• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Dance! is so fucking good. For once I actually hope it isn't Meguro, so that it's representative of the OST as a whole.

It makes me wish even more that P4D used the epilogue designs though. :(

Jawmuncher

Dance! is so fucking good. For once I actually hope it isn't Meguro, so that it's representative of the OST as a whole.

Even for Kanji?

tumblr_m5sk9fd5GI1r35zn6o1_400.png

Nah can't see it.

Makio

I can totally see Yukiko busting a move , but Naoto has much character and personality to do that.

But hey everyone dance crazy in the Golden opening and nobody minds.

I dont see a reason why these 2 girls are not playable in the game.

If there are indeed 8 characters Marie isn't going to out prioritize Naoto and Yukiko.

They're not going to have the Aeon arcana usurp the Lovers Arcana in her own game

For everyone.

Also, if there are eight characters and Yukiko gets in but Naoto doesn't, it will make sense canonically, but I will be sadface.

Have they confirmed that there's only eight characters in P4D? I assumed we'd get at least the entire Investigation Team...

84X

Banned

Costumes were a big part of the Diva f games, so I'm hopeful Atlus will still be able to get them in.
However since there's some sort of story and Atlus is handling the game themselves I'm not so sure.

Busaiku

You know, I hope Persona 4 Dancing does come after Persona 5.
It'll be better if Atlus intends to keep the Persona 4 franchise its own thing (so more stuff like Persona 4 Arena and Persona Q), which I think is great.

You know, I hope Persona 4 Dancing does come after Persona 5.
It'll be better if Atlus intends to keep the Persona 4 franchise its own thing (so more stuff like Persona 4 Arena and Persona Q), which I think is great.
I hope so. I came into Persona pretty late, so I'm both excited for anything Persona 5 related, and more P3 and P4 spinoffs

kewlmyc

No, people are just making assumptions based on the end image from the 'Dance!' video.

This one, specifically.

Seems a little silly to speculate character roster off of that since one member of the IT group wouldn't make the cut due to Yosuke, Kanji, and Chie already being confirmed.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I can't believe this event has started and we still don't know when we could be able to imagine the step.

I don't know if you've heard, but apparently it's genius.

arue

Just finished watching P3M #2 digest.

Dammit it was way too sad at the end; even sadder than in the game too. :(

The ending song fits the scene too.

Andrefpvs

Speaking of Dance! — people are saying it has references to other Persona songs/games, but apart from the obvious "Pursuing My True Self" one, I'm kinda struggling to find them.

Zebetite

Banned
Speaking of Dance! — people are saying it has references to other Persona songs/games, but apart from the obvious "Pursuing My True Self" one, I'm kinda struggling to find them.

Persona 4 the Animation had a song called "Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down" that was a duet between Shihoko and LJ. LJ has a line in "Dance!" that's like "Told you once/Ain't nobody can hold me down," so maybe that's a knowing wink and nod.

If you really want to reach, he says "Game's over!" at one point in a similar intonation to Burn My Dread: Last Battle.

Squire

Banned
Persona 4 the Animation had a song called "Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down" that was a duet between Shihoko and LJ. LJ has a line in "Dance!" that's like "Told you once/Ain't nobody can hold me down," so maybe that's a knowing wink and nod.

If you really want to reach, he says "Game's over!" at one point in a similar intonation to Burn My Dread: Last Battle.

You find references like this in rap quite often.

Dantis

Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down is in and of itself a reference to a line in Unbreakable Tie, which was Meguro's P2IS PSP opening.

There are lots of lyrical references. The first line is literally about how they're no longer pursuing their true selves. Another line talks about how they never compromised truth, referencing Reach. Lots of stuff like that.

FluxWaveZ

Yes. And chances are you will be kicked out when it starts up again. Just watch the restreams when they come on.

I've only been watching Niconico the whole way through without a premium account, and it's been just fine. Things might change once it starts again, but then one can just go to p-ch.jp; that's been fine for me, too.

"Spit it out, son, Game's over!" to be exact. I was JUST looking through Lotus Juice lyrics a week back

I think "Take Your Heart" is the opening theme to Persona 5. Every mainline Persona game has had a song with a title similar to that to subtly explain the themes.

Dream of Butterfly
unbreakable tie
Burn Your Dread
Pursuing My True Self
Take Your Heart

A song with that title sounds like something that'd make sense for P5. The P5 tease was shown at the end of "Dance!" so it could be teasing that we'll see the opening theme for the next event. I know we'll be seeing a P5 trailer, but I feel we'll also see the opening and then get a confirmation of it being at PSL2015. What do you think?

wmlk

I think "Take Your Heart" is the opening theme to Persona 5. Every mainline Persona game has had a song with a title similar to that to subtly explain the themes.

Dream of Butterfly
unbreakable tie
Burn Your Dread
Pursuing My True Self
Take Your Heart

A song with that title sounds like something that'd make sense for P5. The P5 tease was shown at the end of "Dance!" so it could be teasing that we'll see the opening theme for the next event. I know we'll be seeing a P5 trailer, but I feel we'll also see the opening and then get a confirmation of it being at PSL2015. What do you think?

I wonder where Night of the Phantom plays into this. Maybe that's something like the Dark Hour, a story related thing?

Squire

Banned

Dream of Butterfly
unbreakable tie
Burn Your Dread
Pursuing My True Self
Take Your Heart

It makes sense to play the theme next, so they can play it live at the show (I think it's less than ideal to debut new music in a live performance first, but it's done often enough. I could be wrong) and then show the actual game after.

I wonder where Night of the Phantom plays into this. Maybe that's something like the Dark Hour, a story related thing?

I think that's a plot element, yeah. It's probably an in-universe opera/play.

I think its real :eek:

My take on things:

Does anyone think that these teenagers will be wearing masks and be taking a different "persona" as a way to break free from society's shackles?

Does that look like the P5 MC? He has brown hair in that image, doesn't wear glasses either but it does look like his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom