• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't the fact that it was both dual-text and dual-audio the reason why it was region locked in the first place? You could get the same game at two radically different price points with next to no delay.

Hm, well, remembering back, I guess I might have known that the English version had dual-text... I think? It was probably a factor, yeah, but I think things were more complicated surrounding that.

Meia

...Huh. Wonder if that's going to be the case this time, too. I wasn't planning to import to play the story, but if it was going to be dual-text again I might as well. Would still buy an NA version copy, though.

Also, it was pointed out a while back in P4A discussions, but it's funny to me how the P4A announcer VA is the same as the Malevolvent Entity VA (via GameFAQs):

Wait.

The VA is the same as those, but is that also the case for {PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS}
Nyarlathotep from P2: IS/EP also having the same VA? I thought that was the origination of a lot of the theories that the ME and Nyarl were one in the same?

kewlmyc

It was dual-text, yes.

...Huh. Wonder if that's going to be the case this time, too. I wasn't planning to import to play the story, but if it was going to be dual-text again I might as well. Would still buy an NA version copy, though.

Also, it was pointed out a while back in P4A discussions, but it's funny to me how the P4A announcer VA is the same as the Malevolvent Entity VA (via GameFAQs):

Wasn't the fact that it was both dual-text and dual-audio the reason why it was region locked in the first place? You could get the same game at two radically different price points with next to no delay.

Hm, well, remembering back, I guess I might have known that the English version had dual-text... I think? It was probably a factor, yeah, but I think things were more complicated surrounding that.

Eh.... I'll go ahead and order it anyway. Worst case scenario, I'll be able to practice with the DLC character before the rest of you. :p

The VA is the same as those, but is that also the case for {PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS}
Nyarlathotep from P2: IS/EP also having the same VA? I thought that was the origination of a lot of the theories that the ME and Nyarl were one in the same?

Patrick Seitz done the ENG voice in P2, I don't know about P1. And that was the original basis for the ME theories.

FluxWaveZ

Wait.

Things are crazy about that theory. As far as I know, that
Nyarl
VA theory was wrong because the ME voice actors were actually different and didn't match, but it might be right?

If Seitz actually did the P2:IS VA, then I think it lends credence to that theory. I think the VA identification comes from that one scene at the end of Labrys' story where the guy's talking normally and is all "Just as planned."

Setsu00

Things are crazy about that theory. As far as I know, that
Nyarl
VA theory was wrong because the voice actors were actually different and didn't match, but it might be right?

I always assumed that the problem was the Japanese VA for
Nyarlathotep in Persona 2
since he's someone else.

Edit:
Nyarlathotep
was voiced by Jin Yamanoi according to Wikipedia.

If Seitz actually did the P2:IS VA, then I think it lends credence to that theory. I think the VA identification comes from that one scene at the end of Labrys' story where the guy's talking normally and is all "Just as planned."

since he's someone else.

There's also the shadows in P4AU being more similar to those
created by Nyarly.

But at the end of the day it's pure fan speculation.

One that I hope turns out to be true.

Levito

Banned
Soejima's artwork is honestly one of the most appealing things about the franchise to me. One of the reasons I even picked up P3 back in the day was because I was so draw to the watercolor artwork.

FluxWaveZ

since he's someone else.

Edit:
Nyarlathotep
was voiced by Jin Yamanoi according to Wikipedia.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The VA theory doesn't work for that character because the ME and
Nyarl
VAs don't match. It's still interesting to think that the one who's acting as the announcer for the P-1 GP and the P-1 Climax might actually be the one behind everything.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The VA theory doesn't work for that character because the ME and
Nyarl
VAs don't match. It's still interesting to think that the one who's acting as the announcer for the P-1 GP and the P-1 Climax might actually be the one behind everything.

The one thing that confuses me about this is that people were so set on the JP voice actors being the same. Is it possible that, similar to the ENG VA, they changed it for the IS portable version?

I can't find a credits list to check myself.

Setsu00

The one thing that confuses me about this is that people were so set on the JP voice actors being the same. Is it possible that, similar to the ENG VA, they changed it for the IS portable version?

I can't find a credits list to check myself.

I don't think they did that, but I can't confirm it. I believe though that they reused the old voice files from the original game for the entire Japanese cast, but I'm not sure about that.

Mdesilva

This voice actor theory is really silly, guys. Persona 2 came out, what, twenty years ago? More? It's not really out of the question for them to have changed the CV. Even though it's Japan, and they rarely do that, it'd make sense as it's been a really long time.

FluxWaveZ

This voice actor theory is really silly, guys. Persona 2 came out, what, twenty years ago? More? It's not really out of the question for them to have changed the CV. Even though it's Japan, and they rarely do that, it'd make sense as it's been a really long time.

I don't think anyone's saying a VA mismatch prevents it from being that character.

kewlmyc

A unseen enemy who likes to toy with Persona users but doesn't have a body of his own has the same voice actor in both languages as a unseen enemy who likes to toy with Persona users but doesn't have a body of his own in a previous entry of the same series. Out of all the Persona related theories, this is one of the least silly.

Mdesilva

A unseen enemy who likes to toy with Persona users but doesn't have a body of his own has the same voice actor in both languages as a unseen enemy who likes to toy with Persona users but doesn't have a body of his own in a previous entry of the same series. Out of all the Persona related theories, this is one of the least silly.
It's a different VA in Japanese, or at least that's what Setsu said.

Levito

Banned

Yeah, there's actual evidence behind this theory. Can totally see it being true.

biodude

Neo Member
kr0npr1nz does it again
naoto_shirogane_sketch_by_kr0npr1nz-d7slx84.jpg

Got to say, I've liked the majority of this persons art but I'm not a fan of that naoto pic.

She just looks too cutesy. Not really what I associate with the character.

Squire

Banned
Soejima's artwork is honestly one of the most appealing things about the franchise to me. One of the reasons I even picked up P3 back in the day was because I was so draw to the watercolor artwork.

They have no reason to switch from him, either. His art is popular and converts into merchandise well, while still looking fairly unique.

Setsu00

They had no reason to take Kaneko off lead but they did. Change is good.

Kaneko mentioned in an interview that he felt that his visual style didn't fit the nature of Persona anymore. There's also the rumor that Kaneko dislikes games that put emphasis on the social stuff.

He drew the manga adaptions for P3 and P4.
Hm...

Having looked up their art, I have a resounding answer to the idea of them replacing Soejima: no. Looks decent enough to make a consistent looking comic book, but to base a Persona's art direction and character design on their art style is a big fat no. Too generic looking.

Top Bottom