• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Mdesilva

It's ok, I got you covered!

*Chie pictures*
You are the people's hero

I've been wanting to start up P4G again, but I keep getting pulled into other games, some PS+ freebies, some review games, some backlog. I wonder when I'll ever get to replaying it after all D:

biodude

Neo Member
I just finished watching episode 25 of p4 the animation (after beating the game), but there's an extended episode 26.

I paused it atm since it seems to have some extra stuff like
adachi sending a letter, and he started to explain a bit further
, and I was wondering if this is part of the extended ending seen in golden/the new social links? if so I'm going to hold off on watching it

I just finished watching episode 25 of p4 the animation (after beating the game), but there's an extended episode 26.

I paused it atm since it seems to have some extra stuff like
adachi sending a letter, and he started to explain a bit further
, and I was wondering if this is part of the extended ending seen in golden/the new social links? if so I'm going to hold off on watching it

Did you get the true ending for P4? Because that all happens when you go for the true ending in P4. Doesn't matter if its golden or not.

biodude

Neo Member
Did you get the true ending for P4? Because that all happens when you go for the true ending in P4. Doesn't matter if its golden or not.

In my ending of p4,
I chose the right choices for the namatame part, found out adachi was the killer, defeated him and the ball, fog is gone, I said my goodbyes and that was it. I saw that nanako had a letter in her hand, but didn't mention anything about it. Wait, did I do something wrong?

In my ending of p4,
I chose the right choices for the namatame part, found out adachi was the killer, defeated him and the ball, fog is gone, I said my goodbyes and that was it. I saw that nanako had a letter in her hand, but didn't mention anything about it. Wait, did I do something wrong?

You dun goofed.
If you go to Junes when you are saying your goodbyes and interact with the elevator the game will be like "You have no business here, do you still want to go?". Pick yes and it starts off the path to the true ending.

In my ending of p4,

Dude, I have bad news for ya...

biodude

Neo Member
Ah man are you kidding me? That's kinda lame, why would you have the urge to back if you just went there a minute ago?
I should have my save still on that day, I'll check it out- thanks

Edit : aaaaaa it wont let me go back, I "have no need to be here"

It's kinda alright though, even more for me to be excited for in my p4g play through I just started

When I clicked on the elevator the first time, all it had was a little scene with teddie and yosuke, that was it. It wouldn't let me go back in there though

In my ending of p4,

After you talk to everyone, instead of going home, go to the Junes Food Court one last time. That should answer your questions.
edit: Beaten

Ah man are you kidding me? That's kinda lame, why would you have the urge to back if you just went there a minute ago?
I should have my save still on that day, I'll check it out- thanks

Edit : aaaaaa it wont let me go back, I "have no need to be here"

It's kinda alright though, even more for me to be excited for in my p4g play through I just started

When I clicked on the elevator the first time, all it had was a little scene with teddie and yosuke, that was it. It wouldn't let me go back in there though

Check if you did everything right:

http://draculascave.co/2013/09/08/g...true-ending-and-epilogue-in-persona-4-golden/

biodude

Neo Member
Alright, the only other people I can think of I didn't talk to are the sports team guys, where are they found in the school? I've been looking everywhere

biodude

Neo Member
Found em there, thanks.

I thought I explored everywhere, I must have skipped over that one store (seriously I've checked all the others), I thought you couldn't go into any of them.

Gah lost a bit of my hype there, but glad I'm able to get the true ending! Thanks again PersonaGaf

Found em there, thanks.

I thought I explored everywhere, I must have skipped over that one store (seriously I've checked all the others), I thought you couldn't go into any of them.

Gah lost a bit of my hype there, but glad I'm able to get the true ending! Thanks again PersonaGaf

Anytime, dude! Glad we could help! :D

Found em there, thanks.

No problem. Enjoy the true ending.

CorvoSol

Now when i'm done listening to Laura Bailey fight Laura Bailey with Laura Bailey and Laura Bailey on commentary, I'm going to load up Super Smash bros and have 4 Laura Baileys fight in a free for all.

Truly, 2014 is the best year for Laura Bailey themed fighting games.

Move over, Weegee, 2014 year of the Laura.

Now when i'm done listening to Laura Bailey fight Laura Bailey with Laura Bailey and Laura Bailey on commentary, I'm going to load up Super Smash bros and have 4 Laura Baileys fight in a free for all.

I wonder if a repeat of the coveted VA award incident from 2013's magnanimous VGX awards will happen, when in a stunning shock the ever talented Troy Baker lost to that no-name hack Troy Baker.

PK Gaming

P4U ESRB said:
...Some cutscenes depict provocative images (e.g., a still image of several female characters wearing swimsuits posed in glamour shots; “fan service” icons that depict female characters wrapped in towels).

sRvwD3K.png

In that case: I am very much for the fusion mechanics in PQ. Allowing the player to pick skills, but setting restrictions on which personas can learn what (and further restricting the best skills from being transferred period) goes a long way to solving the cloning problem that was in SMT4 (and I assume P4G). I would very much like to see a similar system put into place in P5 (though I don't think this -exact- set of restrictions will be the way to go), but it would also be nice if there was NG+ option that would lift all the skill transfer restrictions so you can play around with it (or, hell, let the MC's Uber Starter learn some kind of skill that removes transfer restrictions on whatever has it).

I wish they'd tell you what the restrictions are beforehand though. Some of them make no sense. E.g. You can transfer elemental Boost skills but not Amp skills.

PK Gaming

I can't wait for the inevitable beach outing between the girls ♥

Do you think Yosuke and Teddie are going to peep on them? XD

Oh and after they beat Sho and convert him to the Church of Friendship, do you think he will tag along?

Bleh

biodude

Neo Member
Anytime, dude! Glad we could help! :D

I do appreciate it, but that darn
gas station attendant being a goddess lol. Its cool so far and I'm going to take a break for tonight- but it really kinda bothers me the process you have to go through to get the actual,real, true ending. The way it's presented to you with having to not go home like twice, then re-go to junes, then beg to go back to junes twice after even though it says there's nothing to do there is annoying. Really hit my hype since I already kinda went through this with the "ignorant ending" at the hospital, and thought I could finally put my ps2 away (its been like a week since I "finished" persona 4) and start golden in peace.
I was sure they'd explain any more missing details in golden's extended ending, so I didn't put much mind to it.
Its a good thing I suppose that I decided to watch the rest of the animation to at least hint there is something more to the vanilla p4, almost kinda wish I didn't know though and found out in golden- though I might have never found out the true ending myself even in golden, if it wasn't for all you guys/the beginning of ep 26 from the animation

Squire

Banned

Rise x Lucina OTP

gas station attendant being a goddess lol. Its cool so far and I'm going to take a break for tonight- but it really kinda bothers me the process you have to go through to get the actual,real, true ending. The way it's presented to you with having to not go home like twice, then re-go to junes, then beg to go back to junes twice after even though it says there's nothing to do there is annoying.

I know that feel. I felt the same when I discovered that I missed that. Actually I watched the Persona 4 anime first, so I knew about Izanami. I was expecting to see her at the ending of the game and when I finished and she did not appeared it was clear that I didn't get the true ending, so I had to search on the internet how to unlock it. This whole thing was made in the most unlikely way to find out.

gas station attendant being a goddess lol. Its cool so far and I'm going to take a break for tonight- but it really kinda bothers me the process you have to go through to get the actual,real, true ending. The way it's presented to you with having to not go home like twice, then re-go to junes, then beg to go back to junes twice after even though it says there's nothing to do there is annoying. Really hit my hype since I already kinda went through this with the "ignorant ending" at the hospital, and thought I could finally put my ps2 away (its been like a week since I "finished" persona 4) and start golden in peace.
I was sure they'd explain any more missing details in golden's extended ending, so I didn't put much mind to it.
Its a good thing I suppose that I decided to watch the rest of the animation to at least hint there is something more to the vanilla p4, almost kinda wish I didn't know though and found out in golden- though I might have never found out the true ending myself even in golden, if it wasn't for all you guys/the beginning of ep 26 from the animation

That's why they are True endings. If they just automatically put you into it then it would just be a regular ending.

biodude

Neo Member
That's why they are True endings. If they just automatically put you into it then it would just be a regular ending.

I suppose you're right- I just don't really like the idea of having something this important being so tricky to get to. I mean, its an
entire dungeon and a bunch of important details to the story
. I guess I'm not used to a game having a "true" ending like this.

Did all of the VA that originally worked in the game returned for Smash? I know both Robins have more than one voice option
Oh and after they beat Sho and convert him to the Church of Friendship, do you think he will tag along?
For some reason, I have this feeling that Sho will become good at the end of Ultimax and will help or become part of the IT and the others.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey, checking back in and I have made it back alive from Vegas alive, thankfully.

Lemme check twitter for a minute...

4XMDA1U.jpg

:O

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Usually it's a pretty creepy sign if you're followed after a night of drinking.

lol

He actually followed a bunch of us.

It was funny, because I tweeted at him that we were coming for him (as a joke) and then he responded when we were meeting up and then it just went from there.

But seriously, really fun times.

Did all of the VA that originally worked in the game returned for Smash? I know both Robins have more than one voice option

For some reason, I have this feeling that Sho will become good at the end of Ultimax and will help or become part of the IT and the others.

Yeah this is what I've been saying. Dude just seems misguided and lonely.

Top Bottom