• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Tamanon

Banned
I enjoyed this episode too. Teddie was actually more bearable and there was some genuinely funny stuff(
Yu at the quiz, the opening bit, Yukiko being a button masher, Kanji lol
)

Not necessarily. Keep thinking that and you'll be one of the confused masses wondering what happened to 2014 if it's announced for 2015.

You know, i wouldn't even mind a 2015 release. I have no hype for the game what so ever. That could change once they show some footage, but even so, i could still wait. All my hype is towards Ultimax.

Moonlight

Banned
Persona 4 Golden Episode 4

I don't care.

That is the main thought that was running through my mind as I watched this episode. Much like Marie's memories, my recollection of this episode is fading into a deep and all consuming fog. I just don't care. I think when I said that I wanted Marie to be more organically involved with the main group, I didn't mean doubling down on shoving the main group on Marie's business. There's a pretty fundamental issue with the writing and adaptation of her events because despite involving the rest of the team, none of them do or add or contribute anything as a team and are just there to catch Marie's angst because none of them were originally expected to be there. It changes nothing about how insincere the attempts made at making Marie seem like an important center point of the group later on because it hasn't actually fixed or made an effort to resolve what made it feel so artificial.

Episode 1 was indulgent in its' stupidity and irreverence. In that aspect, I could say that I got a weird amount of amusement out of how stupid it could get. Episode 4 is just dull. I don't care about anything that's happening with Marie especially and it's moving forward with events that assumes it's made me care, but it's done nothing from a direction and certainly not from a pacing standpoint to deserve it.

Meanwhile, I find it really difficult to digest how this show expects to be given the benefit of the doubt as a less serious take on the Persona 4 narrative with unmentioned or acknowledged shortcuts aplenty, when the tone is so clearly inconsistent. It wants to have its' dramatic cake and eat it too. I feel like tying in Marie's drama about her memories (not actually fundamentally terrible) into the most irrelevant and plainly comedic 'event' in the game (to the point where it's cordoned off to the TV extras) is more or less a summary of that kind of tonal conflict. Not to say that comedy and drama can't be executed well together, but execution is important, and Golden uses comedy as a crutch to hold up the deficiencies with the drama (and often than the reverse) rather than a confident utilization of both.

This is to say nothing of the uninspired direction, obviously confusing pacing, and the steadily degenerating character art.

At the end of the day, I didn't really care about anything that happened in this episode. I didn't hate it. I didn't like it. It felt like wasted time.

The band event is next episode and if nothing else I can only hope that Golden does it some measure of justice.

also the naked marie ED sucks

10588761_10204117741481083_2064094257_n.jpg

marie what are you doing

get out

Tiu Neo

Eh, it's not a bad episode. Worst than the last two, but it had it's moments. Still like what they are doing with Marie, even if
the worst parts of the episode were her searching for her memories.

Most definitely. I always thought Dance and P5 would be marketed once Q and Ultimax releases. That makes the most business sense. Then again, P5 is suppose to be out this year, so expect a barrage of P5 content come end of August/September.

I just want some new P4D info T_T

Dantis

Opening was tremendous. Ending was ASTOUNDINGLY cheesy. Teddie was funny, at least though, and it was neat to see Aika return.

Marche90

I want to watch the episode already, but it's stuttering badly on CR. My guess is that a lot of people are trying to watch it at once...

I'm not gonna tell you guys how to run your community thread, but responding to questions from people who don't hang out in the thread all the time with in-joke fake answers is kind of not-cool. Especially given that I can't see people winking over the internet.

Sorry about that.

Normally, you would have been given a normal answer, but he answered with his usual non-answer first... I think that what happened here is that he didn't saw that you're someone who normally doesn't hang around here a lot. We get new community members essentially every week or so, so sometimes it's hard to keep track of who's who.

And Levito, I know it's sometimes hard not to joke about that, but I think it's time to stop using that answer, since otherwise this is the result :/

Truth be told, we just try not to think about the release date that much. It's frustrating, but can we do?

Marche90

I am ready for Marie everything.

Persona 4: Marie Edition.

All your social links will be replaced by a different version of Marie.

... Heck, let's forego that. Marie will be the protagonist.

Finally watching the episode. Had to lower the quality to 480p for it to work. Shame, since I tried other videos and 720p works fine in all of them, even episode 3 of this.

Anyway, Dat QUALITY. The animation quality drop is seriously awful this time. Dang.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Persona 4: Marie Edition.

All your social links will be replaced by a different version of Marie.

... Heck, let's forego that. Marie will be the protagonist.

Persona 4 golden is Marie's Fan- Fiction that she wrote on tumblr. I know it doesn't make sense but humor me.

Marche90

I don't know what you're talking about.

Bt5yPUdIYAEgYE7.jpg

I actually was THIS close to take a screenshot of that exact scene. Not only there, but also Yu's mouth. They literally only used two frames to make him speak (as in open mouth for two seconds and close it)

And :lol at Kanji and Rise at the end of the episode.

Oh God what happened with the animation this time around? They downgraded it even more.

yN7rfQ2.png

I laughed at every mixed up face they showed.

Episode wasn't anywhere as fun to watch as 2 and 3 for me, here's hoping the next one is better, and
finally Naoto maybe?! Where is she on that hand thing they do? And why is Marie there instead of her? I don't like this.

PK Gaming

P4GA makes me incredibly glad that the developers didn't retroactively shove Marie into every single Persona 4 Golden event. You know...

Always appreciate what you have. The grass is always greener on the other side. Dwell on the beauty of what you have. Never fail to appreciate someone (a game) who cares for you. Be thankful for what you have; because you might end up with less one day. Sometimes the little things in life matter the most. Trade your expectations for appreciation.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Bt5yPUdIYAEgYE7.jpg

The art was like that for the entire episode.

Damn having gone straight from P4GA (which was a mess artistically this episode) to Terror in Resonance was a bad idea. It only made me realize how bad P4s animation actually was. Why can''t they try and keep their quality stable... I mean sure there is crunch time and all, but this week the art took a horrible nose dive.

Levito

Banned
So the animation quality looks nearly as questionable as the first anime.

I'm both dreading *and* excited to watch this.

Top Bottom