• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the P5 cast won't need some awkward gimmick to summon their Personas.

Nah I'm sure they will come up with a cool way of summoning them. I'm sure people, myself included would be pretty dissapointed if they didn't. I still think it's gonna be through an electronic device, not necessarily a cellphone, but yeah.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I liked that the Persona 4 cast had the card method, because it allowed each one to show some of their personalities in how they crushed the card.

Eh, I liked that the Persona 4 cast had the card method, because it allowed each one to show some of their personalities in how they crushed the card.

Weren't the P3 cast originally supposed to use cards, but they switched to evokers because it looked cooler?

I struggled with which adjective to use. I settled on 'cooler' because it was broad.

Sophia

Weren't the P3 cast originally supposed to use cards, but they switched to evokers because it looked cooler?

I dunno about the "looked cooler" part, but you're right in that the very earliest art for Persona 3 shows the male and female protagonist holding cards.

I just received my Persona Q Wild Cards Premium Edition today and I'm a little bit frustrated I just got half the tarot cards I thought I'd get... Is it true the other cards come with the regular edition of the new P4Arena?

Meia

I just received my Persona Q Wild Cards Premium Edition today and I'm a little bit frustrated I just got half the tarot cards I thought I'd get... Is it true the other cards come with the regular edition of the new P4Arena?

Persona 4 Ultimax, the newer one, yes. Half the tarot from one, half from the other.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I dunno about the "looked cooler" part, but you're right in that the very earliest art for Persona 3 shows the male and female protagonist holding cards.

From a PR standpoint, I would prefer any method that didn't rustle any jimmies. That aside, P3's evokers were awesome. Tarot cards too, but something very poignant about having to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger to unlock an inner power.

arue

Soejima's art changes pretty much all the time which is why P2, P3, P4 and Arena sometimes look radically different as far as their artwork is concerned. It got a lot more refined and unique over the last few years and considering that Soejima is apparently drawing since he was a child that's only to be expected. However, as far as this picture is concerned, it's pretty much in line with his more rough Arena art.

If you want to see for yourself how much his art changed so far, I suggest you take a look at his work from Soul Hackers:

Source with even more SH-era Soejima art

I'm sure you can point out the differences by yourself. I like how his older art looks sometimes a lot like the art of AKIRA author Katsuhiro Otomo. By the way, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto of Evangelion fame had a similiar artstyle in the 1990s.
Wow I almost did not recognize his art in SH (haven't played SH yet). It looks like his art is moving towards the manga/anime style over the years.

It's incredibly rough, but you should get the gist.
Thanks for the translation. I love that last panel conversation.

PK Gaming

tumblr_nge8yhAaT21sc445jo1_500.png

tumblr_nge8yhAaT21sc445jo2_1280.png

tumblr_nge8yhAaT21sc445jo3_1280.png

source

Lunar15

I think "Night of the Phantom" is still something very important to P5. Nothing else in Persona really refers to a Phantom, so why call it that?

What if they actually did use the masquerade masks as the evokers this time, like they were going to for P4?

Y'know, one of the themes of Phantom of the Opera is struggling to express yourself in a society that doesn't share, or even rejects your passions. Kinda lines up, huh?

Soejima's art changes pretty much all the time which is why P2, P3, P4 and Arena sometimes look radically different as far as their artwork is concerned. It got a lot more refined and unique over the last few years and considering that Soejima is apparently drawing since he was a child that's only to be expected. However, as far as this picture is concerned, it's pretty much in line with his more rough Arena art.

If you want to see for yourself how much his art changed so far, I suggest you take a look at his work from Soul Hackers:

Good catch, Setsu!

I think "Night of the Phantom" is still something very important to P5. Nothing else in Persona really refers to a Phantom, so why call it that?

What if they actually did use the masquerade masks as the evokers this time, like they were going to for P4?

Y'know, one of the themes of Phantom of the Opera is struggling to express yourself in a society that doesn't share, or even rejects your passions. Kinda lines up, huh?

That would be interesting. I agree that we'll probably have something in P5 that relates with this "Night of the Phantom".

Persona 5 cast are gonna summon their Personas using an app on their phones. They're gonna leave one star reviews every time their attack misses.

FluxWaveZ

The latest p-ch news post teases the meaning of the concert's subtitle. It might just be in relation to the concert itself and not P5.

Alright, I gotta know this one since there's speculation about it, so introducing Poll #006: Will Persona 5 get new, significant information before February 5th, 2015? Significant information means any information we do not currently have about the game. So release date or new character art? Yes. New art of the P5 protag. or a reiteration of P5's thematic concepts? No.

Most answered correctly for Poll #005, so yay.

Verder

Guyssss what if the p5 protag is turnt around so it could leave us to our imaginations to decide what Gender we want them to be.

id love a Male/Female choice.

Dantis

To expand on that, each game generally has a kind of specific sub-style within Soejima's overall style, and that generally permeates into his non-specific work, like this.

CorvoSol

P5's cast will all summon their Personas by
shadow pulling

The game will feature a cast of two dudes and like, two girls?
One dude will have a fro and be very into getting his shadow pulled by main guy.

Persona 5 will be all about exploring the evils of Personas and the villain will be Ikutsuki in a wheelchair but actually is evil persona lol bechudinseethatcoming cuz really it's angsty Katsuya.

PK Gaming

shadow pulling

One dude will have a fro and be very into getting his shadow pulled by main guy.

Persona 5 will be all about exploring the evils of Personas and the villain will be Ikutsuki in a wheelchair but actually is evil persona lol bechudinseethatcoming cuz really it's angsty Katsuya.

The main theme will be visually represented through a giant orca, which happens to be the central character in the main story.

There is no orca

Makio

shadow pulling

Now i can see the opening theme of P5 will sound like this....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASlX43WoK3s

And dont forget the girl addicted to
shadow pullin is Aegis / Labrys cousin (4 th generation antipersona weapon)creation of Katsuya

Marie gonna make supernatural apparences with a Red Dress...

Nanako Dojima works with the bad guys and infiltrate in the school of the MC , making a lesbian / friendship relationship with one of the girls and a love / no love (friendzone) with AfroJunpei.

Chie returns ... now is a Secret Service PD , she no loves meat anymore and is a cold bastard she only wants erradicade the evil personas , never mentions her past with personas o another great reference ....

The game gonna feature P3/P4 songs in the most pointless moments to remember this game is in the same universe.

Hell yeah 10/10 ... give 10 copies right now. (Good call CorvoSol)

PD: In a Serious note Breakin'Through is a amazing song , i hope the p5 theme is something like that ( one of the few good things of Trinity Soul)

FluxWaveZ

A comparison between Persona and Saints Row, huh. Never thought I'd see the day.

Poll's closer than I thought it'd be right now, just like last time. I voted "no"; can't really see there being much of note happening before the concert.

shadow pulling

#neverforgetdickpark

DNAbro

A comparison between Persona and Saints Row, huh. Never thought I'd see the day.

Poll's closer than I thought it'd be right now, just like last time. I voted "no"; can't really see there being much of note happening before the concert.

I feel like a concert would be an awkward spot to show off info, so I think we might get something before it and then music from the game at the concert.

FluxWaveZ

I feel like a concert would be an awkward spot to show off info, so I think we might get something before it and then music from the game at the concert.

I also think a concert would be a weird place to show off substantial P5 info that wasn't related to its music, but my thoughts diverge from yours afterwards. What I am currently thinking is that the concert will serve as a debut of P5 information, of which media for the game will follow. I can't really see much P5 info unveiled during the remaining days of December or in January.

Sophia

From a PR standpoint, I would prefer any method that didn't rustle any jimmies. That aside, P3's evokers were awesome. Tarot cards too, but something very poignant about having to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger to unlock an inner power.

In otherwords, you're just afraid of her....

55843270ifa8y.jpg

I also think a concert would be a weird place to show off substantial P5 info that wasn't related to its music, but my thoughts diverge from yours afterwards. What I am currently thinking is that the concert will serve as a debut of P5 information, of which media for the game will follow. I can't really see much P5 info happening in the remaining days of December or in January.

My bet is we get info on the game in Famitsu the week/week before of the concert, and the concert is used to show off a trailer and new music like how they did for Persona 3: The Movie.

Gazoinks

In otherwords, you're just afraid of her....

55843270ifa8y.jpg

To be fair, P3 is pretty much the easiest game to demonize ever. Teenagers shoot themselves in the head to summon Satan!

As far as summoning goes, I definitely like the idea of masks being the focal object this time around. I like the visual stuff you can do with cool opera masks and such. Although... our protag has glasses. >.>

Makio

i dont why but i think the release date of P5 gonna be in May 5th , 2015 (5-5-15)

And yes i can see Atlus begins with the promos art , trailers and information in January.

I dont think P5 gonna be a Fall 2015 / Winter 2015 release in Japan.

----------

Verder

P5 gotta be out by like July for Japan at least. Atlus doesn't have any other SMT/PERSONA game they are working on besides DeSu2 break record and dancing all night .

SMTV pleaseeee

Alright, get ready for my crazy prediction:

Last song of the concert will be a P5 song, either the intro or the battle song, but it will have vocals. Maybe there will be a trailer in the background, like Sophia said.

The singer will be in the middle of the stage, with their back pointing to the audience. Of course, there will be red light. Slowly, the singer will turn around and they will be wearing a mask. In the middle of the song (maybe during a slow part), they will remove their mask, revealing their identity.

Mark this post, folks.

Yes, I'm bored and I have a lot of imagination.

FluxWaveZ

i dont why but i think the release date of P5 gonna be in May 5th , 2015 (5-5-15)

Heh, you sure you don't know why? Still, as cool as a 5/5/5 thing would be, I really have to think back to the logistics of game releases on Thursdays, and that's not a Thursday. If they really wanted to, I'm sure they could make it happen, though.

The singer will be in the middle of the stage, with their back pointing to the audience. Of course, there will be red light. Slowly, the singer will turn around and they will be wearing a mask. In the middle of the song (maybe during a slow part), they will remove their mask, revealing their identity.

Yep, and I've already determined that it'll be Lady Gaga.

Hm, concert's on a Thursday... Starts at 18:30 JST or 4:30 AM EST. If we manage to get a stream solution, I'll have to make arrangements to see it live.

Acid08

Banned
Hm, concert's on a Thursday... Starts at 18:30 JST or 4:30 AM EST. If we manage to get a stream solution, I'll have to make arrangements to see it live.

1:30am huh. Will have to make sure my Friday is full of a whole lot of nothing so I can watch it live.

arue

4:30 AM on a Thursday morning? I have 8:00 AM class the next day, so I might as well not sleep at all >_>

Does anyone know how long the stream will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom