• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

LX_Theo

Banned
If anyone could clarify, it would be appreciated, but I'm guessing that we're supposed to post more 'flattering' or 'pretty' pictures and stuff. Not really the stuff I posted before previously.

What, for the character's birthday? I don't think it matters. Its just a small celebration of the character in whatever way you deem fitting of them via the pictures.

Funny pictures and such pose no issue.

Best girl's birthday uh :p I found this one the other day while browsing the web for persona 3 images for my presentation, and found this one, I know we have a lot of Danganronpa fans here:

tumblr_mrmtp3Iey51r8x55lo1_r1_500.png

What, for the character's birthday? I don't think it matters. Its just a small celebration of the character in whatever way you deem fitting of them via the pictures.

Funny pictures and such pose no issue.

Had to go through a lot of ... 'interesting' pictures on Tumblr to find something that I thought was good to post. Lots of these pictures involved Mitsuru for some reason?

I'll answer ya in the DR2 thread.

Gotta love the P3 manga. I think scans of mangas are against the rules of NeoGAF, though.

OK sorry, didn't know. I'll remove it.

Why only Yu and Rise? I'm just going to dump all this arena sprite stuff I saw on Tumblr...

Lewd

Shame we end up with so much Rise right after Yukari's birthday. And
I dislike Rise in Arena for some reason, even though she wasn't bad in P4.

Tamanon

Banned
Jeff at Giant Bomb was understandably confused during the first scene of P4G when it was a little different from what he had played.

lvuHlMB.gif

Jeff at Giant Bomb was understandably confused during the first scene of P4G when it was a little different from what he had played.

lvuHlMB.gif

I don't get it. Did he go into this version not knowing there were additional scenes and a new character? I mean, that would be pretty hard to miss, especially Marie.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't get it. Did he go into this version not knowing there were additional scenes and a new character? I mean, that would be pretty hard to miss, especially Marie.

He went in pretty blind to test P4G on the Playstation TV. I'm sure he had heard there were changes but was pretty used to knowing how the first few hours went.

If I'm properly understanding what's happening here, this is incredible

Pepsiman stated in regards to the picture that :

"This plot thread would have improved parts of my P4AU review immensely had it been in the game. Alas."

Also Junpei Io ri.
And Sho Ryu Ken

All the persona games get mangas right? So Q, Ultimax, and DAN?

Pepsiman stated in regards to the picture that :

"This plot thread would have improved parts of my P4AU review immensely had it been in the game. Alas."

Also Junpei Io ri.
And Sho Ryu Ken

All the persona games get mangas right? So Q, Ultimax, and DAN?

If I'm not mistaken, Q has one.

...Really?

That's a lot less funny than I was expecting, to be honest.

It's a pretty overdone meme tbh, and I don't think it was ever particularly funny. The original comic is deplorable and awful though, so I guess some humour can be found in how hard the author failed to deliver dramatic content.

What a weird thing to meme. Was it just a dramatic device for CAD or were they coping with a real life scenario?

From what I understand having never read an entry of CAD in my life, it was just an attempt to create drama in the comic that went WAY too far. The comic's also known for being sexist and racist though, so insensitivity was nothing new.

Dantis

What a weird thing to meme. Was it just a dramatic device for CAD or were they coping with a real life scenario?

It was a dramatic device in CAD. The writer/artist wanted to be move beyond comedy and did that classic thing where he got up into writing his own story and dropped the funnies, similar to things like Red vs Blue.

Because he's a bit of a dickhead, people acted like it was the most offensive thing ever, when really it was just kind of bad.

From what I understand having never read an entry of CAD in my life, it was just an attempt to create drama in the comic that went WAY too far. The comic's also known for being sexist and racist though, so insensitivity was nothing new.

This feels like an exaggeration.

It was a dramatic device in CAD. The writer/artist wanted did that classic thing where he got up into writing his own story and dropped the funnies, similar to things like Red vs Blue.

Because he's a bit of a dickhead, people acted like it was the most offensive thing ever, when really it was just kind of bad.

This feels like an exaggeration.

To give the guy some credit, his strips representing the console war have been funny so far.

So are Mudo and Hama useless and is there any actual spells that can deal light/dark damage? I keep running into things weak to light/dark and hama/mudo are just instant kill attacks that always miss

Dantis

So are Mudo and Hama useless and is there any actual spells that can deal light/dark damage? I keep running into things weak to light/dark and hama/mudo are just instant kill attacks that always miss

They have a higher chance of hitting enemies that are weak to them, I believe.

And no. No attacks do light or dark damage.

Nap1400

They have a higher chance of hitting enemies that are weak to them, I believe.

And no. No attacks do light or dark damage.

Not so in Persona 3. All they do is cause a One More! if they hit. It's in Persona 4 that they have a higher chance of hitting.

And yeah, for Persona 3 and 4 all light and dark attacks are insta-kill attacks. There are some Light/Dark attacks in some other MegaTen games (in those cases Expel/Death), but Hama and Mudo are almost always instakill regardless.

Meia

General rule of thumb is Hama/Mudo spells only really become decent on personas that learn "Hama Boost/Mudo Boost", as it increases the odds of it hitting an enemy. You also have to take into account the level of these spells when it comes to success rate. Hama is your basic spell that has a low chance, Hamaon is the next level up and has a medium chance, then you have Samsara which has a high chance(Mudo, Mudoon, Die for Me! for the dark tree). And yes, what Dantis says is true: Since the spells never do any damage(yes, in modern persona they're "all or nothing" spells, in earlier ones they do damage too), if you attack something weak to it, it will have a higher chance of landing regardless of level(this also works against you if you have a persona weak to an ability, so be very careful).

Samsara and Die for Me! are party wide spells with high chance, and both personas they are on can somewhat easily get the appropriate Hama/Mudo boost ability to make them ALWAYS land, so you can easily clear out whole blocks with just those two personas.

PK Gaming

1) Not useless per say, but generally pretty situational (you should mainly use them against shadows that are weak to those skills). Certain Personas have builds that make them efficient at clearing mobs (Such as Mahamaon/Mamudoon with the Hama Boost/Mudo Boost skill). Moreso in Persona 4 since instant kill rates are higher in 4.

2) There are Light/Dark skills that deal damage. They are called God's Judgement/Hell's judgement, and they're exceedingly rare, since I believe they're fusion forescast spells.

Didn't light and dark spells cause damage in P1 and P2? Or was I hearing things?

They did. I think they were like 3 types of hama/mudo spells, haha.

Top Bottom