• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Soulflarz

Banned
80 USD is for the 64GB card. Vita games range from ~1-7 GB.

The vita has no internal memory, though IIRC all units come bundled with an 8GB card, (which holds maybe 3 Vita games and a PSP one.)

If you want to do any significant amount of digital purposes you basically NEED to buy a large memory stick.

Which is still ridiculously expensive for the game sizes.

And yes, the vita 2000 has SOME internal memory, a gig or two?

Nimby

Banned
80 USD is for the 64GB card. Vita games range from ~1-7 GB.

The vita has no internal memory, though IIRC all units come bundled with an 8GB card, (which holds maybe 3 Vita games and a PSP one.)

If you want to do any significant amount of digital purposes you basically NEED to buy a large memory stick.

I can't even...

Physical all the way with the Vita!

Acid08

Banned
Posted these on twitter but they should probably go here too. P1 art time!

NxB7QJT.jpg

UywuQqJ.jpg

5ugUngo.jpg

PRyZuJz.jpg

f3Kh4Rh.jpg

MLAH8iu.jpg

P1 characters are so good.

iVSG8Ja.png

Hey guys,

So, yesterday I was speaking to the voice actress for Margaret, Michelle Ann Dunphy, about an upcoming charity event to aid the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Michelle will be organizing an auction/raffle, which will consist of Persona fan art signed by the voice actors and actresses of the game. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the charity.

In case some of you don't know, this is a charity close to Michelle's heart, as she once was a victim of bullying and suicidal thoughts.

You can read more about it here

Im sure some of us can relate to this, either personally, or through friends and family that have experienced similar issues.

Michelle has asked fans to donate some artwork for the auction. Since there are a number of us on here that like to draw, I thought it would be a good idea for us to submit some pieces.

If you're interested, then please submit your work to michelle@michelleann.com. The files need to be 300 dpi, a minimum of 3 MP = 2048 x 1536 pixels so that she can get them printed. Drawings can be in black and white or color. You can also include a personal artist bio to complement your work.

Id encourage everyone to take part, even if you're not particularly good at drawing. Alternatively, you could simply donate to the charity using the following link.

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

Thanks guys. :)

P.S, Michelle just messaged me and said she would also like to preview some of the work. Those that take part, perhaps we could to a post dump like we do with the "week of" sessions and send her the link?

W1jM8zb.png

PK Gaming

Posted these on twitter but they should probably go here too. P1 art time!

P1 characters are so good.

Awesome art

I've always said that the P1 characters are terrific (arguably on par with the P4 cast in terms of likability imo). They don't get to shine in the game itself, but the P1 manga completely rectifies that by giving screentime for each individual character. Plus, it's really, really good.

This is awesome dude. I wish I could contribute. If only half-assed photoshops were worth real money! But when I read this on her donation page...

I will be running in the Tinker Bell 10K on Saturday May 9th on behalf of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).

...I knew it was a sign. That's my birthday! I can't not do anything now! Count me in for a monetary donation. I'm sending good vibes to Ms. Dunphy and I wish her all the luck in reaching her goal. I look forward to what our community can cook up! :D

I'm not sure if I'm crazy but 11/29 on P3P, Bebe asked to hang out over the weekend and then I accepted, but ended up going with Ryoji somehow? I might be going crazy.

Also, event sounds pretty cool, but I can't draw to save my life.

Just realized I screwed myself out of ryoji's s-link. crap

abrack08

To everyone submitting art, try to keep in mind the cause. Maybe shy away from something involving the cast using Evokers or anything like that. Probably not something that needs to be said, but just in case.

Unfortunately my art contribution would be crudely drawn stick figures, and not in that so-bad-it's-good kind of way, but count me in for a donation.

Busaiku

Man, I'm not a fan of the RNG in stuff like Attributes and Affection.
At least in stats, it's not the biggest deal, but those 2 really threw me for a loop while following a guide to the tee.

Setsu00

Hey guys,

So, yesterday I was speaking to the voice actress for Margaret, Michelle Ann Dunphy, about an upcoming charity event to aid the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Michelle will be organizing an auction/raffle, which will consist of Persona fan art signed by the voice actors and actresses of the game. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the charity.

In case some of you don't know, this is a charity close to Michelle's heart, as she once was a victim of bullying and suicidal thoughts.

You can read more about it here

Im sure some of us can relate to this, either personally, or through friends and family that have experienced similar issues.

Michelle has asked fans to donate some artwork for the auction. Since there are a number of us on here that like to draw, I thought it would be a good idea for us to submit some pieces.

If you're interested, then please submit your work to michelle@michelleann.com. The files need to be 300 dpi, a minimum of 3 MP = 2048 x 1536 pixels so that she can get them printed. Drawings can be in black and white or color. You can also include a personal artist bio to complement your work.

Id encourage everyone to take part, even if you're not particularly good at drawing. Alternatively, you could simply donate to the charity using the following link.

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

Thanks guys. :)

P.S, Michelle just messaged me and said she would also like to preview some of the work. Those that take part, perhaps we could to a post dump like we do with the "week of" sessions and send her the link?

Do you know when the deadline is? I would like to participate, but my schedule is pretty busy right now due to university.

Sorry for the lack of reply, I'm stuck on another 12 hour shift :(

I believe the event takes place mid November, so lets try and have the pieces ready by the end of October. First week of November latest. Ill update my initial post once I receive more info.

A MASSIVE Thank you to everyone taking part and to those that have already donated.

Sorry for the lack of reply, I'm stuck on another 12 hour shift :(

I believe the event takes place mid November, so lets try and have the pieces ready by the end of October. First week of November latest. Ill update my initial post once I receive more info.

A MASSIVE Thank you to everyone taking part and to those that have already donated.

This sounds pretty cool, I think I'll digitise my only original drawing and put that into the mix.

Michelle always did seem pretty awesome!

arue

Thanks for sharing this, Lelouch. I contacted her through Facebook and she wanted a picture of Margaret and Ayane since she voiced both characters. But I think everyone else who wants to contribute doesn't have to draw those two characters.

She also said that she plans to collect the art by mid-November, so be aware that the deadline is closer than you think!
Nevermind, you said this already.

Thanks for sharing this, Lelouch. I contacted her through Facebook and she wanted a picture of Margaret and Ayane since she voiced both characters. But I think everyone else who wants to contribute doesn't have to draw those two characters.

She also said that she plans to collect the art by mid-November, so be aware that the deadline is closer than you think!
Nevermind, you said this already.

Sweeeaaeeeet. Try not to show us up too much arue. I know how good you are at drawing :p

Change Relic just wrecked my day lol first boss with no weakness to knock down exploit. I feel like trying to keep Junpei alive in this fight is worthless as between poison and his weakness to wind he keep constantly dying. Will try again with an all defense approach of me mostly casting Cadenza/Dia/Items and letting Akihiko and Yukari do the attack work

Change Relic just wrecked my day lol first boss with no weakness to knock down exploit. I feel like trying to keep Junpei alive in this fight is worthless as between poison and his weakness to wind he keep constantly dying. Will try again with an all defense approach of me mostly casting Cadenza/Dia/Items and letting Akihiko and Yukari do the attack work

Yep, I think I remember the battle and I think it might be better not to bring Junpei at all, or let him die. In FES the good thing is that the enemy doesn't get an extra turn if it uses Magarula and hits Junpei (I think) but without direct control like in P3P you cannot tell him exactly what to do while alive. Not controlling your allies is a pain, so it means that your allies might waste turns trying to heal him unless you set them to assault (if they're the damage dealers then this doesn't matter). But Junpei contributes maybe a bit of damage at the beginning of the fight, or if you set him on support he'll probably end up healing himself alot. I think he might have rakukaja, but I'm not sure if he's smart enough to target Akihiko vs Yukari, assuming he uses it. Long story short, I don't think he contributes too much in this fight, and dies pretty easily. In my P3P playthrough (which probably isn't helpful to you because of changes in mechanics) I had Junpei cast rakukaja very occasionally when I felt like it would probably poison us that turn, have him cure poison, and deal damage on the enemy's last turn alive, but otherwise he just blocked.

You should use a wind resistant Persona, but if you're playing FES that might mean you can't use Cadenza as you planned (as you need to have one of the persona required for that spell out). You also might need to get a bit lucky, because if the enemy misses a poison spell, it is basically a free turn for you. It is likely to keep using poison spells until probably 2-4 members are poisoned, so you might be able to avoid taking damage from the more damaging wind spells if your team is mostly cured of poison (this is just my guess). Tartarus bosses can randomly spike in difficulty, with some bosses easy and others hard. I was recently playing and breezing through the bosses, and then I reached one that destroyed me because it involved 3 dancer type enemies that constantly used ailments, which resulted in pretty much my entire team charmed at one point.

Off topic, but what do you guys think of story-related events affecting the team? This mainly relates to P3, but I'm referring to
things like Shinji and his S-link being unavailable after October boss, Ryoji's slink requiring you to hang out literally each day he's available (~5 times?) to max, pretty much all of your team members disappearing for a while at some point in the story, persona evolutions being staggered resulting in some allies reaching the point that they can't learn anything new while other allies have better skills and resistances, Junpei being unavailable for a few bosses, etc.
. I personally think that although it makes sense, it is quite annoying at times, (I'm still a bit salty that I realized I screwed up Ryoji's S-link because I didn't know beforehand). I remember Mamba said he disliked training Junpei specifically because of that. If any of you played DDS2, this is also a pretty big problem in the middle of the game, in my opinion.

Meia

I vastly prefer for the game to have sudden stop points of Slinks for one reason or another, as it adds a bit to just what's going on at the time. You have the same issue in Danganronpa, where a character you're hanging out with/learning about can suddenly wind up dead at any time.

Off topic, but what do you guys think of story-related events affecting the team? This mainly relates to P3, but I'm referring to
things like Shinji and his S-link being unavailable after October boss, Ryoji's slink requiring you to hang out literally each day he's available (~5 times?) to max, pretty much all of your team members disappearing for a while at some point in the story, persona evolutions being staggered resulting in some allies reaching the point that they can't learn anything new while other allies have better skills and resistances, Junpei being unavailable for a few bosses, etc.
. I personally think that although it makes sense, it is quite annoying at times, (I'm still a bit salty that I realized I screwed up Ryoji's S-link because I didn't know beforehand). I remember Mamba said he disliked training Junpei specifically because of that. If any of you played DDS2, this is also a pretty big problem in the middle of the game, in my opinion.

This doesn't bother me that much, but I prefer that it not be taken as far as DDS2. I love the game, but it's so bad for this that even when I replay it I have a hard time keeping everyone at a skill level where I'm not feeling unfairly rendered helpless. I never really had a problem with P3's version of this because I played P3 and P4 in such a way that I was constantly rotating party members so everyone would be leveled and capable.

Edit: And a party member dying with me I losing the equipment they were wearing is a horrible thing I will complain about endlessly. Fortunately, I don't think any MegaTen games do this.

I think story events affecting your team line-up are fine. They add an extra challenge and usually aren't too ridiculous.

I vastly prefer for the game to have sudden stop points of Slinks for one reason or another, as it adds a bit to just what's going on at the time. You have the same issue in Danganronpa, where a character you're hanging out with/learning about can suddenly wind up dead at any time.

This doesn't bother me that much, but I prefer that it not be taken as far as DDS2. I love the game, but it's so bad for this that even when I replay it I have a hard time keeping everyone at a skill level where I'm not feeling unfairly rendered helpless. I never really had a problem with P3's version of this because I played P3 and P4 in such a way that I was constantly rotating party members so everyone would be leveled and capable.

Edit: And a party member dying with me I losing the equipment they were wearing is a horrible thing I will complain about endlessly. Fortunately, I don't think any MegaTen games do this.

OK, for me I spoiled myself and watched a whole lot of videos and then decided to play the games because I thought it looked good, so I knew ahead of time what was going to happen (outside Ryoji, but he's a special case and an S-link, my problem is more with the fact you have to hang out with him at every day necessary to max it, its not like a story-based time limit). However, I tend to train only certain characters, so if I went into the games blind I could see myself screwing myself over. For example in my first run through P3Fes I had Mitsuru, Aigis, Akihiko at around 80-90, yukari about 70-80, and everyone else far below that my first time through by endgame. I tried spreading the exp more for all the characters (including shinji and even junpei) in p3p, but I'm not sure if it was any better training all the characters vs just running with 3-4.

