• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Since we're talking about Shadow Teddie, I have a question for those who have played Ultimax:

(P4 spoilers)
The reason the Shadow Teddie in P4 looked and talked that way was because he was being possesed/was Ameno Sagiri, and that's why he kept talking about the fog and mysteries. Okay, so now, we have a Shadow Teddie in Ultimax, and judging by his design and the fact that Ameno Sagiri has no influence anymore, does the Shadow Teddie from Ultimax acts differently from the P4 one? Does he actually acts as a contrast for Teddie?

Also Shadow Rise best Shadow

FluxWaveZ

(P4 spoilers)
The reason the Shadow Teddie in P4 looked and talked that way was because he was being possesed/was Ameno Sagiri, and that's why he kept talking about the fog and mysteries.

I don't think that's true? What
Shadow Teddie states is that the truth will always be shrouded in fog (simply a metaphor, extending to the dilemma the IT is facing), which correlates to Teddie's internal struggle of his own identity and fear he will never truly know who/what he is, and that he might actually be better not finding out. I always thought the limit of Ameno-sagiri's influence during that scene was the Shadow Teddie's appearance, but Shadow Teddie was still completely Teddie's Shadow (hence why he could gain his Persona from it).

Ultimax Shadow Teddie still acts the same in vs. quotes, which is how it should be since a minor purpose of those Shadows are to resurface the internal struggles their originators once had (or still have). Ultimax Shadow Teddie in the story is a completely different thing, though.

Since we're talking about Shadow Teddie, I have a question for those who have played Ultimax:

(P4 spoilers)
The reason the Shadow Teddie in P4 looked and talked that way was because he was being possesed/was Ameno Sagiri, and that's why he kept talking about the fog and mysteries. Okay, so now, we have a Shadow Teddie in Ultimax, and judging by his design and the fact that Ameno Sagiri has no influence anymore, does the Shadow Teddie from Ultimax acts differently from the P4 one? Does he actually acts as a contrast for Teddie?

Also Shadow Rise best Shadow

The fact that Shadow Teddie's versus art features a slasher smile, it's pretty telling that they're different. Though I think that's less due to it not being posessed and more to the 'shadow versions' in Ultimax being knockoffs.

Also no. Shadow Labrys stopped me from turning off the TV.

I don't think that's true? What
Shadow Teddie states is that the truth will always be shrouded in fog (simply a metaphor, extending to the dilemma the IT is facing), which correlates to Teddie's internal struggle of his own identity and fear he will never truly know who/what he is, and that he might actually be better not finding out. I always thought the limit of Ameno-sagiri's influence during that scene was the Shadow Teddie's appearance, but Shadow Teddie was still completely Teddie's Shadow (hence why he could gain his Persona from it).

Ultimax Shadow Teddie still acts the same in vs. quotes, which is how it should be since a minor purpose of those Shadows are to resurface the internal struggles their originators once had (or still have). Ultimax Shadow Teddie in the story is a completely different thing, though.
The fact that Shadow Teddie's versus art features a slasher smile, it's pretty telling that they're different. Though I think that's less due to it not being posessed and more to the 'shadow versions' in Ultimax being knockoffs.

Also no. Shadow Labrys stopped me from turning off the TV.
Hmm, I always thought Ameno Sagiri was possesing Shadow Teddie and was giving a warning to the IT through him, but I can see the connection between the fog and Teddie's problems, and Teddie obtaining his Persona does supports your claim.

And that's interesting, thanks! If I remember right, during one of ATLUS USA's streams, one of Shadow Teddie's winning poses is doing the Ameno Sagiri expression, right?

FluxWaveZ

And that's interesting, thanks! If I remember right, during one of ATLUS USA's streams, one of Shadow Teddie's winning poses is doing the Ameno Sagiri expression, right?

No,
one of Shadow Teddie's win poses is his expression from Persona 4 before he goes berserk, which all of the P4 Shadows—who appeared in the original game—in Ultimax have as win poses.

Edit: Unless that's what you mean? Not sure what Ameno-sagiri's expression would be; he was a giant eyeball.

Related easter egg, though, is that a mini
Ameno-sagiri
will sometimes momentarily peek out of Marie's purse while she's yawning.

No,
one of Shadow Teddie's win poses is his expression from Persona 4 before he goes berserk, which all of the P4 Shadows—who appeared in the original game—in Ultimax have as win poses.

Edit: Unless that's what you mean? Not sure what Ameno-sagiri's expression would be; he was a giant eyeball.

Ameno-sagiri
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Marie's purse > Marie

No,

Ameno-sagiri

I think you said something like this, or maybe it was someone else, but I would have liked it if
Adachi's instant kill related to Ameno Sagiri possessing him, or Marie relating to the other Sagiri/evil Izanami. Like Adachi going all shadowy and Ameno Sagiri appears and firing his laserz. Or maybe some quote,
but that would require making the game non-canon, making time travel happen, or making the whole game occur in their imaginations/tricking everyone.

Still waiting for
Makoto DLC, Namatame awakening to his Izanagi, Mitsuo,
Fuuka evolution, Theo playable, Funky student playable, fox, Hanako and everything else so that every single character in the series is in arena :p . Except of course P1 and P2 cause they don't exist.

I think you said something like this, or maybe it was someone else, but I would have liked it if
Adachi's instant kill related to Ameno Sagiri possessing him, or Marie relating to the other Sagiri/evil Izanami. Like Adachi going all shadowy and Ameno Sagiri appears and firing his laserz. Or maybe some quote,
but that would require making the game non-canon, making time travel happen, or making the whole game occur in their imaginations/tricking everyone.

Still waiting for
Fuuka evolution, Theo playable, Funky student playable, fox, Hanako and everything else so that every single character in the series is in arena :p . Except of course P1 and P2 cause they don't exist.

I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't mind any of those.
Except for Fuuka. That would just be ridiculous.

Jeff playing the beginning of Persona 4: Golden, for fans of the Endurance Run.
Awesome!~ Chuck Tunoku. lol Haha, Jeff's expressions when he meets Marie.

Still waiting for
You're my favorite junior.

I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't mind any of those.
Except for Fuuka. That would just be ridiculous.

But what about bazooka Fuuka?

They could make Yu also be able to use Izanagi no-Okami in the next arena sometimes too, which he doesn't for unexplained reasons (similar to how Aigis loses Orpheus and gets Athena). And if they add Namatame with an Izanagi they could have 4 Izanagis, which could make a super awesome combo attack!

Awesome!~

You're my favorite junior.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Technically I've been lurking since OT3 though. I remember the good old days when Smed missed Rise's Christmas event.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, that definitely wasn't me. [Redacted]'s instant kill is the best in the game for me next to Shadow Labrys' and Minazuki's and, like you said, that wouldn't fit with the story. And Marie's insta-kill is perfect in that sense, too.

Ultimax's roster is big, so it's not like the series is lacking there, but I think the only characters they could and would really add now are Theodore and Fuuka. Kikuno's probably the weirdest they would be willing to go with a choice, right after Fuuka. Makoto's a no-go. I suppose they could add Chidori... depending on stuff. Can't say any of the feasible ones would be the most exciting of inclusions, except for probably Chidori.

B0NFn1uIUAAjncL.png

Caladrius

Same for me. PersonaGAF is the reason I joined GAF in the first place. I wonder why Smed doesn't come here anymore.

Some of us have trouble finding a lot to say that's relevant to the conversation. Or at least that's why I post much less often than I used to. (That and I have a lot of things that I want/need to do nowadays.)

Same for me. PersonaGAF is the reason I joined GAF in the first place. I wonder why Smed doesn't come here anymore.

Yeah, I joined because of that too. And the only reason I found that was because I was googling things about P4 cast and got to OT3 because it had Yukiko in the title :p I don't know what happened to Smed, I don't think he got banned. Probably moved on to another series/game?

Nah, that definitely wasn't me. [Redacted]'s instant kill is the best in the game for me next to Shadow Labrys' and Minazuki's and, like you said, that wouldn't fit with the story. And Marie's insta-kill is perfect in that sense, too.

Ultimax's roster is big, so it's not like the series is lacking there, but I think the only characters they could and would really add now are Theodore and Fuuka. Kikuno's probably the weirdest they would be willing to go with a choice, right after Fuuka. Makoto's a no-go. I suppose they could add Chidori... depending on stuff. Can't say any of the feasible ones would be the most exciting of inclusions, except for probably Chidori.

I like REDACTED (WHOOPS SORRY) too, probably tied with Minazuki's for top. Though I just like Adachi in general, especially his quotes. Minazuki's is cool too, though it's like double the length of everyone else's, and is unnecessarily long for the beginning of the animation. Shabrys's is OK, but I don't like how the final hit is generally the finishing blow and her 'final blow' is just the gate closing.

I wasn't actually too serious with the list I made, especially since Arena is canon (unless they change that for the next game). Though I always wondered about
Namatame's Izanagi's appearance, considering they already have (a) 'good/noble' one(s) and an 'evil' one
. I wouldn't mind another villain, not including the shadows.

I recently saw it on Tumblr that considering PQ is canon, that means that it is also canon that Yosuke and Kanji kiss like in the trailer.

Some of us have trouble finding a lot to say that's relevant to the conversation. Or at least that's why I post much less often than I used to. (That and I have a lot of things that I want/need to do nowadays.)

I'm guilty of this. Especially with all the pictures I post. Spend too much time looking at pictures on Tumblr now since I got it recently.

I can understand. But by the end of the year we will have Ultimax and/or Q to talk about and 5 and DAN to look forward to, so hopefully the community gets revived a bit.
Yeah, I joined because of that too. And the only reason I found that was because I was googling things about P4 cast and got to OT3 because it had Yukiko in the title :p I don't know what happened to Smed, I don't think he got banned. Probably moved on to another series/game?

I recently saw it on Tumblr that considering PQ is canon, that means that it is also canon that Yosuke and Kanji kiss like in the trailer.
I think I have seen him in some fighting threads. I'm pretty sure he still hangs around in the IRC. Also, (P4 spoilers)
spoiler tag Adachi's name.

True, but there are two routes in the game, so unless it happens in both, it may be not canon.

Going through the True Ending for Ultimax and, I admit, Sho's starting to sit easier with me. Looks like Takaya's back as my hate sink.

EDIT: Also, PQ's routes don't appear to contradict each other like Arena and Ultimax do. They just determine which group you start out with and which MC doesn't get any lines.

EDIT2: Conversely, 10 minutes into REDACTED's chapter, and I've never loved them more!

I can understand. But by the end of the year we will have Ultimax and/or Q to talk about and 5 and DAN to look forward to, so hopefully the community gets revived a bit.

I think I have seen him in some fighting threads. I'm pretty sure he still hangs around in the IRC. Also, (P4 spoilers)
spoiler tag Adachi's name.

True, but there are two routes in the game, so unless it happens in both, it may be not canon.

Sorry, changed it.

Going through the True Ending for Ultimax and, I admit, Sho's starting to sit easier with me. Looks like Takaya's back as my hate sink.

Actually nvm that might be a P4AU spoiler. Insignificant plot-wise, but still.

He's probably busy with life like I am. It's also why I haven't been too active as of late, I have college, homework, friends, family, socializing, and heck I just went to a con a few weeks back, funny enough Ultimax came out the Tuesday after the con, and I was pretty burned out by that after all was said and done. It's not that were not trying to avoid having a conversation here on PersonaGAF, it's just that all of us have a life outside of here so that means we may not always be able to post as often as we would like to.

Nah it's cool, we're not mad or anything. Wish I had motivation to do anything really :/. Or maybe stop procrastinating?

He's probably busy with life like I am. It's also why I haven't been too active as of late, I have college, homework, friends, family, socializing, and heck I just went to a con a few weeks back, funny enough Ultimax came out the Tuesday after the con, and I was pretty burned out by that after all was said and done. It's not that were not trying to avoid having a conversation here on PersonaGAF, it's just that all of us have a life outside of here so that means we may not always be able to post as often as we would like to.

There's a fair few people in the community who only post in here on occasion, you can usually find us in the IRC chat the majority of the time though.

I try to only post when I have something of actual worth to say, I'm not one for speculation usually so even though I check this thread a multitude of times every day, I'll only post something if I think it's worth reading.

That being said, to all new(ish) members, stop by the irc sometime, there's always someone in there to chat with and it's a good place to get some fights going on arena/ultimax if you want some.

edit: also twitter, we're always on twitter!

I wonder if Ultimax was made purely to get people to move on to P5.
If nothing else, I want emancipation from all the "bonds"!

In a totally unrelated matter, who's up for the Persona Ultimax drinking game?

FluxWaveZ

I was using bonds as a double entendre.

Also, it's possible P4D will come out after P5, won't it?

I still don't get how seeking equality from bonds works there, but alright.

It's possible, but I don't think it's probable, considering the information that is out there for both games as well as the original release windows, in addition to thinking logically and how they wouldn't want to overshadow P4D with their biggest Persona release in history.

P4U
I mean I want to be taken away from a game that beats me over the head with bonds to such a degree that the term effectively means nothing.

Ah, now I get it. Was too preoccupied with a different use of the term; thanks (I have a thing for word usage).

I still don't get how seeking equality from bonds works there, but alright.

It's possible, but I don't think it's probable, considering the information that is out there for both games as well as the original release windows, in addition to thinking logically and how they wouldn't want to overshadow P4D with their biggest Persona release in history.
P4U
I mean I want a new Persona game that doesn't beats me over the head with bonds to such a degree that the term effectively means nothing. I want emancipation from that, savvy?

Sophia

Pulled this from Arthellinus's Game Mechanics guide. It's for vanilla Persona 3 tho, but I imagine it's probably the same across all versions of P3/P4.

St: Strength. Affects the power of physical attacks.
Ma: Magic. Affects the power of magic attacks.
En: Endurance. Affects defense against attacks.
Ag: Agility. Affects attack accuracy and evasion against normal (physical or
magic) attacks.
Lu: Luck. Affects chances of performing critical hits and evasion against
special (status effect and instant-kill) attacks.

Arthellinus used to have a Persona 3 FES and vanilla Persona 4 version of the guide too, but for whatever reason they've been removed.

Busaiku

Fusion Forecast says I get Bonus Social Link EXP.
Does this only apply to the Persona card I make? Or does everything get a boost?

Pulled this from Arthellinus's Game Mechanics guide. It's for vanilla Persona 3 tho, but I imagine it's probably the same across all versions of P3/P4.

Arthellinus used to have a Persona 3 FES and vanilla Persona 4 version of the guide too, but for whatever reason they've been removed.

OK, I remember the only thing I could ever find with regards to stats was the damage formula in P4. I remember on gamefaqs I read luck affects the rarity of things in chests and I became kind of skeptical :p

Edit: What's the IRC again? Some chat right?

Tirod

Hey PersonaGAF, just got a PSTV and finally playing Golden for the first time. Any veterans know if Sandman is still a potential shuffle time reward from the first floor of Yukiko's Castle?

Trying to make the most of my time on my Hard playthrough, and I've been in here for awhile now with no Sandman. :x

Sophia

OK, I remember the only thing I could ever find with regards to stats was the damage formula in P4. I remember on gamefaqs I read luck affects the rarity of things in chests and I became kind of skeptical :p

Edit: What's the IRC again? Some chat right?

Yeah it's a chatroom. IRC is short for "Internet Relay Chat" and it's been around for quite some time. We moved over there from Steam chat after Steam kept causing an insane amount of issues, and was inaccessible from mobile. You can either use one of the two links in the first post of this topic for a web client. Or you can connect manually using your own client. HexChat is one such client.

FluxWaveZ

Hey, I also got a question for PersonaGAF (sorry, I have no idea concerning yours, Tirod): why does it say October 28th on the last page of the #September issue of PM? Is something Persona related happening on that date that I'm not aware of?

Edit: Hm, no one here probably knows. It also says "Next Persona Magazine" in large words, with a smaller description below it on the same page. Will have to look into.

Tirod

Hey, I also got a question for PersonaGAF (sorry, I have no idea concerning yours, Tirod): why does it say October 28th on the last page of the #September issue of PM? Is something Persona related happening on that date that I'm not aware of?

It's cool, I finally got Sandman just now.

RNG just hated me. Time to finally go up a floor.

Yeah, it's on the first page.

Yeah it's a chatroom. IRC is short for "Internet Relay Chat" and it's been around for quite some time. We moved over there from Steam chat after Steam kept causing an insane amount of issues, and was inaccessible from mobile. You can either use one of the two links in the first post of this topic for a web client. Or you can connect manually using your own client. HexChat is one such client.

OK thanks, wasn't sure. I googled it and couldn't find out but now I realized I typed in IRCC instead. Thanks.

Caladrius

I still wish Persona 5 had been green. :[

Honestly, the cost is what blew my mind. Then again, it's not like they've got competition.

That still pisses me off immensely. Sony had to stick some proprietary bullshit onto what's otherwise a perfectly serviceable product.

You know what I could buy with 80 dollars instead of a memory stick

SOME FUCKING GAMES

Nimby

Banned
That still pisses me off immensely. Sony had to stick some proprietary bullshit onto what's otherwise a perfectly serviceable product.

You know what I could buy with 80 dollars instead of a memory stick

SOME FUCKING GAMES

I do not have a Vita nor do I know much about the system, but 80 FUCKING DOLLARS?!! That's the price of PQ, and lemme guess, the Vita has some piss poor storage so you pretty much have to buy an extra?

Caladrius

I do not have a Vita nor do I know much about the system, but 80 FUCKING DOLLARS?!! That's the price of PQ, and lemme guess, the Vita has some piss poor storage so you pretty much have to buy an extra?

80 USD is for the 64GB card. Vita games range from ~1-7 GB.

The vita has no internal memory, though IIRC all units come bundled with an 8GB card, (which holds maybe 3 Vita games and a PSP one.)

If you want to do any significant amount of digital purchases you basically NEED to buy a large memory stick.

Top Bottom