• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

It's the difference in mood and tone from the original reveal and this trailer that got me. It certainly didn't scream prince of thieves and ransom note UI's

i just rewatched both teasers... obviously the teasers don't match up with this exactly, but there's still themes that go through. the chairs. Being a prisoner of society (so to speak). More importantly, they all scream Persona. I'm fairly confident it's gonna have it all

Did you guys see the part of the trailer starting 1:13???????

There are 2D DIALOGUE CUT-INS PORTRAITS!

YES!

Not only do you get to see the 3D catherine like quality models. But there are 2D portrait cut-ins for that added style and oomph.

Social links = cooperation as well, just like many here believe… yup, gotta be! I bet P5 will be released August 2015! Thats 6 months after todays real trailer!!!!

Zareka

YES!

Not only do you get to see the 3D catherine like quality models. But there are 2D portrait cut-ins for that added style and oomph.

That looks more XRD 3D than 2D portraits to me. They still look awesome, though/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe the social link = cooperation means that the social links this time are with the different factions if we believe that there's a faction system?

Which you do to get the faction's help by getting them to cooperate with you?

Messiah

YES!

Social links = cooperation as well, just like many here believe… yup, gotta be! I bet P5 will be released August 2015! Thats 6 months after todays real trailer!!!!

Pretty sure they were 3D models as well, no?

That looks more XRD 3D than 2D portraits to me. They still look awesome, though/

what?!

gotta look again, what's XRD 3D? Is it some kind of new live 2d type software?

Man this game… this game!!

What do you think FF15 creators think when they watch P5's trailer? Damn we should make our FF like persona style hehe~!

I'm getting a really nice Akiba Trip 2 vibe from the walking in the underground or wherever it is animation.

And i say again, OMG all these characters look so mature! Mr Hashino said he based this game on young adult fiction!!

YES!!!

"Xrd 3D" just refers to the visual style of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, which has gorgeous 3D models that perfectly mimic the look of sprites from certain angles.

"Xrd 3D" just refers to the visual style of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, which has gorgeous 3D models that perfectly mimic the look of sprites from certain angles.

oh… urhg thanks for that… i don't follow much fighting games so

but this p5 game looks amazing! u guys think a vita port down the line, the vita can handle this graphics? honest genuine answers pls…

Are we allowed to post that flyer with the main character's Persona on it or nah? Because it has the same face as the thing the MC does at the end of the trailer when he's surrounded by the blue fire.

Makio

10968595_390735124437238_3041611594194610760_n.png

Boxart ????

rewatching the 1:13 part makes me wonder again

we don't really actually SEE the characters up close during convos. like we see the 3d models yea, but this isn't like catherine where we ZOOM UP to their faces and have some sort of dynamic convo

this is exactly like p3 p4 where we see the big picture, and the the XRD 3d or the portrait cut ins actually show the face of characters - sometimes you only see their eyes, thats a bit… disappointing…

no text box during dialogue? wait what..?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Great mascot! Finally got rid of the stupid bear (no offense Teddie :p)!

I'm also a Cat person so it makes it that much more better. :3

Seeing the cat motif and everyone moving around I'm going to guess mobility is a big thing in this game?

Lusankya

tumblr_inline_njatc5X7o11r8uyzs.png

Interesting. I wonder what cooperation will turn out to be.

Should be the new "Community" (Social Links) feature. They would never get rid of it, but considering that we're now playing the "bad guys" in a sense, I guess the relationships will be a little bit different. Not the "let's be best friends" stuff, but more like business relationships (some of them could evolve into a friendship though).

It's only a guess of mine, we need to wait for more info.

Marche90

^Surprisingly, you're on the money about that...

*facepalm*

Yes, Atlus USA which is on the west cost and is still like 4 AM there totally put out the boxart for the English version of the game before the trailer itself. :p

It obviously isn't, but y'know... I wouldn't mind if they used that art for it, looks cool enough :p

Btw, did I mentioned that I'm hyped? xD

Should be the new "Community" (Social Links) feature. They would never get rid of it, but considering that we're now playing the "bad guys" in a sense, I guess the relationships will be a little bit different. Not the "let's be best friends" stuff, but more like business relationships (some of them could evolve into a friendship though).

It's only a guess of mine, we need to wait for more info.
I'm guessing it's either the social link equivalent or a more expanded version of Golden's multiplayer.

I was expecting him to be P4MC height or taller given the concert graphic, but I guess not.

Persona-Super-Live-Key-Visual-Reveal.jpg

Or maybe this is just an inconsistency.

no i believe i am just flat out wrong, that height thingy isn't meant to represent how tall p5 mc really is, its just there for promo purposes etc

because if u look in game footage during trailer, p5mc looks pretty tall.

ingame footage > some promo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> x infinity what i said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom