• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
RHiu85L.jpg

MC's shadow? Will it be fully voiced? Should we expect MC to be voiced(Please no)?

misterF

Neo Member
Trailer was incredible! I'm not worried about there only being 4 characters, all of the gameplay scenes (both real world and in the dungeon) occured on the same day, April 11th, which is pretty early in the game. It would make sense that other party members haven't joined the group yet.

Lunar15

MC looks like most depictions of Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo:

the_count_of_monte_cristo_by_seymourfan.jpg

Whelp, I have my name for him. It's going to be Dantes. Not to be confused with Dantis, of course.

Jawmuncher

Trailer was incredible! I'm not worried about there only being 4 characters, all of the gameplay scenes (both real world and in the dungeon) occured on the same day, April 11th, which is pretty early in the game. It would make sense that other party members haven't joined the group yet.

Yeah I'm still betting on some more party members. I can't see them only having 4.

Logash

Yeah I don't really understand people thinking that there will only be 4 characters total. Every Persona game has had big cast and there is no reason to think otherwise for Persona 5.

Yeah, by far the biggest market for that stuff in Europe.

So did no one record the live show parts of the stream?

yep, i think it goes something like France>Spain>Italy>>Germany>>>>>>>>UK
Spain and france have similar manga and anime markets of how big and varied they are, italy is close also, Germany doesnt seem that big, but the smaller one is clearly in the UK.
English speaking countries seem to have smaller japanese culture markets. I wonder why.
They just got (and butchered) Doraemon in united states and thats the japanese Mickey Mouse in terms of popularity. I think that these countries not getting Doraemon sooner is insane.

Yeah I don't really understand people thinking that there will only be 4 characters total. Every Persona game has had big cast and there is no reason to think otherwise for Persona 5.

Well, the P4 intro showed all the characters right away so I guess people kinda assume we would've seen all of them in this one as well.

Anyway, I already said this earlier but I've been wondering for a long time if Meguro will go for an instrumental ost in this one and the fact that there's no singing in the intro music makes me think so. Of course there could still be vocal songs in there, it's just a feeling.

yep, i think it goes something like France>Spain>Italy>>Germany>>>>>>>>UK
Spain and france have similar manga and anime markets of how big and varied they are, italy is close also, Germany doesnt seem that big, but the smaller one is clearly in the UK.
English speaking countries seem to have smaller japanese culture markets. I wonder why.
They just got (and butchered) Doraemon in united states and thats the japanese Mickey Mouse in terms of popularity. I think that these countries not getting Doraemon sooner is insane.

Yeah, I was going to mention my spanish neighbors but then it slipped my mind.
Hell, anime has its share of popularity here in Portugal, but its a tiny market.

Busaiku

Yeah, I think the regular proportions are making everyone think the characters'll be older.
Still think they'll be 11th grade.

Probably, Spain and France love their JRPGs (In dont know about Italy, but they have also a big anime market).
We have quite an interest in jrpgs, but a lot of people are put off by the lack of localization. Both anime/comics and videogames are definitely "growing" here, and it's easy to see thanks to the many new "exhibitions" (not sure what the right word is) that are popping up recently.
Sadly, the lack of translation really does exclude a big part of the population; while young people study it at school, most don't really take it too seriously and probably wouldn't be able to play games or read a book. This also exclude many of the "older" people: for example there's a lot of games that (I think) my parents might enjoy, thanks to a fun gameplay or an intriguing story, but as they don't know English, they'll never even be able to try them.
It's still very common to see comments like "If it has no translation/subtitles I won't buy it", which I found a bit sad, but at the same time understandable.

Steel

Banned
Actually, that makes a lot of sense, especially with the change in eye color. I didn't even think of them doing that again for some reason.

Could be something like (P4U minor spoilers)
Sho or labrys
where they have their shadow inside them, either coexisting or fighting for control. Could be interesting.

Hell, anime has its share of popularity here in Portugal, but its a tiny market.

Anime was bigger a few years ago in Portugal, I'm guessing the boom occurred with Dragon Ball, and maybe Pokemon? Doraemon? But yeah, both IberAnime OPO and Comic-Con Portugal were packed, so there is a market here.

I was actually surprised to see some P4 stuff in those cons, got myself Chie and Yukiko figurines :D

Meh, it looked Ok i guess.

OMFG SO MUCH HYPE HOLY SHIT HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS NOW!!!!!!!! WHY IS NOTHING COMING OUT SOON THAT CAN DISTRACT ME FROM HOW MUCH I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Also, DAN looks great!

LX_Theo

Banned
Could be something like (P4U minor spoilers)
Sho or labrys
where they have their shadow inside them, either coexisting or fighting for control. Could be interesting.

Considering the role the main cast seem to play, it'd be interesting if they embraced their shadows in that sort of way.

I just woke up, spent half an hour going through everything, I'm freaking hyped. Guess I was sorta right on how you summon your personas. MC has a wild look on his face and a radically different personality, so I guess his mask let's him "free" that side of him. And they become their persona, that is very interesting. Kinda surprised how close I was with "putting the mask on let's you become your other side" theory

Oh yeah, Atlus, don't pull another Teddie, I want to like Cat-kun...

Astra

Wooow. I was trying to forget P5 existed so the wait wouldn't be so bad. Now hype levels at the red line, I need this soon!

Verder

they are fighting actual demons now? its always been shadows but now they are fighting actual demons. Pyro jack and Sandman while they are at it. Probably story related.

they are fighting actual demons now? its always been shadows but now they are fighting actual demons. Pyro jack and Sandman while they are at it. Probably story related.

This is nothing new for the Persona franchise though.

So now when I think of P5 I visualize an actual game in my mind. How crazy is that?

It still hasn't fully sunk in that we actually got to see Persona 5. I hope Atlus sticks to doing these streams for their announcements as they are really fun to be a part of.

Dawg

Holy shit, other dude has a shotgun

Can't wait to upgrade guns in this game, they look awesome

Negotiation system is back?

Also was I the only one that thought the Blode twintails girl looked an awful lot like Junko?

Yeah, I was going to mention my spanish neighbors but then it slipped my mind.

Its a pity about the small population number portugal has that makes it harder for a proper localisation there when a game fens have a mutlimillion company behind it. If you have a bigger population Im sure the market for anime there would be asi big as in Spain and France.

We have quite an interest in jrpgs, but a lot of people are put off by the lack of localization. Both anime/comics and videogames are definitely "growing" here, and it's easy to see thanks to the many new "exhibitions" (not sure what the right word is) that are popping up recently.
Sadly, the lack of translation really does exclude a big part of the population; while young people study it at school, most don't really take it too seriously and probably wouldn't be able to play games or read a book. This also exclude many of the "older" people: for example there's a lot of games that (I think) my parents might enjoy, thanks to a fun gameplay or an intriguing story, but as they don't know English, they'll never even be able to try them.
It's still very common to see comments like "If it has no translation/subtitles I won't buy it", which I found a bit sad, but at the same time understandable.

More than sad, I see it really understandable, they dont know english, so in an rpg thats going to make them not play it in its fullest. I was lucky enough to go to an english school since I was small, so learning english was a normal process for me. But the majority of the population of European countries didn't have that luck.
Of course it a problem of our education systems for not having proper english classes, but thats a huge thing we need to change, and is far more sad for this publishers not even trying to localise a good market for them (when even indies with smaller teams and no publisher are getting european localisations out of the door). We are not in the 90's anymore, and what atlus is doing is cheap as hell.

Also if I pay for a game full price I want that game at least on my language, as I have paid more for it being european, at least give me that in exchange. If they dont want to localise it or do a proper physical release, what the can do is put it downloadable at a cheaper price, as its untouched from the american versions.

I think we already touched everything about this topic, so is better to change subject and talk about Persona things and the new trailer lol

Dantis

Two things I just realised:

First of all, the cat is sometimes just a cat. You see him when they're running through the collapsing building. What triggers the change from a cat to a weird thing?

Second of all, on the bit where Glasses kun is in the Velvet Room, you can see the two girls, so they're definitely the assistants. I'd assume that somebody else has already pointed this one out though.

Two things I just realised:

First of all, the cat is sometimes just a cat. You see him when they're running through the collapsing building. What triggers the change from a cat to a weird thing?

Second of all, on the bit where Glasses kun is in the Velvet Room, you can see the two girls, so they're definitely the assistants. I'd assume that somebody else has already pointed this one out though.

Yeah, those seem to be the velvet room assistants, the velvet room seems to be a prison cell and there's a shot of a character (I think the MC?) behind bars.

The MC is a striped prison uniform instead of his normal clothing though.

It reminds me of Catherine. Being abducted from your dreams because of (wrong?) actions in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom