• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

XUmq26e.jpg
Amazing. I love how Margaret has those glasses.

Meia

So P4G Marie's inclusion was lazy because it was very much just there. Hamfisted random characters in her social links so the links were rarely just about her, being locked in the VR so having little to no impact in the story, even when some really foul shit is going down so you have very little emotional attachment to the character unlike the rest of the IT, etc.

Now we get to P4GA, and since they're ONLY covering the new stuff that happened in P4G, she's getting hamfisted into those scenes too. This isn't necessarily bad as more interaction with the cast was sorely needed in P4G, but again they really missed the boat on what she needed to be included in. I know this is supposed to be a show that only people who know the story can follow(which is an iffy idea to begin with), but meh.

Anyone ever heard of videogamesplus? They have a banner named videogamebg_persona4au_final.jpg which is:

They also explicitly state the free DLC week dates like Gamestop. Atlus should just announce 9/30 as the official date already :/

Meia

Anyone ever heard of videogamesplus? They have a banner named videogamebg_persona4au_final.jpg which is:

They also explicitly state the free DLC week dates like Gamestop. They should just announce it has the official date already :/

No Margaret in that, weird.

Levito

Banned
Regarding last tweet: I was just kidding around. lol

So is there any reason as to why we should be excited about this Famitsu advertisement?

So is there any reason as to why we should be excited about this Famitsu article?

There is nothing specifically about Persona, but it's gonna be an extra large issue and promises lots major of scoops. So, even if P5 doesn't find its way inside, we might finally see more of P4DAN, finally.

I don't actually think P5 will show up - if it does, it'd just be like, a mention in a P4DAN article ("We'll be able to reveal it soon, please look forward to it!") or maybe a two page teaser advertisement.

Levito

Banned
Dancing All Night actually seems like a realistic expectation, but yeah it's probably best to assume it's not Persona related.

Mdesilva

Persona 5 will be a cover story whenever it happens, for sure.

I still hope we get little to no info for the game pre-release.

Famitsu's covers are generally reserved for games that are being released that week. For example, this week's is Ultra Street Fighter IV for the JP home edition, last week's was an expansion for Phantasy Star Online 2, the week before was Ore Shika 2, it was Youkai Watch 2 before that...

Squire

Banned
Persona 5 will be a cover story whenever it happens, for sure.

I still hope we get little to no info for the game pre-release.

Heh. I think you'd be better off just exercising a little self-control and letting the media cycle run as normal for those of us who wish to observe it. Just my two-cents.

The official website will just be the chair image. They won't announce a release date, instead they'll just update the image to have a copy of the game sitting on one of the chairs when it's finally available in stores.

Squire

Banned
Speaking of blind purchases, what about you guys importing Ultimax? There's a month left and Atlus Japan probably won't ever comment on whether it's region-free, so what will you do? Take Play-Asia's word for it and hope for the best?

What if Minako was the girl which Labrys and Aigis personalities were developed from? (mindblowing revelation theme starts to play)

The only way I see Minako being canon is if she was an ordinary student in Gekkoukan High during the events of P3, and somehow she is affected by the story in a sequel. Maybe she could be called by Igor and he says that she had the potential to be one of the greatest guests in The Velvet Room if fate was different.

Speaking of blind purchases, what about you guys importing Ultimax? There's a month left and Atlus Japan probably won't ever comment on whether it's region-free, so what will you do? Take Play-Asia's word for it and hope for the best?

We are pioneers, jumping into the unknown is all part of the thrill.

Honestly, I think you're lunatics, importing a game that's out a month later in the states, but that's a whole other conversation. Fans, I guess.

That and £40 isn't a lot of cash. I'll be importing either way. If the game works fine. I'll just wait for the EU release.

kewlmyc

I thought it was confirmed that it was region locked so I ordered it to get the story out of the way so I could actually have time to buy and play Destiny. But since it isn't confirmed, I already went and cancelled.

FluxWaveZ

I do think Margaret might be in next week's Famitsu. It's all about being confident, though, so I'll say this: I believe P4D will absolutely not be in next week's issue of Famitsu.

Honestly, I think you're lunatics, importing a game that's out a month later in the states, but that's a whole other conversation. Fans, I guess.

Lunatics for buying a fighting game earlier than a later version's release? lol

Top Bottom