• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pretty confident that there'll be more than four party members.

I can't imagine them dropping it lower than what P4 had.

P1: 9 characters
P2IS: 6 characters
P2EP: 7 characters
P3: 10 + 1 (Metis)
P4: 8 characters

It goes up and down. Well I guess it will definitely be 6. I hope not too much tough. 4 Would be perfect.

kewlmyc

I'm hoping it's 8 again. It's the perfect number I feel considering 1 leader, 1 support, and 6 regular party members so you can have a main team and a backup team. Felt 10 was way too much in P3.

Soriku

In other games I'd be OK with a smaller cast, but for a Persona...I need at least 7 members.

Also was I the only one that thought the menu options being in English already was a good sign for a quick localization?

Lots of JP game use English text. Also, the menu being translated doesn't even amount to peanuts compared to all the text + voice work the Persona games have :p

If there's only 4 characters (and there certainly won't be) I'll be rather cross. Part of the fun in Persona games is personalizing your party with your own lineup and tactics, which would be lost entirely on a cast of only 4.

In other games I'd be OK with a smaller cast, but for a Persona...I need at least 7 members.

Lots of JP game use English text. Also, the menu being translated doesn't even amount to peanuts compared to all the text + voice work the Persona games have :p

I don't import games (budgets are fun!) so I have no idea what's standard. :p

Sega downsizing has me worried about the localization so that's really all that concerns me.

Lucina

Banned
We're not all vets. I finished my first persona game a year ago.

Oh wow? I got into Persona about 4 years ago. It was through my boyfriend at the time. He got me hooked. But I still consider myself a newer fan, because there was a big gap between me playing P3P and Persona 4 Golden. After I played Golden I just knew, it was my fav series of all time.

My fiance didn't post in this thread when he was acttive. His name is Azula so maybe some of you know him. He's making P5 avatars right now and freaking out as this is his favorite series too. But I hope I can be active here and make friends with you guys. My name is Olivia.

Was so funny, I was laying downstairs. Then I heard this scream up stairs. OMG. I scrambled off the couch and almost fell over. Ran up stairs. NEW PERSONA 5 TRAILER OMG. Then we huddled around his computer, and both started screaming.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Oh wow? I got into Persona about 4 years ago. It was through my boyfriend at the time. He got me hooked. But I still consider myself a newer fan, because there was a big gap between me playing P3P and Persona 4 Golden. After I played Golden I just knew, it was my fav series of all time.

My fiance didn't post in this thread when he was acttive. His name is Azula so maybe some of you know him. He's making P5 avatars right now and freaking out as this is his favorite series too. But I hope I can be active here and make friends with you guys. My name is Olivia.

Was so funny, I was laying downstairs. Then I heard this scream up stairs. OMG. I scrambled off the couch and almost fell over. Ran up stairs. NEW PERSONA 5 TRAILER OMG. Then we huddled around his computer, and both started screaming.

Tell him to make me one.

I totally predicted a Persona game release date
wrong

Would be nice if P5 came out in April.

I don't know how you guys handle this. I got into Persona much later then you. So I haven't been around for a new release. I've never been so excited in my life over something. I want to scream and shout and run around and dance.!!

Me too! I'm so hype and I'm also kinda scared cause knowing me I'm gonna get spoiled within a day

SerRodrik

I don't know how you guys handle this. I got into Persona much later then you. So I haven't been around for a new release. I've never been so excited in my life over something. I want to scream and shout and run around and dance.!!

All entirely accurate and appropriate reactions, I assure you.

Now that I think about it, I got in after Persona 4 was released too, so this will be my first non-spinoff Persona release. It's kind of blowing my mind that soon there'll be another Persona game to play. It only started to feel real with this last trailer.

Off Topic.

Your account was created yesterday, you are approved and already have over 100 posts!?

PK Gaming

XQ043Y3.gif

My favorite part of the trailer. That confidence. That style. Goddamn.

84X

Banned
I think everything Dingo did has been scrapped. They've even cut Rise's hair back so that she no longer has epilogue hair.

Weird, didn't notice it before but I see it now... not a big difference but interesting nonetheless.

I feel like a lot of the worries I had for P4D have been lifted, so I'm pretty happy we got a new trailer for it alone.

Sophia

We're not all vets. I finished my first persona game a year ago.

Not everyone has the honor of experiencing the wonderful horrors and agony of being a veteran who's dreams and aspirations are constantly shafted by the evil tryant known as Atlus.

Who am I kidding? I may have played P1/P2 EP back in the day, but as Buddha noted I'm the world's biggest P3 fan.

The name is definitely familiar. I probably saw a post or two.

If it comes out and that's the walking around during sunny days music you better retroactively void your win.

GOD I can't get over how much I love that music. I'v watched the trailer 10 times since just for the music.

Dantis

If it comes out and that's the walking around during sunny days music you better retroactively void your win.

GOD I can't get over how much I love that music. I'v watched the trailer 10 times since just for the music.

I will do, but I guarantee that's a part of the opening. The visual is synced up to it way too well for it not to be.

I think that when it cuts to gameplay though, that that's a different track.

I will do, but I guarantee that's a part of the opening. The visual is synced up to it way too well for it not to be.

Yeah it's probably the opening to it or the riff between then opening cut and the character animations.

Still though a really nice Jazz/Funk track that I WANT THE SOUNDTRACK NAO

Sophia

Yeah, definitely agreeing with it being a different track. You can basically hear where the style changes.

Sophia

The unpolished sound of the second track makes me wonder if it's just Meguro riffing over a beat, solely for that trailer.

It's probably just a track from the game that was edited specifically for the trailer. It definitely feels like it was the opening there before switching to a casual daytime track.

Or alternatively: The whole thing is a jazzy instrumental of the main theme without vocals, and that's why it sounds off.

Dantis

I was surprised how close the music was to Catherine, as an aside. That track could basically fit in a scene from Catherine, and I can imagine Catherine's music in P5.

It's probably just a track from the game that was edited specifically for the trailer. It definitely feels like it was the opening there before switching to a casual daytime track.

Or alternatively: The whole thing is a jazzy instrumental of the main theme without vocals, and that's why it sounds off.

Yeah the transition is to the second part of the opening song. You can hear the beats where there are supposed to be vocals. Most likely they have the songs done but don't have vocals yet. But it really has that instrumental version feel.

Sophia

Yeah the transition is to the second part of the opening song. You can hear the beats where there are supposed to be vocals. Most likely they have the songs done but don't have vocals yet. But it really has that instrumental version feel.

The more I listen, the more I can definitely tell where there are suppose to be vocals. An instrument that plays before the log disappears after that. It's all one track for sure.

Also, whoever changed the thread title, I hate you.

Are Puursona puuuns too awful for you, nyan? :p

Yeah, i recognize that name from the Amiibo thread. You both are welcome here.

Dantis said:
Let's see your Bingo results, chaps!

I didn't do so hot.

Dantis

You don't get to tick the box with Persona 5's theme, its too ambiguous :p

What would you regard as the theme song in P4/3 anyway?

Burn My Dread and Pursuing My True Self.

And I'm having it. It's definitely a part of the opening. TRY AND STOP ME, PSYCHO.

EDIT: OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT SCRUNCHIE GIRL.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
That P5 trailer.

Oh Fuck. OH FUCK. OGSUDYFG ILDFUKYDSFGVUYSEGIEGR!

That P4D trailer.

CRAZY VALUE PACK *explodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom