• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

tumblr_ndcoi68rGV1r9b5wlo2_500.png

tumblr_ndcoi68rGV1r9b5wlo3_500.png

tumblr_ndcoi68rGV1r9b5wlo4_500.png

tumblr_ndcoi68rGV1r9b5wlo5_500.png

It's... it's Makoto. That's Makoto from Persona 3.

What is Makoto doing in my anime.

Finally mastered the Magician social link, now Kenji can stop calling me every other god damn night and bothering me during lunch, gosh he was annoying

Good job with the podcast episode. P3/P4 spoilers
I admit I am a bit of an Adachi fan myself, I guess because he's a villain, he doesn't go on about bonds, and he's goofy yet still evil(?) at the same time. And with regards to P3 Hero, I wouldn't want him to actually come back from a story point of view. Though I think he could be an interesting fighter in an arena game. However, the only way would be like a shadow-ish version of him, kind of like what happened in the answer I guess. Doubt it will happen.

Good job with the podcast episode. P3/P4 spoilers
I admit I am a bit of an Adachi fan myself, I guess because he's a villain, he doesn't go on about bonds, and he's goofy yet still evil(?) at the same time. And with regards to P3 Hero, I wouldn't want him to actually come back from a story point of view. Though I think he could be an interesting fighter in an arena game. However, the only way would be like a shadow-ish version of him, kind of like what happened in the answer I guess. Doubt it will happen.

To be fair (P3/4)
using fakes would allow for pretty much everyone living or dead to get added to the roster. That or just making all the s-links into persona users.
Though both of those are doubtful since they decided to make up Sho instead.
ugh..

Marche90

Thanks. I just found out that it wasn't a parody episode or anything. The character design itself looks very similar to P3MC.

If the mangaka didn't had Makoto in mind when making that character's design, I'll eat my hat.

Not that I have one, but w/e

To be fair (P3/4)
using fakes would allow for pretty much everyone living or dead to get added to the roster. That or just making all the s-links into persona users.
Though both of those are doubtful since they decided to make up Sho instead.
ugh..

Yeah, but I assume there is high demand to have him in, as compared to others, (funky student, fox, theo, etc.) but there's really no other way for him to appear.
Plus it might be interesting to have his shadow so the cast can see the bad thoughts he had while he was alive, but that would be a huge leap from his involvement/mentioning in the story now, where he doesn't even have a name.
Of course I'm not even sure if the next arena game will feature the same cast in the future. They might eventually drop the P3 and P4 cast once they get too old. Though I did remember people saying they wanted an FPS Aigis game, so they could resort to other spinoffs featuring the older casts if they felt like it...

Also, is there actually a reason why they needed a shadow version of labrys and the shadow labrys from P4A? Why not just use the original shadow instead?
I'm guessing gameplay reasons, but then it's not like Shos, Elizabeth, Marge, Redacted or Marie have shadow versions.

FluxWaveZ

Also, is there actually a reason why they needed a shadow version of labrys and the shadow labrys from P4A? Why not just use the original shadow instead?
I'm guessing gameplay reasons, but then it's not like Shos, Elizabeth, Marge, Redacted or Marie have shadow versions.

Story. "Shadow" Labrys and Shadow Labrys are entirely different entities. Their voices are even different.

Story. "Shadow" Labrys and Shadow Labrys are entirely different entities. Their voices are even different.

Oh I see, didn't know their voices were different. Though they could probably make something up for that, because from what I understand
her justification for being in the story is kind of bad anyways. It's just kind of annoying when I'm just looking stuff up with little way to differentiate between them. I guess it's kind of like Sho and Minazuki.

Further reinforcing the fact that
the shadow versions in ultimax are cheap knockoffs and nowhere near as interesting.

Though that does make it all the more satisfying when
the real Shadow Labrys shows up to wipe the floor with Sho.

...I think Shadow Labrys is now my spirit animal.

FluxWaveZ

Though they could probably make something up for that, because from what I understand
her justification for being in the story is kind of bad anyways.

The justification was fine, and it brought about one of the best moments in the entire game, so I'd rather what they did.

Nimby

Banned
Further reinforcing the fact that
the shadow versions in ultimax are cheap knockoffs and nowhere near as interesting.

And they will remain as 'cheap knockoffs' until I can play Shadow Rise in a bikini and Shadow Kanji in a bath towel.

I guess I'm just 3D-fighter-spoiled and wish characters had alternate costumes instead of just palette swaps.

FluxWaveZ

And they will remain as 'cheap knockoffs' until I can play Shadow Rise in a bikini and Shadow Kanji in a bath towel.

A bunch of work was put into the Shadows aesthetically, from new intro and victory animations, to different voice clips, to different portraits. They could have been far more shoddy in that sense, especially for something that could have been limited to swapping eye colors and adding a blue aura like in P4A.

Nimby

Banned
A bunch of work was put into the Shadows aesthetically, from new intro and victory animations, to different voice clips, to different portraits. They could have been far more shoddy in that sense, especially for something that could have been limited to swapping eye colors and adding a blue aura like in P4A.

Yeah, that's what I would have expected actually. I think it would be cool for a true 2D-fighter to have costumes and customization like a 3D-fighter though. But it doesn't seem entirely reasonable because you would essentially have to redraw all the sprites.

Are there any canon pairs in Persona 3 or 4? Or do they leave everything open so that fans don't get upset?
For P4? No, but there is Rise liking P4MC and Kanji liking Naoto.
For P3? I'm not sure in which part of the game you are but just spoiling it for safety.
There's Junpei and Chidori. And Aigis, Yukari and Elizabeth eventually develop feelings for P3MC, but there's no canon pair either.

FluxWaveZ

I think it would be cool for a true 2D-fighter to have costumes and customization like a 3D-fighter though. But it doesn't seem entirely reasonable because you would essentially have to redraw all the sprites.

Indeed, which is partly why I am for ASW's foray into full on, beautiful 3D models with Xrd, which immensely facilitate the inclusion of alternate costumes like Capcom has done with their modern games. It also makes whatever future Arena has more intriguing.

They leave it open.

For P3? I'm not sure in which part of the game you are but just spoiling it for safety.

So some canon feelings towards the MC but not much else? Gotcha thanks

I just finished the Hierophant/Lovers Full Moon boss and got the feeling Akihiko x Miritsu could be somewhat of a canon thing as in most of the full moon events so far they are depicted together (Akihiko leaps to her and MC leaps to Yukari in the Emperor/Empress FM, Akihko gets paired with charmed Miritsu for the shower temptation)

Edit: I guess Akihiko and Miritsu don't HAVE to be together as you could have taken Junpei... but I'm gonna ignore that

So some canon feelings towards the MC but not much else? Gotcha thanks

I just finished the Hierophant/Lovers Full Moon boss and got the feeling Akihiko x Miritsu could be somewhat of a canon thing as in most of the full moon events so far they are depicted together (Akihiko leaps to her and MC leaps to Yukari in the Emperor/Empress FM, Akihko gets paired with charmed Miritsu for the shower temptation)

Edit: I guess Akihiko and Miritsu don't HAVE to be together as you could have taken Junpei... but I'm gonna ignore that
Well, in the Hierophant/Lovers Full Moon if you make your party MC/Yukari/Akihiko/Junpei the shower pairing will be different. lol

Jonnax

I kinda felt that especially in Golden the game seems to have neutral pairings of ChiexYosuke, MCxRise NaotoxKanji, TeddiexYukiko. Which are hinted at but not really overt because of the whole blank slate protagonist.

If you look at the ski trip cutscene, I think that highlights it.
Also the true ending
I recall that Naoto wears Kanji's bullet necklace which I think is an implied pairing, there's probably other things like that in that epilogue because of course Marie is the true love of the protagonist. Lol

The thing is we could discuss the fine points until Nandi comes home.

X implies YZ. X is best Y.
Still not as tired of it as the word "bonds". That shit's become my trigger.

Well, in the Hierophant/Lovers Full Moon if you make your party MC/Yukari/Akihiko/Junpei the shower pairing will be different. lol

Akihiko x Junpei OTP fujoshi fans start sweating fiercely

Also what the hell is wrong with the MC of this game? A little girl informs him that she was struck by her father, and that she's planning to run away... AND HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING... maybe he will in the next part of the social link...

Soulflarz

Banned

Also what the hell is wrong with the MC of this game? A little girl informs him that she was struck by her father, and that she's planning to run away... AND HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING... maybe he will in the next part of the social link...

Persona is all about a sociopath, he probably didnt see any use for a little girl.

One can not simply comprehend the amount of fucks P3MC doesn't give.

PK Gaming

Persona 3's writing can get a little spotty. As much as I like them, many of the P3 vanilla social links suffer from being out of touch with reality at times.

Kazzy

Hm, probably because I ignore pre-release trailers (well, as much as I can), but that above PQ trailer has made me realize how ugly that game looks. The artwork had a charm to it - but emulated within that game engine? Horrific...

HAHAHAHAHA

No way

I was wondering, but the level 8 Online Game Social Link basically confirmed my suspicion that Maya is actually that female teacher and apparently she also has a crush on the MC. Persona 3 PLZ

Edit: Oh and then she just name dropped the MC right after I posted this, whelp lol

I think you should spoiler tag that
Hm, probably because I ignore pre-release trailers (well, as much as I can), but that above PQ trailer has made me realize how ugly that game looks. The artwork had a charm to it - but emulated within that game engine? Horrific...
The way the model of Teddie talks and moves is so funny. lol

Top Bottom