• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant process that guy is this guy
persona-5.jpg

I mean look at him ... looks so inocent ... hahaha.

(Like all the killers and crazy in TV shows and movies)

Could be his Shadow or Shadow equivalent

I still cant process that guy is this guy
persona-5.jpg

I mean look at him ... looks so inocent ... hahaha.

(Like all the killers and crazy in TV shows and movies)

Not at all. One of the first things I noticed in his initial reveal was the seemingly passive way he's observing everyone. The colours throughout and the segment with him in the scramble crossing immediately made me think of depersonalization. An MC with a quiet, disillusioned public life vs a loud, energetic private life wouldn't surprise me at all.

I wonder if he takes off the glasses to put on the mask lol, they'd probably get in the way.
I always found it funny how Soejima went with glasses when everyone in P4 already had to wear them.

I wonder if he takes off the glasses to put on the mask lol, they'd probably get in the way.
I always found it funny how Soejima went with glasses when everyone in P4 already had to wear them.

Maybe the glasses are fake and part of his fake persona in his day to day life and he can actually see fine without them.

So much speculation based upon one image

So exactly like in mainline SMT?

So far I've only played P3 FES, P4/G, and a bit of the original SMT that was released on iOS. Even SMT1 had party members along with devil summoning. Didn't SMT4 also have party members + devil summoning?

Maybe the glasses are fake and part of his fake persona in his day to day life and he can actually see fine without them.

So much speculation based upon one image

So far I've only played P3 FES, P4/G, and a bit of the original SMT that was released on iOS. Even SMT1 had party members along with devil summoning. Didn't SMT4 also have party members + devil summoning?

There's a few titles that are just MC + Demons, like Nocturne. and party members in SMT IV aren't really properly part of the party.

.JayZii

Banned
Cool to see masks becoming a focal point for the visual design. I mean, it has always been there in subtext and enemy design, but it really feels like they are calling back to P2 with the Featherman sentai show role playing. Maybe Philemon will be returning to the series.

Seems like a cool new persona summoning gimmick to me. They'll enter a world called " The Masquerade" or something, and have to don their domino masks to release their inhibitions and, thereby, their personas.

Makio

If mask really play a key part in P5's story the idea of mild shy glasses-kun putting on a mask and becoming bold and cocky makes a lot of sense

Yeah that what a say with Sho personality , a shy , passive guy who shows his true colors in battle , man the infinites outcames that can take in plot aspect

Could be his Shadow or Shadow equivalent

That was my first impression a Evil self of Glassen Kun , but nobody says the phantom is evil , but yeah looks crazy.

Not at all. One of the first things I noticed in his initial reveal was the seemingly passive way he's observing everyone. The colours throughout and the segment with him in the scramble crossing immediately made me think of depersonalization. An MC with a quiet, disillusioned public life vs a loud, energetic private life wouldn't surprise me at all.

And makes sense why he changes so much from the shot of the train to the end shot when he seems another badass person when he sees the blue flame monster.

Could Persona 5 MC be a solo act as the phantom using a party of Persona?

Like Nocturne , yeah is a theory i have since the first trailer , maybe no party member no school girls and bros fighting with him , demon party this time.

I don't know if the Phantom is Glasses-kun... They look completely different.

Well I mean we haven't actually seen Glasses-kun drawn by Soejima, we've only seen the animated scene. You could compare, say, anyone in P3/P4 with their original character/promotional artwork and what they look like in the animated scenes and they'd look way different.

Busaiku

What if glasses lives in a post apocalyptic world, where he's the only survivor, and he has multiple personalities cause that's the only way he can cope, represented by Personas.
The final boss is yourself.

QuadOpto

There's just too many ways this can go right now to really pin anything down.

Let's hope that either the ??? 3 hours from now, or the last ??? before the concert will help us out a bit...

Also the chained question mark is still on the Persona Super Live page, which really makes me wonder what that'll go to or reveal once the countdown finally reaches zero...

There's just too many ways this can go right now to really pin anything down.

Let's hope that either the ??? 3 hours from now, or the last ??? before the concert will help us out a bit...

Also the chained question mark is still on the Persona Super Live page, which really makes me wonder what that'll go to once the countdown finally reaches zero...

You are literally not getting anything substantial re: P5 until the last ? ? ? ? ?

Well I mean we haven't actually seen Glasses-kun drawn by Soejima, we've only seen the animated scene. You could compare, say, anyone in P3/P4 with their original character/promotional artwork and what they look like in the animated scenes and they'd look way different.
True, but they even have different vibes.. Like complete different personalities based simply on the cutscene and that poster picture and there is the red eyes/hair color.

True, but they even have different vibes.. Like complete different personalities based simply on the cutscene and that poster picture and there is the red eyes/hair color.

But are the personalities radically different from what happens with headphones-kun?

Despite being presented as calm and apathetic in the animated sequences, he looks rather manic when they showed him summoning.

wmlk

But are the personalities radically different from what happens with headphones-kun?

Despite being presented as calm and apathetic in the animated sequences, he looks rather manic when they showed him summoning.

Yeah, I really don't understand people saying that it's clearly not the MC just from looking at the eyes alone.

Makio

So seems this like a Concert Ad and he says he gonna be in the concert (i dont know how) , so "Take your heart" is likely a logo for the new track like i say all the day.

Man the visuals and stage for the Night of the Phantom is something to looking forward,

todd360

So seems this like a Concert Ad and he says he gonna be in the concert (i dont know how) , so "Take your heart" is likely a logo for the new track like i say all the day.

Man the visuals and stage for the Night of the Phantom is something to looking forward,

I don't want to hear the p5 music, but also desperately want to hear it at the same time. I love personas music so much. I want to hear it for the first time when I start the game. So conflicted.

PK Gaming

So did anyone scope out Nenilein's theory?

Nenilein said:
I am pretty sure this “Night of the Phantom” and the teaser image we just saw are related and I have a theory.

The lines “Take your heart” are written in what looks like magazine cut-out letters, just like how a criminal would write a ransom letter or… a calling card.

In the 90s, “Phantom Thieves” like Magic Kaitou or Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne were a pretty popular Manga Genre in Japan. Top Hats and mask were a staple of these Manga-Characters too. And this one is threatening to “Take our hearts”…

…It’s relevant to note here that whenever Igor first explained the concept of “Persona” to the player in the Japanese version in the past, the word is first written in the texbox with the kanji “心”, meaning “mind”, “innermost core” and especially “heart”, though Igor still pronounces it as “Per(u)sona”. In all later mentions the term is written as “ペルソナ” again. Still, given that the term “Persona” is so deeply connected to the term “Heart” in the franchise, especially by how Igor “writes” it, maybe this is what is meant by “Heart” in this. Which would give us… A Phantom Thief stealing Personas (and by extension, Shadows).

This could be really interesting… Please don’t go Trinity Soul on us, tho.

-Please let the protagonist be like Magic Kaitou

Makio

I don't want to hear the p5 music, but also desperately want to hear it at the same time. I love personas music so much. I want to hear it for the first time when I start the game. So conflicted.

Im going to hear all the concert if i can ... i mean the persona music is the thing i really love in the series.
No characters , no the plots ... the music. Dont get wrong i liked the other things but the music have a special place in my life

I mean even the track of Dancing All The night have that catchy feel , i been listening at least two times any hour.

I still stand by my idea, that the newspaper ad is just the MC with his mask on, becoming his shadow (or phantom, like I'm speculating) to evoke his persona

All of the party member's shadows run amuck at night as criminals. You better catch them quick before they irreparably damage your reputation and relationships!

Makio

Locks are gone. Turns out, the icon was for News Flash!

All the mystery behind that , and result in the simple thing ever.

Sadly is no word in the concert been streamed :C. But at least i hope someone leaked the song(s) of Persona 5 or something. I want to hear the music before everythings ends.

Maybe the event 14 can help me in that.

PD: I want to hear the live version of Dance ! , Break Out of and Laser Beam too....

arue

The countdown on the top right corner of p-ch.jp is for Teddie's Final Countdown right? While the countdown on p-ch.jp/live is for the concert itself?

Is the concert going to be streamed live or no? (I think I asked this before on the IRC, but I just want to make sure again.)

Edit:
Sadly is no word in the concert been streamed :C.
Is that so? I'm not that surprised since we didn't even pay for a ticket.

Well, that's true for Makoto but I am not assuming yet that the same would/could happen with Glasses-kun. It's possible and already happened in the franchise but the moment I saw the poster I thought it was a different character. I am probably wrong, though.

That's what always happens when they've shown off initial summons in Persona, in the modern era.

They almost look sinister as they summon their Personas.

I don't remember Yu becoming much different from his usual self when he summoned Izanagi in game but I could be mistaken. But that P4 Golden anime scene made that for the lolz XD

Yeah, I really don't understand people saying that it's clearly not the MC just from looking at the eyes alone.

Speaking for myself, I'm not saying it isn't him. I don't know who is the Phantom but he could be the MC and if that is true, I'm glad, because I liked the Phantom more than Glasses-kun from the cutscene. He looks more cool and strong.

Sophia

So did anyone scope out Nenilein's theory?

While I didn't get to say anything earlier because I've been super busy, Nenilein's theory is basically on point with what I was thinking. The idea that the antagonist is a phantom of sorts who can hide in the shadows (figuratively as like in a big city, or literally Shadows) and steal people's hearts out from under them. Very similar to how the antagonists in Trinity Soul could steal Personas from people who had the potential.

Building off from that, I think the antagonist or antagonists are going to be tragic in some way. It's obviously inspired off the Phantom of the Opera in that regards, but there's also the theme of freeing yourself from society. Perhaps the antagonist's means of taking one's "heart" is their way of freeing them from society in a manner? But of course done in a way that could arguably be considered evil and contrasting the protagonists.

Lastly, I think the Presonas are probably going to bee Gnostic themed or something similar. A lot of those ancient religions had various themes about freeing yourself from the material world in some manner. Society itself kinda fits with that theme.

Tamanon

Banned
Also would be more along the lines of that Apathy Syndrome people got in Persona 3 that was barely discussed by the end of the game.

Makio

i always says the history and the theme in Trinity Soul have a lot of potential in some kind of game.

But the anime killed it with all the nonsense subplots and no deep / likeable characters making everything a lot boring as really is.

.JayZii

Banned
i always says the history and the theme in Trinity Soul have a lot of potential in some kind of game.

But the anime killed it with all the nonsense subplots and no deep / likeable characters making everything a lot boring as really is.
I also wasn't a fan of the conceit that adults cannot use Personas. More marketable to the kiddies, perhaps, but it undercuts precedent set earlier in the series.

It's been so long since I've watched that show, though. It was largely just forgettable to me.

Sadly is no word in the concert been streamed :C.

tumblr_inline_nj95kpIukX1sh2qwc.jpg

Saw this on Tumblr, take this as you want.
My mind's telling me no.
But my body...
My body is telling me yes!

Either way, hoping for Break Out..., Lazer Beam, Battle for Everyone's Souls and The Almighty. I'm reaching, but if they played School Days or Dream of a Butterfly, #dead.

tumblr_inline_nj95kpIukX1sh2qwc.jpg

Saw this on Tumblr, take this as you want.
My mind's telling me no.
But my body...
My body is telling me yes!

Either way, hoping for Break Out..., Lazer Beam, Battle for Everyone's Souls and The Almighty. I'm reaching, but if they played School Days or Dream of a Butterfly, #dead.

He mentioned the same thing on twitter: https://twitter.com/lotusjuice/status/563129625740460032

Betting partial means that they cut Persona 5 related stuff.

Makio

Betting partial means that they cut Persona 5 related stuff.

Awww man ... please Atlus give at least one song of p5 like you did with Dancing.

PLEEEEEEASE.

Wondering if the new singer for p5 (if have one) is gonna to "cosplay" as the Phantom in the concert..

And Whale Feathers, I'm still confused by that nonsense and what it's supposed to means in terms of trinity soul's plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom