• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Can't tell you how glad I am we actually got the PQ theme out. I've been fighting for it since Japan announced the existence of 3DS Themes, so it's super cool to see that finally come to fruition. Hoping we get to see more themes from us.

New 3DS Faceplates though...that's an entirely different battle altogether.

Tamanon

Banned
Can't tell you how glad I am we actually got the PQ theme out. I've been fighting for it since Japan announced the existence of 3DS Themes, so it's super cool to see that finally come to fruition. Hoping we get to see more themes from us.

You know how much people will be busting your door down if there's a Persona 5 theme now that PS4's have them.

Gazoinks

That's cool to hear, I'd definitely love to see more Atlus themes. I'm also really glad it's priced at 0.99. I know it's only a dollar difference, but 1.99 feels like it's pushing it for a theme.

And Vita could get a Persona 4: Dancing All Night theme now that they support themes too.
Well dang, now I'll be sad if this doesn't happen. I'm a fan of Rise's (original? not sure if they've changed the art) P4DAN promo art:
6AqUfwp.jpg

I'm sure a slick, pseudo-neon P4D theme would really pop on Vita.

PK Gaming

Persona Q's second dungeon is... interesting

(Dungeon 2 spoilers follows)

So the 2nd dungeon has you answering a bunch of questions that ultimately result in the protagonist getting paired up with a particular character. You'd expect it just involve girls, but the game does allows you to pair up with the guys as well. It's... well, interesting. While most of the guy x guy pairings are goofy, some of them raise some interesting points like how same sex marriage is still illegal in Japan (you can even flirt with the guys, which I thought was mildly enjoyable). It's an almost depressing commentary on how same sex marriage is still illegal in Japan. I think it's nice the game enforces the idea marriage between the same sex is fine provided that love is there. Homosexuality in japan is still a hot button issue in japan, so it's cool to see it in Persona Q broach the topic, even if it's very lighthearted. (though I wish they went a bit farther with it, like with the girls). It ultimately leaves me feeling optimistic about same sex coupling in Persona 5.
(images contain dungeon 2 spoilers)

Hopefully that changes one day

Massive respect for Mitsuru

Cheating is a serious crime

I think i'd make a good wife

PK Gaming

That Teddie picture is amazing.

What did everyone get in the second dungeon? Spoiler tag your answer!

This is what I got. (Persona Q second dungeon spoilers!)

I was actually vaguely disappointed in what I got. Some of them are mad.

I got
Yosuke. Yosuke plays along with Yu for nearly the entire way through, but he starts freaking out over the prospect of actually getting married to Yu at the end.

"YES, now we can be partners for life!

What was the Naoto pairing like?

Yosuke
Would've been funnier if I played P4 side I imagine.
I totally ship YuxYosuke

The OTP. There's a ton of ship tease dialogue between the 2, haha.

Meia

To what should be the surprise of no one,
Chie.

I'm really a fan of how the system itself works, even though
I was locked into the choice I wanted in the first three questions I was asked, so the other answers didn't matter at all.
Reading a lil about it shows how elaborate it is though.

And I'm so happy we have a PQ theme. With the Vita having themes, I'm kind of shocked a Persona 4 Golden one wasn't one of the first to go up(even having the BGs from the CE).

Dantis

I got
Yosuke. Yosuke plays along for nearly the entire way, though he starts freaking out over the prospect of actually getting married at the end.

"YES, now we can be partners for life!

What was the Naoto pairing like?

That's hilarious.

And it was fine. Honestly, I was mostly amused by the sheer fact that that's what I got. It's also the only part of the game up to now where she speaks like a girl. It's pretty similar to Naoto's Lovers scenes in P4G. Lots of awkwardness and blushing and taking things literally.

Pretty sure Naoto canonically likes Narukami.

Sophia

This is literally the worst result.

I thought at first the system worked on a points based system. But sadly it's entirely binary.
The first and third question automatically locked me into my choice, and nothing would change it. I wasn't about to redo the entire dungeon or start over either. :\

Meia

From what I understand though, by
entering the first question room again, you can go through the whole thing a second time. Since these rooms are usually placed by shortcuts, it also doesn't take too long to do.

Marie is god tier in this game. I'd almost want them to redo P4G with what they apparently learned to do with her in PQ, since she's just flat out better.

Messiah

entering the first question room again, you can go through the whole thing a second time. Since these rooms are usually placed by shortcuts, it also doesn't take too long to do.

Marie is god tier in this game. I'd almost want them to redo P4G with what they apparently learned to do with her in PQ, since she's just flat out better.

Yeah, I redid it a couple of times. Takes 5 minutes at most if you escape the battles.

PK Gaming

That's hilarious.

And it was fine. Honestly, I was mostly amused by the sheer fact that that's what I got. It's also the only part of the game where she speaks like a girl. It's pretty similar to Naoto's Lovers scenes in P4G. Lots of awkwardness and blushing and taking things literally.

Pretty sure Naoto canonically likes Narukami.

Ah, that's really interesting

I think you might be right. I saw Naoto x Makoto on youtube, and while there was a lot of blushing on her part, I never got the sense that she was into him. Poor Kanji.

Speaking of him, did Kanji interrupt the wedding for you? I got a kick out of Rise yelling: "Hey Kanji, are you ok with this?! on the P3 side

Word. Marie is really great now.

Dantis

Ah, that's really interesting

I think you might be right. I saw Naoto x Makoto on youtube, and while there was a lot of blushing on her part, I never got the sense that she was into him.

Did Kanji interrupt the wedding for you? I got a kick out of Rise yelling: "Hey Kanji, are you ok with this?!

Uh, no? What?

That's kind of super interesting.

Meia

Hrm,
Yukiko was the one that barged in and interrupted it when I got Chie I'm pretty sure. Now I wonder if that's another specific thing that can change based on which character you get.

Dantis

Hrm,
Yukiko was the one that barged in and interrupted it when I got Chie I'm pretty sure. Now I wonder if that's another specific thing that can change based on which character you get.

It was Yosuke or Rise I think for me? They said "Huh?!? Were you two actually about to get married?!?". Sounds more like a Rise thing to say, so it was probably her.

https://twitter.com/Aruetsuto/status/541097399817875456?s=09

I knew I'd get him after I choose "a tall glass of milk" in one of the choices.

I'm not even mad. I wanted Aigis or Naoto though.
Really? I didn't know you liked Naoto that much.

I remember I got
Junpei
for the 'wedding' scene, and it was exactly as I hoped it would be! Cant quite remember who interrupted it though.

But as for the questions, nothing really stood out to me as being locked into the person that I got.

Sophia

https://twitter.com/Aruetsuto/status/541097399817875456?s=09

I knew I'd get him after I choose "a tall glass of milk" in one of the choices.

I'm not even mad. I wanted Aigis or Naoto though.

You picked wrong at the first option for both of them, I believe. If you answer the gender question in favor of the guys, then you only seem to get the guy

Are you serious about the door thing?! Fuuuu...

arue

Really? I didn't know you liked Naoto that much.
She's basically P3MC female version. I like her the moment I saw her (though I mistook her as a boy at first).

You picked wrong at the first option for both of them, I believe. If you answer the gender question in favor of the guys, then you only seem to get the guy
Well I thought if I chose "gender doesn't matter" I'd get both male and female partner. I didn't know anything about the questions beforehand because I wanted to surprise myself.

Dantis

She's basically P3MC female version. I like her the moment I saw her (though I mistook her as a boy at first).

Ahaha! That makes sense. ;)

FUN FACT: Soejima's original design for FeMC was literally a female version of Makoto, then he decided that was lazy and dumb.

Well I thought if I chose "gender doesn't matter" I'd get both male and female partner. I didn't know anything about the questions beforehand because I wanted to surprise myself.

Same here. It would have ruined it to research it beforehand.

PK Gaming

Hrm,

Most of them are generic, though it seems that certain pairings elicit unique response from characters.

Messiah

Are you serious about the door thing?! Fuuuu...

You can only redo it after you finished it once.

Meia

Yeah, for the second dungeon,
there's like 8 questions, but you can be locked into a choice with the first three, which really narrow down to someone uber specific. First choice effects male vs. female, then it narrows down. Second was indoor vs outdoor activity, then for me the third question was "favorite choice of snack" with an option for meat gum, so yeah. If you don't get that uber specific question, the last two are the ones designed to sort you with someone very specific in terms of what you're looking for in a partner.

You can only redo it after you finished it once.

This, yeah. Once you get to the third dungeon you can go back and do the whole thing again.

FireSol

Damn...I think Im in love/hate with PQ, I love almost everything in game, but dungeon design is not my cup of tea (( Im stuck at 3rd Group Date Cafe and it not let me go through 1 door and i cant find the trigger that opens it

Sophia

Okay, I need to comment on this, but the battle dialogue in this game is absolutely amazing. I've heard all sorts of charming little quotes, from Junpei claiming that Chidorita is the only idol for him (after fighting an idol type enemy) to Yu thinking the sofa an enemy is laying on looks comfy.

These little touches are seriously wonderful, and I hope they're in Persona 5, or even any upcoming Etrian Odyssey Untold games.

Chie just bitched me out about not getting enough action :/

I've been levelling everyone equally by putting the lowest level party members in every time I leave a dungeon.

That means she's a higher level than the 4 current party members I'm using!

Chie, you cray!

For the second dungeon,
I got Yukari, which is exactly what I wanted. I didn't research it going in, but luckily for me the outdoor activity question made it really easy, as choosing "archery" was a no brainer. Yukari in general has been my favourite part of PQ, I forgot how much I liked her character mid-arc in P3. Her distrust of SEES is really interesting to me.

Second the battle dialogue, most of it is so good. My favourite so far has been Junpei calling one of those tree type enemies a "tree-mono." It's especially cool because these are the same enemies we as players have been fighting since P3, so hearing the characters call out their oddities makes it so much sweeter.

One of the best features of PQ though is being able to access the menu directly from the workshop screen. Makes equipping a new party so much easier.

kewlmyc

Chie just bitched me out about not getting enough action :/

I've been levelling everyone equally by putting the lowest level party members in every time I leave a dungeon.

That means she's a higher level than the 4 current party members I'm using!

Chie, you cray!
When is this? I only use one party but haven't run across this.

jzbluz

Kind of regretting canceling PQ's preorder since everyone seems to be having so much fun. Oh well, I got the theme at least.

Can we get a SMTIV theme now?

Messiah

Fuuka. Was quite cute. Tried it again and got Rise. Navigator heaven, lol

Recreating the picture with Fuuka was quite funny. I'll admit.
I think I'll try some more people before venturing into the 3rd dungeon.
Got wiped by one of these magaru casting ghosts the first time I entered

kewlmyc

That Teddie picture is amazing.

What did everyone get in the second dungeon? Spoiler tag your answer!

This is what I got. (Persona Q second dungeon spoilers!)

I was actually vaguely disappointed in what I got. Some of them are mad.

I got
Theodore.

Sucks that picking "sex doesn't matter" automatically puts you on the guys only route instead of giving you more options.

Theodore's still a good choice though. Dude has a hard life.

Fuuka. Was quite cute. Tried it again and got Rise. Navigator heaven, lol

You tried the entire dungeon over again?

FluxWaveZ

anyone else surprised by the amount of love Persona 5 is getting in the 2015 most anticipated thread. In a good way of course :)

Not really, actually. Persona 5 got 8th place last year, and it hadn't even been announced for NA at that point, and some were unsure if it was even gonna come out in 2014 in NA so they refrained from voting for it. We barely knew anything about it, either (kinda the same now, but its 2015 release has become more certain).

Now it's on the PS4 as well as the PS3. People are really excited for it, and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom