• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

No, he only did the cover for that one (as well as the one for the P4G anthology). The actual content was done by various other artists.

Ah, is that right. Nice to know; I suppose he did the covers for the P3 and P4 anthology comics, too. He's going to be doing the cover for the P4GA Dengeki issue, as well.

Only when it makes things better. I think Soejima is a better artist than Kaneko. We don't know of anyone Atlus could hire at present that's better than Soejima. Or at least I don't.

I disagree that he is the better artist, but I think Soejima is perfect for Persona and Kaneko thought so too. He is off Persona by his own volition, he didn't think his artstyle fit the series anymore and he hand picked Soejima after his work on P2 and Soul Hackers.

Setsu00

I disagree that he is the better artist, but I think Soejima is perfect for Persona and Kaneko thought so too. He is off Persona by his own volition, he didn't think his artstyle fit the series anymore and he hand picked Soejima after his work on P2 and Soul Hackers.

I still wonder what happened to Kaneko. I really hope he's working on whatever Deviliser is.

Dugna

So went all the way till Dec in Persona 3 FES and just now finally traded in all my gems and diamonds for items....I now have no mana problems while grinding....

Mdesilva

It's been way too long since we had an SMT game come out (SMT4 was a thing, but we got a ton on DS and this is a much slower rate of release now). I hope Devilizer is real and is coming fairly soon.

Squire

Banned

Then there you go. Soejima would most likely be afforded the same privilege if he had to leave.

That Sogabe guy is alright. He's good, but that art looks pretty generic, too.

Dantis

Absolutely!

Arena and the PSP remakes of P1 and P2 made me realize that Persona loses a lot of its magic for me when Soejima is not the art director. Arena's art direction is all over the place, really. This starts at the recycled portrait art that clashes badly with the newer protraits (even though I can understand why they didn't give every character new portraits). Then there are those horrible menus that lack any of the polish that I expect from a Persona game.

Q has those problems from what I've seen so far as well, but it's not as bad there.

Man, I agree with this so much.

We see eye to eye, me and you.

Ah, is that right. Nice to know; I suppose he did the covers for the P3 and P4 anthology comics, too. He's going to be doing the cover for the P4GA Dengeki issue, as well.

Yeah, he does a lot of one-off promo pieces. He's already done some or PQ as it is.

I'd hate to see him take charge on the franchise though. If Soejima wasn't working on it, my interest would drop tremendously.

Soejima is better at some things, Kaneko is better at others.

I'd consider Soejima the more technically capable and more flexible artist though.

PK Gaming

I've got absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever!
But I've got a tumblr & pixiv account!
And i'm tenacious!
So...!

I decided to share some of the Elly fanart I've come across:

Week of the Elly? No no no no, no, no. More like Year of The Elly.

Weiss

Banned
Elly Week? Elly Week.

eriko_kirishima___persona_x_danganronpa_by_darkside989-d79yknz.jpg

Done by radsuo

Elly Week? Elly Week.

eriko_kirishima___persona_x_danganronpa_by_darkside989-d79yknz.jpg

darkside989, the artist, has also done PQ styled art of other P1 and P2 characters and they're all amazing.

EDIT: Whoops, turns out the art I found was from a tumblr called personaslave. It seems to be defunct, however. darkside989 also has other art of P1 and P2 characters drawn in the style of PQ on their deviantart.

Haha, you do know that darkside989 posts here under the name TheTrueSelf, right? He's a gem among gems, for sure.

Sophia

I think this is the third case of someone not reaizing that TheTrueSelf is a regular here?

GAF > Internet > GAF at any rate. :D

And that Elly Danganronpa is pretty awesome.

Acid08

Banned
I've got absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever!
But I've got a tumblr & pixiv account!
And i'm tenacious!
So...!

I decided to share some of the Elly fanart I've come across:

Week of the Elly? No no no no, no, no. More like Year of The Elly.
PK quit makin' me so sweet on you.

Caladrius

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

AnimeGAF had one of those once.

I was paired with JGMinto somehow, and I don't know why, cuz we don't talk much.

Must be a secret office romance.

That sounds disturbing. Please do

Please do!

Tomorrow.

It is too late for my filthy New Englander soul.

The fanfic was even better.

Link pls

That sounds disturbing. Please don't.

I'm afraid the hivemind has spoken.

While I do appreciate how Soejima is trying not to draw everyone as part giraffe anymore, I prefer Kaneko's monster designs to Soejima's. Plus the dude made the Devil Trigger forms of Dante and Vergil in DMC 3, and there's no way anyone's topping that.

Top Bottom