I think DDS2 was too far for my liking, even knowing vaguely when they would go. Your allies disappear half-way through the game and come for the end with level scaled to you but not skills. So I was running around with dynes, ma-dynes, the -kajas and -kundas, maybe even debilitate for one, and covering my weaknesses and generally good passives but they had -la skills and in general stuff that was 20-30 levels too low for them. I ended up giving them the passive for exp gain but their skills didn't really match until endgame, and after excessive grinding so I could face the extra bosses.

Meia

Well, there are guides that exist that allow you to do a max social link playthrough on a first run, and for the most part these try hard to avoid spoilers as much as possible(but just the nature of them will spoil somethings as they have to explicitly say when to max certain links by certain dates, so you know SOMETHING'S happening on those days), and there are some that only like doing those. There is a very valid feeling of really not knowing when something's about to happen to someone, and it does add more drama to the events as they happen.

As an example, both of my first times through the modern personas were only done with max social link guides, as I love the whole micro managing thing. However when Danganronpa came out(only reason I'm mentioning this in this example is it also has a "social link" system of sorts), I chose not to look for any guides whatsoever about it, and it really adds to things. "Oh great, the person I've been hanging out with just died in a horrific way/killed someone else I was also hanging out with, AWESOME!" It really added to the overall feelings you should be experiencing during those moments.

For the most part, in Persona 3 there are some times where you'll find yourself without a party member for a Full Moon fight, and you can worry that you're kind of screwed, then you realize "Oh wait, this month they just so happened to add a new party member to the group, and it just so happens that this party member can perform pretty well on the boss even slightly under leveled because their stats/abilities sync well with what I'm facing."

Yep, I think I remember the battle and I think it might be better not to bring Junpei at all, or let him die. In FES the good thing is that the enemy doesn't get an extra turn if it uses Magarula and hits Junpei (I think) but without direct control like in P3P you cannot tell him exactly what to do while alive. Not controlling your allies is a pain, so it means that your allies might waste turns trying to heal him unless you set them to assault (if they're the damage dealers then this doesn't matter). But Junpei contributes maybe a bit of damage at the beginning of the fight, or if you set him on support he'll probably end up healing himself alot. I think he might have rakukaja, but I'm not sure if he's smart enough to target Akihiko vs Yukari, assuming he uses it. Long story short, I don't think he contributes too much in this fight, and dies pretty easily. In my P3P playthrough (which probably isn't helpful to you because of changes in mechanics) I had Junpei cast rakukaja very occasionally when I felt like it would probably poison us that turn, have him cure poison, and deal damage on the enemy's last turn alive, but otherwise he just blocked.

You should use a wind resistant Persona, but if you're playing FES that might mean you can't use Cadenza as you planned (as you need to have one of the persona required for that spell out). You also might need to get a bit lucky, because if the enemy misses a poison spell, it is basically a free turn for you. It is likely to keep using poison spells until probably 2-4 members are poisoned, so you might be able to avoid taking damage from the more damaging wind spells if your team is mostly cured of poison (this is just my guess). Tartarus bosses can randomly spike in difficulty, with some bosses easy and others hard. I was recently playing and breezing through the bosses, and then I reached one that destroyed me because it involved 3 dancer type enemies that constantly used ailments, which resulted in pretty much my entire team charmed at one point.

Yep, got past the fight shortly after posting, just came down to luck and in the fight I won Yukari got targeted for most of the high level wind spells.

Actually got Fuuka to join the team, she's better at support but I don't care much for her compared to Miritsu, and Miritsu is comparetivley over leveled so she's sitting on the bench for awhile.

I'm also getting to that part where I feel like I should be using more persona, but my level 11 Lilium with zio/garu/agi/dark spell and occasionally archangel for bufu/hama pretty much stomp though most random encounters :X I have a high level jack torch that I haven't used as all he has is agi and a bunch of support moves. He will get the level 2 fire spell soon which will be nice I guess. Its hard to tell what to fuse as I don't want to fuse my star persona as nothing they fuse with can get more type coverage then what I'm already using

Well, there are guides that exist that allow you to do a max social link playthrough on a first run, and for the most part these try hard to avoid spoilers as much as possible(but just the nature of them will spoil somethings as they have to explicitly say when to max certain links by certain dates, so you know SOMETHING'S happening on those days), and there are some that only like doing those. There is a very valid feeling of really not knowing when something's about to happen to someone, and it does add more drama to the events as they happen.

As an example, both of my first times through the modern personas were only done with max social link guides, as I love the whole micro managing thing. However when Danganronpa came out(only reason I'm mentioning this in this example is it also has a "social link" system of sorts), I chose not to look for any guides whatsoever about it, and it really adds to things. "Oh great, the person I've been hanging out with just died in a horrific way/killed someone else I was also hanging out with, AWESOME!" It really added to the overall feelings you should be experiencing during those moments.

For the most part, in Persona 3 there are some times where you'll find yourself without a party member for a Full Moon fight, and you can worry that you're kind of screwed, then you realize "Oh wait, this month they just so happened to add a new party member to the group, and it just so happens that this party member can perform pretty well on the boss even slightly under leveled because their stats/abilities sync well with what I'm facing."

Well I suppose it adds to the feeling and emotion, though tbh I'm usually just as mad/sad(?) that I can't max an S-Link as I am with realizing that a character
died
/leaves (I know it's not the best way to simply view a character's
death
/disappearance as just an unfinished social link). It just bugs me for some reason, knowing that I could have maxed an s-link but won't be able to anymore. Doesn't really negatively affect game-play that much for me because a lot of personas suck and I only use ones that can carry the OP skills I want (ex: Thunder Reign, Vorpal Blade, etc.). Outside of DDS2 where your party members straight up leave and you're missing elemental damage/support/healing with who remains, I didn't have too much trouble when party members in P3, though its mainly because I didn't happen to use those specific ones who left.

I never completely followed a guide for a game because I wanted the feeling of accomplishing it somewhat by myself, I guess? For some reason I feel like I'm kind of cheating when I do. So even though I don't max everything, I feel more like I did it myself? Kinda sad to think I take pride? Even though I spoiled myself on the whole story before starting it.

Yep, got past the fight shortly after posting, just came down to luck and in the fight I won Yukari got targeted for most of the high level wind spells.

Actually got Fuuka to join the team, she's better at support but I don't care much for her compared to Miritsu, and Miritsu is comparetivley over leveled so she's sitting on the bench for awhile.

I'm also getting to that part where I feel like I should be using more persona, but my level 11 Lilium with zio/garu/agi/dark spell and occasionally archangel for bufu/hama pretty much stomp though most random encounters :X I have a high level jack torch that I haven't used as all he has is agi and a bunch of support moves. He will get the level 2 fire spell soon which will be nice I guess. Its hard to tell what to fuse as I don't want to fuse my star persona as nothing they fuse with can get more type coverage then what I'm already using

Nice. Though I assume by jack torch it's the one I know as Pyro Jack? And my first time through FES the beginning was hard/I didn't go to tartarus much, so I also had the problems of teammates joining about 3-10 levels above me.

Meia

Wanting to finish everything but being able to do so without a guide is probably one of the worst directions they could move into. :p

I'd still much rather have it be literally impossible to max every social link, but have every social link be double/triple the length of scenes they are now/have impact in the story.

Mdesilva

For shame, guys, I haven't seen any mention of this today at all!

Admittedly, I don't have a bunch of images on me right now, and am too tired to look for more, or to write anything meaningful :p So here's two recent favorites.

Happy birthday Yukari <3

Busaiku

So yeah, Void Quest was wonderful.
The music, the visuals, the design elements, all so good.

Not feeling Secret Laboratory at all though.
The colors make it hard to navigate, and they went back to the stairs having 2 doors that I hated from Steamy Bathhouse.

Happy birthday Yukari <3

I'll help by randomly going through Tumblr and finding random stuff. Because that's more interesting that doing a report I'm supposed to do for next week. Are these supposed to be good things, btw? I'm just posting random things involving her, nothing really flattering or anything like that. Anyways...

Admittedly, I don't have a bunch of images on me right now, and am too tired to look for more, or to write anything meaningful :p So here's two recent favorites.

Happy birthday Yukari <3

I'll help by randomly going through Tumblr and finding random stuff. Because that's more interesting that doing a report I'm supposed to do for next week. Are these supposed to be good things, btw? I'm just posting random things involving her, nothing really flattering or anything like that. Anyways...

Goooooood...

Also, my contribution here. P3 spoilers.

Top Bottom