• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Persona Super Live and P5 banners are both above P4D on the p-ch.

I think P4D is still miles away from release.

It's pretty much a sketch. Much rougher than his proper illustrations, but it seems like he rarely has the time to do those any more. I still think it's great though.

Yeah, that's what I don't like about it. When I saw it first on twitter I thought it was fanart.

Dantis

Yeah, that's what I don't like about it. When I saw it first on twitter I thought it was fanart.

I wish people did draw fanart like that. I was looking at Naoto fanart yesterday, and was just reminded that generally speaking I dislike all of it.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and say that, yes, I see the irony of not liking Naoto fanart.

I think it looks great you guys. But I'm not an artist.

Back to Friday updates at least! Just missed last week.

I think it looks great too! That's what I said.

Arizato

Haven't gone to this thread in a while. But has there been any speculation on what the Persona summoning method will be in Persona 5? I would love to hear your ideas!

I really like that picture, just so badass. Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but will the Super Live be streamed at all? Have they said anything either way?

Tamanon

Banned
I really like that picture, just so badass. Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but will the Super Live be streamed at all? Have they said anything either way?

No stream announced. I imagine they wouldn't talk about it until tickets were sold out at least.

FluxWaveZ

Yikes, Akihiko.
B4qR4dMCEAAidWk.jpg:large
Certainly not rocking that pose.

They've posted more of the P4A stage play actors in costume, since the stage play's taking place next week. Also, a few days ago the Chie (Mariya Ise, voice of Killua in the 2011 HxH adaptation) was reported to be replaced, since she's apparently not doing well physically.

kewlmyc

Yikes, Akihiko.

They've posted more of the P4A stage play actors in costume, since the stage play's taking place next week. Also, a few days ago the Chie (Mariya Ise, voice of Killua in the 2011 HxH adaptation) was reported to be replaced, since she's apparently not doing well physically.

No not Mariya. I hope she gets better.

Looking at those cast photos, its VERY hit and miss!

Aigis and Labrys look ROUGH! Suppose its hard to replicate a fucking robot properly on stage though.

Mitsuru looks AWESOME though! So does Kanji for that matter.

Chie and Yukiko look really good, although since Chie may be getting replaced, that kinda sucks.

Naoto, Yosuke, Liz and Naoto look OK, I guess. Nothing really special about them.

Rise and Akihiko........ well the less said, the better eh?

arue

New Soejima art of P3MC! Hype for the concert is slowly rising.

I want to see Glasses-kun's face though.

Edit: it also looks like Glasses-kun is confirmed to be the tallest among P3/P4/P5 MC. Probably still shorter than Tatsuya though.

MSMrRound

Coming home from work...was gonna watch the bonus OVA to recover from a bout of flu, but damn, that key visual certainly helped much more.

Now I'm hyped and I can't get the much-needed sleep that I need.

Lunar15

I think the most hype thing about that picture is that they're holding Masquerade masks. That's such a strong callback to the series' roots, to me.

Also, did anyone else notice the connection between "Night of the Phantom" and them holding masquerade masks? Not sure what it means, but it's definitely a thing. Also note that P5's mask looks like a different shape. Not sure that means anything, but it is weird when P4 and P3 protags have the same style mask.

Also: I was doing the Most Anticipated Game of 2015 voting, and I realized that I might be more hyped for P5 than any other game ever. But this also kind of increases my fears that it won't live up to my hype. I'm trying to maintain good, modest expectations... but it's hard.

Messiah

I think the most hype thing about that picture is that they're holding Masquerade masks. That's such a strong callback to the series' roots, to me.

Also, did anyone else notice the connection between "Night of the Phantom" and them holding masquerade masks? Not sure what it means, but it's definitely a thing. Also note that P5's mask looks like a different shape. Not sure that means anything, but it is weird when P4 and P3 protags have the same style mask.

First thing that I though of when I saw the artwork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgz6PnHkmpY

Stuck in my head all day.

Also, weren't the first concepts of the P4 glasses masquerade masks?

Setsu00

Everyone has a different mask if you look closely.

Makio

Yeah, I'm definitely getting tickets to Persona Super Live. I'll be sure to update you all on twitter before/after the show~

First : Enjoy the show.

Second : Record (audio o video) of the new "songs" if you can .,.. i loved to hear at least a leaked version of those.

But i think the recordings gonna hit the web before the concert ends ... (LMAO).
Welcome to the internet era.

Great tease Atlus ... great tease.
I looking forward to the Shoji new ost for p5 is one of the things i like to know more....
and THE NEW WAIFUS OF COURSE

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Yikes, Akihiko.

I really hope HQ has plans to sell Aigis leggings.

Also, holy crap that P5 image. FYI, Soejima is 150% more awesome in person than you can possibly imagine.

Setsu00

Did Soejima changed his artstyle? I'd never have guessed it was from him. Looks good.

Also, P1/P2 dead confirmed.

Soejima's art changes pretty much all the time which is why P2, P3, P4 and Arena sometimes look radically different as far as their artwork is concerned. It got a lot more refined and unique over the last few years and considering that Soejima is apparently drawing since he was a child that's only to be expected. However, as far as this picture is concerned, it's pretty much in line with his more rough Arena art.

If you want to see for yourself how much his art changed so far, I suggest you take a look at his work from Soul Hackers:

Source with even more SH-era Soejima art

I'm sure you can point out the differences by yourself. I like how his older art looks sometimes a lot like the art of AKIRA author Katsuhiro Otomo. By the way, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto of Evangelion fame had a similiar artstyle in the 1990s.

I really hope HQ has plans to sell Aigis leggings.

Also, holy crap that P5 image. FYI, Soejima is 150% more awesome in person than you can possibly imagine.

Is there any chance that Soejima will be back for E3 next year? I'd like to hear more about his art and what influenced his art style.

Setsu00

Wow that was fast ... (i love that in this fandom)
Poor Hamuko lol

I love to see a translation of the dialogue.

Panel 1
P4MC: Who's this guy anyway?
Staff: Thanks for the photo shoot!

Panel 2
P1MC: I guess we're again not a part of the next Persona concert. That new guy is kinda cool.
Maya: It's cold today, right? Should we go and get some ramen later?
Tatsuya: [Not with the guys.] (This line is confusing me. Someone help me.)

Panel 3
-no text-

Panel 4
Maya: YOU! WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Panel 5
Maya: I understand. Shall we eat some hot ramen together?
P3FeMC: But, but...! It's so cold todaaaay...!

Panel 6
Philemon: I can't find my three spare masks... Igor, do you know anything about this?

It's incredibly rough, but you should get the gist.

That Teddie picture is amazing.

What did everyone get in the second dungeon? Spoiler tag your answer!

This is what I got. (Persona Q second dungeon spoilers!)

I was actually vaguely disappointed in what I got. Some of them are mad.
I got Fuuka first time, and it made me care about her character. lol When I redid it yesterday I got Yukari!

Okay, I need to comment on this, but the battle dialogue in this game is absolutely amazing. I've heard all sorts of charming little quotes, from Junpei claiming that Chidorita is the only idol for him (after fighting an idol type enemy) to Yu thinking the sofa an enemy is laying on looks comfy.

These little touches are seriously wonderful, and I hope they're in Persona 5, or even any upcoming Etrian Odyssey Untold games.
Yeah I love them too, like I commented in the game's OT. But I'm kinda dissapointed that my party of Aki, Yosuke, Kanji and Yukari doesn't have any special dialogue aside from Yosuke and Kanji. Like, I would specially expect them to have since some of the pairs have a lot of similarities, but oh well.

"Senpai! Are you okay?! Come on, grab onto me!"
"Uhh, yeah...huh, no thanks, haha."

PK Gaming

Elizabeth: Yosuke is disappointingly unable to run or dodge. Poor Yosuke...

Oh Elizabeth

EDIT: Yosuke: DNA? That's huh hypoxy...rodeo...nuclear acid!

Makio

Persona Trinity Soul status : MOOOOORIIIIIIMOOOOTOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , WHYYYY FUCK NOOOOOOOOO :c No you little Aigis Copycat .... damn that hurts.

That's it shitty anime .... that is my limit go fuck yourself , pretending full shit story and bland characters , you turn Akihiko in some pussy ...

Fuck this shit , but at least is better than P4 Golden Animation ...lol.

2 episodes left see or no see it ....

-------------
I think that the P5 cast won't need some awkward gimmick to summon their Personas.

Yeah make a badass way like in P1 / P2 ... simpling summoning

Persona Trinity Soul status : MOOOOORIIIIIIMOOOOTOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , WHYYYY FUCK NOOOOOOOOO :c No you little Aigis Copycat .... damn that hurts.

That's it shitty anime .... that is my limit go fuck yourself , pretending full shit story and bland characters , you turn Akihiko in some pussy ...

Fuck this shit , but at least is better than P4 Golden Animation ...lol.

2 episodes left see or no see it ....

-------------

Yeah make a badass way like in P1 / P2 ... simpling summoning

But if it goes back to simple summoning, what would change to make it possible?

Also, vicious Trinity Soul hate makes me giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom