• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I'm going to miss P5's reveal :(

Honestly, that poster looks legit. The top says something about it being published throughout February 5th, and it is very early in Japan, so it'd make sense for prints to go out now.

The Japanese, which is: "予告 今宵、日本武道館に参上します。" means "Advance notice! It will appear this evening at the Nippon Budokan. - The Phantom"

The bottom, which says "ペルソナ5、始動ー" means "Persona 5 begins!"

So, it really does look legit. If someone faked it, they really went all out, even going as far as to replicate Japanese newspaper schedules.

arue

He looks like FeMC (eye and hair color).

But he has Sho's face.

But he has Glasses-kun's mask and hair.

Take your pick.

I'm legit in love with the idea that this is FeMC, back to wreak a terrible vengeance on the world! XD

Have we considered that this might not be FeMC, or Sho, or Glasses-kun? Perhaps this is just a new character, maybe even the primary antagonist?

QuadOpto

The mask in Glasses-kun's hand looks incredibly similiar to the one from the last teaser:

One other thing to note is that the mask "The Phantom" is wearing is distinctly different from those two images.

B9Bj5SOIcAAfOeJ.jpg

Even discounting that they made it white so it wouldn't clash with the red background, it still looks more ragged and somewhat paper-like compared to the solid, real opera ones shown...

Dantis

One other thing to note is that the mask "The Phantom" is wearing is distinctly different from those two images.

Even discounting that they made it white so it wouldn't clash with the red background, it still looks more ragged and somewhat paper-like compared to the solid, real opera ones shown...

This is actually a very good point.

Setsu00

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see where this leads
despite my tantrum last year

Edit: These ads are apparently from random newspapers. At the very least this is what my Twitter timeline wants me to believe. Atlus is really going all-out with the marketing on this one, huh?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I Sho turns up in P5 I will flip tables in disgust.

By that of course I mean have a minor tantrum, purchase and love the game.

I'm legit in love with the idea that this is FeMC, back to wreak a terrible vengeance on the world! XD

Have we considered that this might not be FeMC, or Sho, or Glasses-kun? Perhaps this is just a new character, maybe even the primary antagonist?

That was my first thought but now I'm more inclined to believe that putting on the masks changes the characters somehow, maybe by exposing a suppressed side of their personality to summon personas.

Nachos

If it is the P5 main character, this could end up being a pretty smart reveal. People have already made assumptions and set expectations about how he could be, so letting those ideas stew and solidify for five months, only to defy them could prove interesting. It'd already show signs of him having a much more pre-defined character from the outset.

Still, I really have to wonder how much Atlus is spending on their advertising and graphic design. The public videos from 2013 and a newspaper run can't be cheap, and the motion graphics for the Dance video probably cost a decent amount, too. Considering they weren't afraid to commission the Persona Q UI from an outside firm instead of doing it in-house, I'd really like to see their budget for all of this, which is obviously a much bigger and demanding undertaking.

Setsu00

Still, I really have to wonder how much Atlus is spending on their advertising and graphic design. The public videos from 2013 and a newspaper run can't be cheap, and the motion graphics for the Dance video probably cost a decent amount, too. Considering they weren't afraid to commission the Persona Q UI from an outside firm instead of doing it in-house, I'd really like to see their budget for all of this, which is obviously a much bigger and demanding undertaking.

What. I never heard of this before.

Makio

Im all in if this guy have a Sho personality.

The guy from the trailer : the shy , introvert , the quiet , the peaceful Glasses-kun.

The phantom : his other self , the sadistic , the badass , the self can summon a persona ...

Take my heart , take my soul , take my money Atlus ... Hype hype

Just to throw in my own wild guess, maybe in P5, the masks not only are the means to summon your persona, but also evoke your shadow self? As in, that's just Chair-Kun in his "persona mode"

That gives me yet another wild idea, if my above statement is true, could your "shadow self" be replaced by "your phantom"? Completely abolishing P4's shadow selves in place of a slightly different version called phantoms, which you can still control unlike in P4, and to evoke your persona, you need to become your phantom?

Damn, this speculation only makes me more excited now, even if most of it is probably not true

Just to throw in my own wild guess, maybe in P5, the masks not only are the means to summon your persona, but also evoke your shadow self? As in, that's just Chair-Kun in his "persona mode"

That's kinda what I was saying, maybe they need to give up a part of their personality or even their sanity to summon personas.

QuadOpto

...Wow. It's super-weird, seeing it side-by-side like that...

It's like, there's obviously certain details that look completely lifted from Sho's design, (his grin, and the eyes are the exact same shape and size; the only real, clear distinction being the size of the pupil, and the lack of eye-shine.)

But, at the same time, the comparison clearly shows that the facial spacing is off between the two.( The positioning of the Phantom's eyes are lower, and his whole head is overall shorter and closer together.)

Is it just a case of it being Soejima's style, or what? Or, I'm just crazy and seeing things that aren't there.:p

What do the real artists here think?

...Wow. It's super-weird, seeing it side-by-side like that...

It's like, there's obviously certain details that look completely lifted from Sho's design, (his grin, and the eyes are the exact same shape and size; the only real, clear distinction being the size of the pupil, and the lack of eye-shine.)

But, at the same time, the comparison clearly shows that the facial spacing is off between the two.( The positioning of the Phantom's eyes are lower, and his whole head is overall shorter and closer together.)

Is it just a case of it being Soejima's style, or what? Or, I'm just crazy and seeing things that aren't there.:p

What do the real artists here think?

It could be the hint that P5 MC is really Sho and that P4AU was a teaser and we never knew

Makio

I still cant process that guy is this guy
persona-5.jpg

I mean look at him ... looks so inocent ... hahaha.

(Like all the killers and crazy in TV shows and movies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom