• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pros: Looks radically different from P3 and P4
Cons: The possibility of lots of stealth sequences
Pros: THAT GLIDING ALONG THE HIGHWAY IN THE OPENING ANIMATION

I'm betting the stealth thing is just a way to get first chance attacks, though there could be stealth missions.

Zebetite

Banned
1) Calendar System remains. Cool!
2) Party cut-ins during Dialogue. Looks slick. Good replacement for portraits.
3) "Commu" has become "Cooperation." Unclear if it means anything. Otherwise menus look like the standard fare (Look really cool though).
4) Dungeons look to be actually-designed this time. This is good, because the games these guys worked on before P3/4 had extremely well-designed dungeons.
5) Enemies continue to appear on screen, there appear to be stealth mechanics to bypass them in some situations. Unclear if there is an advantage to doing this.
6) In the equipment shop, when selecting Glasses-Kun to equip, the menu option has "JOKER: The Fool" written under it. Unclear what JOKER is, in this context.
7) Is that Vincent? Also, Velvet Twins this time (new ones).
8) Now we get a battle scene. Battle UI looks familiar.
9) ...But they're fighting Sandman and Pyro Jack. Either those are Demons or peoples Personas are running wild.
10) Brand-spanking new All Out Attack animation. It looks dope as hell.
11) ...Digital Devil Saga?

I like the look of it. It's all very pulpy and feels like some hyper-modern anime take on some 40s pulp novel about cat burglars. It looks slick as hell. I want to play this video game.

mdubs

Banned
So at least 4 character confirmed in the trailer just off the first few shots. We see 4 characters jumping on the roof top. First on is MC (we can tell from the trenchcoat)
0622e09fee.jpg

second is tights-chan,
92e07016c4.jpg

third is unknown, we don't know who this is yet.
56c0b3bead.jpg

fourth is Yosuke/Junpei dude (we can tell from the scarf)
dff207a81c.jpg

Andrefpvs

This game needs to be at Sony's E3 press conference.

This is it. This is Persona's breakthrough. Come on, don't screw this up! :)

Makio

10359551_1598518047044380_5447111522521069333_n.jpg

Old Shin Megami Tensei feels ... the enemies are demons ... no shadows.

The hud looks great.

I dont know what think right now ... looks so diferent from other persona games and i love it for that.

Trailer made it a lot harder to wait for whenever the game is going to come out. I do hope they end up toning down the social link stuff a lot from where it was in 3 and 4, always found that part of the games really tedious.

I like what i see so far though, makes me want to get around to finishing up my P4G save.

JNA

Banned
Can't sleep...

Hey any of you guys good at making avatars? Would love a face of the blond girl in this gif!

pogczz.gif

Antiwhippy

This game needs to be at Sony's E3 press conference.

This is it. This is Persona's breakthrough. Come on, don't screw this up! :)

Pretty sure persona broke through already.

Betting the english version appears at E3 though. Not going to bet a 2015 release.

EdLin

Neo Member
OK, this trailer is so awesome that it got me to finally post in the thread. I've never seen a game so stylish, they've outdone even The World Ends With You by the looks of it, I wasn't expecting that.

Dantis

Initial thoughts..

Not loving the design of the UI.

Apart from the general hype, I'm a little disappointed.

I'm not disappointed so much as I don't love it.

It doesn't look bad, but it's miles from what I expected or wanted.

OK, this trailer is so awesome that it got me to finally post in the thread. I've never seen a game so stylish, they've outdone even The World Ends With You by the looks of it, I wasn't expecting that.

The World Ends With You is actually a really good comparison. It's definitely moved further away from groundedness and further towards cartoon.

Antiwhippy

Anyone think the colour will represent how the game will be?

P3 = Blue = Sadness
P4 = Yellow = Bright/joy
P5 = Red = Passion? Excitement? Anger?

Lunar15

I think the reason I'm so happy is because it's miles from what I expected.

I didn't want anything though, and I guess that's the key. Who knows if it'll be good or not, I'm just happy it's incredibly its own thing.

Also, if you were looking for subtlety: It ain't here.

Jintor

The World Ends With You is actually a really good comparison. It's definitely moved further away from groundedness and further towards cartoon.

Are we going to have to post naoto catsuit again d

kewlmyc

Duckroll posted this in the main thread.

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

Sold so freaking hard. I like me some anti-heroes.

Antiwhippy

Quoting from the trailer thread.

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

So we're basically a band of bandit vigilantes who fight with other factions?

I think I know what you mean Dantis, and I think some little part of me share the same worry as you do

Do you know, or anyone know, how dialogue is to be presented in p5? There is obviously no more dialogue 2d portrait of a character. So how is it presented, is there a screenshot, does that trailer show it?

who is that sexy nurse character, the one where MC sits beside her in a room facing tons of computers

84X

Banned
Everything looks and sounds amazing. Hype.

Well... I hope the characters don't actually turn into their personas but we'll see.

Jintor

my approach to almost everything is that nobody has a real clue what they actually want unless it's the same thing as the last thing

all they know is whether they want something different or something the same

Meia

my approach to almost everything is that nobody has a real clue what they actually want unless it's the same thing as the last thing

Change is scary. :p

Lunar15

I just wanted a game made by the same team. That's what we got. Here's hoping it's quality.

EdLin

Neo Member

It always was an Anime game to some extent, what did you expect, QTEs ah-lah FF13? We don't need that IMO.

QuadOpto

I. Am so, so, so happy right now.

This fits to what I've always wanted to a tee, and yet never expected. Catherine-like graphics,the style, the character designs, the overall more mature, but still comical tone.(Kind of reminds me of anime like Lupin the 3rd and Cowboy Bebop; two of my most favorite animes) Prowling around the real world, Personas(Demons) roaming around, and an overall more urban-vibe than P3 could even attain?

And even with all that, we still don't know shit about the story.

I'm sorry, bu I can not see this not be good, at least for me. So far it's ticked everything visually and tonally that I could even imagine.

Now I just need to hold myself from spoiling anything before it's released...Well, except maybe the opening(Since it seems pretty obvious that they spliced bits of the opening out to fit gameplay).

Dantis

I. Am so, so, so happy right now.

This fits to what I've always wanted to a tee, and yet never expected. Catherine-like graphics,the style, the character designs, the overall more mature, but still comical tone.(Kind of reminds me of anime like Lupin the 3rd and Cowboy Bebop; two of my most favorite animes) Prowling around the real world, Personas(Demons) roaming around, and an overall more urban-vibe than P3 could even attain?

And even with all that, we still don't know shit about the story.

I'm sorry, bu I can not see this not be good, at least for me. So far it's ticked everything visually and tonally that I could even imagine.

Now I just need to hold myself from spoiling anything before it's released...Well, except maybe the opening(Since it seems pretty obvious that they spliced bits of the opening out to fit gameplay).

These are exactly what it reminded me of. So much. Even the AoA cut ins.

I don't like those shows. :(

PK Gaming

I already have (silly) headcanons for the character

-There was a 5th party member, but he/she defected from the group
-The main character's the guy with the money—and the gun
-Each of the main characters have their own calling cards

I agree it's really strange for them to go a cartoony route after the down to earth realism of P3 and P4

*kicks an enemy into the stratosphere*
*is literally a robot*
*giant cartoon clouds erupt as we all charge into an all out attack*

Who's getting the feeling that these characters look more mature this time round? Wow!

oh i think this is why:

Originally Posted by duckroll

These are exactly what it reminded me of. So much. Even the AoA cut ins.

I don't like those shows. :(

You're kind of in the super-minority on that, dude.

Anyway it looks like as far as weapons go, the MC uses knives, Kitty uses a sword, Magic Man uses a Haggar-esque pipe and Clover uses a whip. Nice to see innovation in weapon types.

Anyway it looks like as far as weapons go, the MC uses knives, Kitty uses a sword, Magic Man uses a Haggar-esque pipe and Clover uses a whip. Nice to see innovation in weapon types.

XyaJuZR.jpg

A blonde girl with pig-tails using a whip? Groundbreaking.

Antiwhippy

I meant outside its niche. Yes, Persona 4 Golden has given the franchise a big boost, but I'm sure Atlus USA wouldn't mind seeing their profits greatly increase due to an expanded audience.

Isn't P3 and P4 a mjor breakthrough for them in the west though already?

Also I seriously love delinquent stories so this trailer got me hook line and sinker.

I am so hyped I'm not sure if I can sleep.

Dantis

Oh, I'm aware. The fact that I know anything about those shows kind of shows how far reaching they are, when I know virtually nothing about anime in general.

But on a personal level, it is not what I wanted.

The music was badass though. Meguro doesn't let me down, even if Soejima does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom