chie could go several ways, though extremely girly would probably be best.

Also really love the face card motif showing both regular and shadow selves on it.

Jintor

I was thinking... Mitsuru (Queen of Spades), Aigis (Ace of Spades), Akihiko (King of Clubs), Junpei (Jack of Clubs), Yukari (Ace of Hearts), Fuuka (Jack of Diamonds) and
Adachi
(Joker). Leaving Labyrs I guess as maybe an Ace of Clubs?

Wasn't sure what to do with shadow design. I was thinking normal side be P3 and shadow side be Arena + eyes (their dress sense certainly looks like Shadow sense). Was also wondering if it'd throw off the aesthetic to have Shadow Aigis just be
Metis

I was thinking... Mitsuru (Queen of Spades), Aigis (Ace of Spades), Akihiko (King of Clubs), Junpei (Jack of Clubs), Yukari (Ace of Hearts), Fuuka (Jack of Diamonds) and
Adachi

Wasn't sure what to do with shadow design. I was thinking normal side be P3 and shadow side be Arena + eyes (their dress sense certainly looks like Shadow sense). Was also wondering if it'd throw off the aesthetic to have Shadow Aigis just be
Metis

That all sounds excellent! Can't wait to see Yukari. :)

redhairedking

Perv

I think I watched some of that on stream, assuming that was the same guy. Honestly, that guy really seemed to be taking the fun out of it. No one had any chance against that Sho.

Sophia

Adachi

Metis

Wouldn't Junpei be better as an ace? Ace Defective and all. >_>;

Jintor

There's no failure suite tho

Hmmm... Ace of Clubs? Making Laby-chan an Ace of Diamonds?

/edit of course Ken would be a Jack of Clubs then

Top Bottom