• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verder

From far away the model looks like Vincent-Minato.... but mostly vincent

The girls have eyepatches.
YngqaWD.png

Two things I just realised:

First of all, the cat is sometimes just a cat. You see him when they're running through the collapsing building. What triggers the change from a cat to a weird thing?
When the cat is in his other form it looks like he has a mask so following the idea of masks being linked to summoning a persona then maybe the cat get's his own mask, it's not like the series is above that.

Finally saw the P5 and P4D trailers.
First of all, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Second, rest in peace bear puns, I welcome cat puns with open paws.

Third, love the Catherine engine so much, glad to see it return.

I'm going to analyze the shit out of it and probably make an analysis video based on the 3 trailers for P5 already.

...Oh and all that needs to be said about P4D is HOW IN THE HELL IS NANAKO THERE AND WHY IS SHE OKAY WITH ALL OF IT??!!! Doesn't matter though, will main Nanako day one.

The more I watch this trailer, the more of a feel I get for the Iron Man 3 trailer. The initial one was dark, moody, brooding and trying to elicit the reaction that shit finally done got real.

Then right before release the comedic element of the film seeped out through other trailers and the initial tone of that first trailer became more and more distanced.

Honestly I'm not worried about the tone of it because it's a 3 minute trailer that has about 40 seconds of gameplay and 40 seconds of the (I'm sure 2 minute) opening. It's hard to gague anything other than a general tone but I think what Atlas was going for with the tone here was, well, hype. Get people interested, get people talking about it, make it memorable.

The movement reminds me a lot of the movements from the Animation serials. Which is good, movement was constrained in P3/4 because they worked within the technology limits they had. The dungeons were randomized because they wanted to encourage people to go back and grind out more but not feel bored. If things like this mean we have more set in stone dungeon design but I don't have to grind as much? Sign me up.

All in all I think the tone needed to shift, P3/4 were amazing titles, but you can't ride that forever. I'm sure familiar elements will be there, just slightly changed. And that's a GOOD thing. Change is a good thing.

Also did anybody else get the vibe that you and your two buddies know each other? Like, you're not the new kid this time. Which lends me to think you'll actually, you know, get some dialogue this time!

I can't get over how amazing the Jazz soundtrack was. Given the street art stuff I think it'll be a Jazz/Electronica fusion for this one and HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Do you guys think there will only be those 4 playable?

For me, I hope so. I don't like when characters join when the half of the game is already over. For example Naoto in P4.

I think they'll be the main 4, plus the navigator, and probably a 6th ranger thrown in at the half-way point to shake things up and bring that unexpected element. But other than that I hope they cut down on the party members. I love having a lot of awesome S-links, don't get me wrong, but from a gameplay perspective unless they introduce shared ex I'm not interested in that many party members because I'd have to spend more time grinding that I could be using to do other things to bring the new additions or the guys I left behind (I'm SORRY CHIE ;-;) up to my current level.

Dantis

To be clear, Catherine's engine was Gamebryo (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout), and P Studio ditched that to opt for their own internally developed engine.

So they said, but I'm not fully convinced. I wonder if it's like when Bethesda said they used a new engine for Skyrim.

It looks proprietary to me. I'v played a lot of Gamebryo stuff and the movement alone screams "proprietary JRPG engine". It looks a lot like the new wave of JRPG movement where you get a lot more range of motion and interaction with the environment. Plus the limited real world scenes we see look like an in house things.

I told myself I wouldn't watch it, but I couldn't resist. That trailer was the slickest shit I have ever seen.

Maybe a 5th one for analyzing stuff. Since there are 5 chairs.
There were five chairs because it's Persona 5. I wouldn't read anything else into that.

In fact, any attempts to call how many party members there are in the game are absurd.

Lucina

Banned
Oh my god. I can't stop freaking out. My fiance just yelled at me. NEW PERSONA 5 trailer. So I scrambled up stairs. And we are both now freakin out! He just made me this avatar.

Lucina

Banned
I don't know how you guys handle this. I got into Persona much later then you. So I haven't been around for a new release. I've never been so excited in my life over something. I want to scream and shout and run around and dance.!!

Dantis

Not very important but the video had her Midwinter Yaso outfit, not skiing gear.

Also bottom right the characters are represented with their cut-ins, so I wonder if this is still used in the game:

I think everything Dingo did has been scrapped. They've even cut Rise's hair back so that she no longer has epilogue hair.

I don't know how you guys handle this. I got into Persona much later then you. So I haven't been around for a new release. I've never been so excited in my life over something. I want to scream and shout and run around and dance.!!

We're not all vets. I finished my first persona game a year ago.

I'm pretty confident that we'll get some more character art next week after seeing this:

Name of protagonist (or just "P5 Protagonist") and his Persona sounds good to me.

I give it two years after it releases for it's definitive version to release with a Fem MC. If one isn't already in it because we know absolutely nothing about the game so far.

Also was I the only one that thought the menu options being in English already was a good sign for a quick localization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom