• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
PS4 really has a dearth of JRPGs at this time, so understandable that one of the bigger franchises would have a good amount of anticipation. I'm happy that the desire to see more is there though. Hopefully it means bigger and better things for Atlus.

Recreating the picture with Fuuka was quite funny. I'll admit.
I think I'll try some more people before venturing into the 3rd dungeon.
Got wiped by one of these magaru casting ghosts the first time I entered

Ahem, as the main advocate of this movement, I would like to welcome you to the "FUCK CORROSION SPELLS" party.

Feel free to be angry at any time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That Teddie picture is amazing.

What did everyone get in the second dungeon? Spoiler tag your answer!

This is what I got. (Persona Q second dungeon spoilers!)

I was actually vaguely disappointed in what I got. Some of them are mad.

I ended up with Aigis.

LsmGJKY.jpg

PK Gaming

Okay, I need to comment on this, but the battle dialogue in this game is absolutely amazing. I've heard all sorts of charming little quotes, from Junpei claiming that Chidorita is the only idol for him (after fighting an idol type enemy) to Yu thinking the sofa an enemy is laying on looks comfy.

These little touches are seriously wonderful, and I hope they're in Persona 5, or even any upcoming Etrian Odyssey Untold games.

I think it's time for volume 1 of PK's Perfect Persona Q(uote) Picks

Confusion ailment
Yu: NANAKO LOOK OUT!
Naoto: The culprit is YOU, and YOU, and YOUUUUUU!
Junpei: My own worst enemy is... me!?!

Sleep ailment
Mitsuru: Time for your... execution...zzz (the line itself is forgettable, but the delivery is goddamn hilarious)

Shadow specific dialogue
Makoto: That shadow is making me queezy... (against the DNA shadow)
Yu: Can you stand up to my moves? (against the dancing couple shadow)
Yukiko: It's a table... and it's floating! (laughing fit)
Junpei: It's that shadow with the eyes again... STOP STARING AT ME.
Makoto: A boulder shadow. Looks hard. (guess)

Follow up attack
Rei: Go get em Zen!
Zen: Naturally.
Chie: Steakhouse, porterhouse, ROUNDHOUSE!

Gazoinks

Confusion ailment

I cracked up so hard the first time this happened to me. The battle dialog in this game is really a gift. Liz's Nav voice has been a lot of fun so far too:
"Leader, are you panicked? This is amus- I mean... troubling."

Confusion ailment
Naoto: The culprit is YOU, and YOU, and YOUUUUUU!
Junpei: My own worst enemy is... me!?!

Sleep ailment
Mitsuru: Time for your... execution...zzz (the line itself is forgettable, but the delivery is goddamn hilarious)

Shadow specific dialogue
Makoto: That shadow is making me queezy... (against the DNA shadow)
Yu: Can you stand up to my moves? (against the dancing couple shadow)
Yukiko: It's a table... and it's floating! (laughing fit)
Junpei: It's that shadow with the eyes again... STOP STARING AT ME.
Makoto: A boulder shadow. Looks hard. (guess)

Follow up attack
Rei: Go get em Zen!
Zen: Naturally.
Chie: Steakhouse, porterhouse, ROUNDHOUSE!

I like Mitsuru's vs the tables. It's something like, "Tables shouldn't move. It's rude!"

Also, Yu vs a king: "I was a king once...uhh, never mind."

Meia

I also really like the convos that can happen during battle too.

Chie/Yukiko same party, with Chie very low on heatlh:

Yukiko - Chie, you're hurt, back off a bit.

Chie - Sorry Yukiko, cover for me!

Beginning to think I should drop Yukari from the party and run Naoto in the same party with Kanji instead. Not really any banter with Yukari and anyone(makes sense). Only thing that worries me is how hard it'd be to catch her up.

Beginning to think I should drop Yukari from the party and run Naoto in the same party with Kanji instead. Not really any banter with Yukari and anyone(makes sense). Only thing that worries me is how hard it'd be to catch her up.
Bring in Da Man if you want Yukari banter! I looove Junpei in this game. Every one of his lines are delivered to perfection. I'm currently rolling with a Yu-Kanji-Junpei and Yukiko-Yukari squad. Loving both Kanji and Junpei's battle quotes. I had Naoto and Chie when it was just P4 crew— Naoto has some nice banter with Kanji, I kinda miss it. Same with Chie and Yuki, but I can deal. I need my agi princess.

anyone else surprised by the amount of love Persona 5 is getting in the 2015 most anticipated thread. In a good way of course :)

nah, I'm pretty sure once the first gameplay/part member/release date/etc. is released the hype on gaf will reach critical levels and the word "waifu/husbando" will be used at least 20 times per page until the mods threaten bans.

Meia

Bring in Da Man if you want Yukari banter! I looove Junpei in this game. Every one of his lines are delivered to perfection. I'm currently rolling with a Yu-Kanji-Junpei and Yukiko-Yukari squad. Loving both Kanji and Junpei's battle quotes. I had Naoto and Chie when it was just P4 crew— Naoto has some nice banter with Kanji, I kinda miss it. Same with Chie and Yuki, but I can deal. I need my agi princess.

Yeah, it's what I figured. Definitely saving the Yukari/Junpei team-up for the P3 playthrough. The sheer amount of differing VA in the game is going to make me come back to this game constantly, which is nuts. Have little doubt this'll be my most played 3DS game, which says quite a bit.

I wonder something though: I picked the P4 side, so most of the random stops in dungeons and stuff involves banter with them. Is it the opposite if you choose the P3 side? Cause that'd be even more things to see...

Busaiku

I know about Teddie, but didn't Junpei settle down when Chidori came into the picture?
I forgot about a lot of the details in Persona 3, so I could definitely be remembering wrong.

I wonder something though: I picked the P4 side, so most of the random stops in dungeons and stuff involves banter with them. Is it the opposite if you choose the P3 side? Cause that'd be even more things to see...

Well, I went P3 side and most of the random dungeon banter has focused on SEES, so I was kinda wondering the opposite. So I guess there's actually a pretty significant difference between the P3 and P4 side.

So far, I'm much more impressed with the main plot of PQ than I thought I'd be. I want to know more about the labyrinths, and what's going on with Rei and Zen. And while the P3 and P4 casts obviously can't develop individually, I think they've done a good job of showing how meeting another similar group can make you think more about yourself.
(But mostly it's just heartwarming.)

I know about Teddie, but didn't Junpei settle down when Chidori came into the picture?
I forgot about a lot of the details in Persona 3, so I could definitely be remembering wrong.

Ehhhh... marginally. She really takes effect
after she dies (permanently or otherwise).

PK Gaming

Speaking of Junpei,
does he make subtle digs at the P3MC over stupid shit, or did they drop that part of his character?

Junpei and Makoto are on good terms with each other in this game. Junpei let go of his resentment/jealousy towards him

D-Man

I also really like the convos that can happen during battle too.

Chie/Yukiko same party, with Chie very low on heatlh:

Yukiko - Chie, you're hurt, back off a bit.

Chie - Sorry Yukiko, cover for me!

Yeah, I really enjoy those too. Having Shinji and Akihiko on the same team gave me this gem of a line:

*Akihiko dies*
Shinji: Tch. How dare you take out Aki!?

It's a really simple line, but the fact that Shinji gets pissed that the shadows took down his best friend just warms my heart.

Yeah, I really enjoy those too. Having Shinji and Akihiko on the same team gave me this gem of a line:

*Akihiko dies*
Shinji: Tch. How dare you take out Aki!?

It's a really simple line, but the fact that Shinji gets pissed that the shadows took down his best friend just warms my heart.

I like having Shinji and Ken in the same party. They have one exchange at the start of some battles that goes something like this:

Shinji: "Be careful."
Ken: "Oh... y-yeah."

Busaiku

Again, I wish the Investigation Team were taken between December and February.
They don't go through the major changes that SEES faces, so they would remain pretty much the same, and Teddie wouldn't have to be so bad.

Busaiku

...And what little interest I might have had in the game just withered away.

I dunno about Teddie, but at least in the case of Akihiko, it really develops his and Shinjiro's friendship more, so he's not completely destroyed.
It's really cute a lot of times.

The 3rd laberynth is kicking my ass. I'm at the second floor with MC at level 34.
The difficulty escalated quickly on this one, specially because the different shadows seem to work with each other to make the combat really hard and also because some of them are reaaally fast. I really can't advance more than two doors without badly fearing for my progress.

PK Gaming

Gotcha. Thanks.

...And what little interest I might have had in the game just withered away.

Nah dude

There's plenty of reasons to love Teddie in this game. He's flanderized to hell and back, but he's got some great scenes

Plus you can pair him up with Yu.

I dunno about Teddie, but at least in the case of Akihiko, it really develops his and Shinjiro's friendship more, so he's not completely destroyed.

Agreed. The only thing that kinda bugs me about Akihiko in PQ is the protein mentions, the rest of it works well enough with what was established in P3 before he got Caesar. He always seemed a little reckless to me at first. And the bickering with Shinji is nice to see.

Are you saying he's Te-DIE for?

You stretched for that one, but I applaud the effort and creativity!

Caladrius

That's somewhat reassuring.

Nah dude

Plus you can pair him up with Yu.

Hmmm....

That said, I'm sadly not all that invested in the core gameplay (and, as I've snarked about many times, the aesthetic), so it's not exactly priority for me. I'll probably get it eventually during one of my dry months though.

FluxWaveZ

If we want to be (irrationally) anticipating a date for potential Persona 5 news, there's Jump Festa 2015 starting on December 20th, but Atlus doesn't attend that show.

Correction: Even though Atlus doesn't attend the show, Sega does. Akin to the "Atlus doesn't attend TGS" sentiment leading to Sega showing off new gameplay for EOIIU and a new P4D trailer at TGS via an Atlus presentation, I suppose the same could occur at a Jump Festa. I'm not sure that's the sort of venue for any big surprises, however.

nah, I'm pretty sure once the first gameplay/part member/release date/etc. is released the hype on gaf will reach critical levels and the word "waifu/husbando" will be used at least 20 times per page until the mods threaten bans.

The day a trailer comes out revealing all the characters, music, gameplay , story etc will be a glorious day. I think its perfectly fine to discuss whose character design (female or male) you like the most but some people do take it too far.

Not really, actually. Persona 5 got 8th place last year, and it hadn't even been announced for NA at that point, and some were unsure if it was even gonna come out in 2014 in NA so they refrained from voting for it. We barely knew anything about it, either (kinda the same now, but its 2015 release has become more certain).

Now it's on the PS4 as well as the PS3. People are really excited for it, and it shows.

Never suspected Gaf to have such a large Persona following....or maybe people just want to play an amazing jrpg :eek: .

Dantis

Man, that picture is fucking badass.

First time we've seen Makoto in Soejima's most recent style, also.

EDIT: That picture also suggests that Atlus are deliberately not showing Soejima's rendition of Glasses-kun (As I think we all suspected anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom