• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

I'm blaming either Duckroll or Aeana for the name change.

My fiance didn't post in this thread when he was acttive. His name is Azula so maybe some of you know him. He's making P5 avatars right now and freaking out as this is his favorite series too. But I hope I can be active here and make friends with you guys. My name is Olivia.
As in, his user name was Azula? If so, didn't he recently get a name change?

Nap1400

So this was brought up on the gaming side:

One of the romanizations someone made for Blondie's name is Anne. Is it possible she's a foreigner or something? Wouldn't think as much initially but she does have the stereotypical anime "all westerners have blonde hair and blue eyes" thing going on...

Hashino's interview raised my hype even further if that was even possible. I love the themes he's tackling with this game and the idea of the protagonists being a mischievous bunch that play by their own rules is really appealing.

If there really are only 4 characters it's a bit of a letdown but it could also allow them to take certain aspects of the game to another level.
For example, integrating the social aspect into the main story instead of having it inside a bubble. This would be difficult to pull off with a large cast but with only 4 characters they could have our interactions with the other party members affect the way scenes from the main story play out. Destroy that notion of "OK, now I'm inside a s-link and whatever happens in here wont matter outside of it". It needs to be naturally integrated into the relations between the characters throughout the rest of the game. This would be a crazy endeavour with a big cast but if they do go with a smaller party I could see them tackle something along these lines.
In Tales of Xillia 2 there were also S-link style sub-stories and they'd unlock bonus cutscenes in the main story for their respective characters. I'm thinking of something like that, but more ambitious, with a bigger impact on the way things play out.
If the girl they introduced today is the only female party member, they could focus on really building her relationship with the MC as part of the main story without making it awkward because you maxed a s-link with her best friend.
I dunno, I definitely think that they wouldn't do it if it wasn't to enhance other aspects of the game, a trade-off if you will.
Regardless, I'm sure that complaints people have about the s-link system will be addressed and going with a smaller party might be a part of it.

Lol at the title change.

Burn My Dread and Pursuing My True Self.

And I'm having it. It's definitely a part of the opening. TRY AND STOP ME, PSYCHO.

EDIT: OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT SCRUNCHIE GIRL.

Fiiiine, you can have it. So we're assuming its the opening song of P5, without the lyrics. I'll agree to that.

Scrunchie girl will be squirrel girl.

Blame Atlus for bringing in the Purrfect mascat.

cat-fat-dancing-cat-gif.gif

Can't stop laughing at people swearing that the pic of MC behind bars is Vincent and coming up with crazy theories to link Catherine and P5. Like the Sho carnival of stupid wasn't enough.

P4D epilogue costumes as paid dlc. You heard it here first.

So this was brought up on the gaming side:

One of the romanizations someone made for Blondie's name is Anne. Is it possible she's a foreigner or something? Wouldn't think as much initially but she does have the stereotypical anime "all westerners have blonde hair and blue eyes" thing going on...
Yeah, I can see her as a foreigner if her name is Anne. That blonde/blue eyes stereotype was also present in Lisa, Bebe and Human Teddie.

So is the idea that that there will only be 3 other party members based off of the fact we only saw 3 during the in game stuff? Because that seems like quite the leap to make.

Can't stop laughing at people swearing that the pic of MC behind bars is Vincent and coming up with crazy theories to link Catherine and P5. Like the Sho carnival of stupid wasn't enough.

I see some people thinking MC is Pharos looool

Sophia

So is the idea that that there will only be 3 other party members based off of the fact we only saw 3 during the in game stuff? Because that seems like quite the leap to make.

It's nonsensical. There's been no indication that there will only be three party members, and no Hashino developed game has had such a small pool of party members yet.

Plus, as people noted, the opening is teasing another party member.

Gazoinks

So I realize I'm a little late on this, but holy crap this trailer is amazing thank you for this birthday present Atlus. The character designs, the dungeons, the phantom thief aesthetic, the interface, aggh... Oh I'm feeling the hype now. :p

I like to think something like this happened at Atlus USA.

I imagine it more like John and Nich joining hands and frolicking through the office while shouting cat puns at the top of their lungs.

Anyone know where I can watch the concert? I really want to watch it now that I'm on a Persona high with no sign of coming down any time soon.

Gazoinks

This trailer has made me finally fully admit that I will probably be completely incapable of going on spoiler blackout for this game. I'm too interested in everything.

Someone pointed out that Anzu's last name, Takamaki, is Finnish in origin. Between that and her decidedly un-Japanese hair and eye colour, I think there's a decent chance that either Anzu or her parents are foreign.

Jawmuncher

Is it that outlandish to think Sho might Pop up?

Persona 5 looks really neat and I am eager to see more of it. I appreciate that the characters don't stand out as much at school as they did in P4 and P3 (which I suppose is appropriate). I'm so happy to see demons! I'm worried that there will be actual stealth sequences. Thrilled at the thought that the dungeons aren't randomly generated anymore (though I suppose we might see some randomly generated ones in whatever grinding DLC atlus hawks). Ambivalent about the character designs so far, but I felt the same way about 3 and 4 so.

Verder

As i analyze the P5 trailer ive noticed the word "Luxuria".
the word Luxuria is commonly associated with one of the seven deadly sins. "Lust".
What if the theme of the game "take your heart" means the characters are lusting after people and stealing their emotions. or something like that.
Could possibly be like Catherine and have a strong sexual theme to it?

DNAbro

the word Luxuria is commonly associated with one of the seven deadly sins. "Lust".
What if the theme of the game "take your heart" means the characters are lusting after people and stealing their emotions. or something like that.

i think if you pause it you can see the other 7 deadly sins.

Yeah, the word appears while the cat was being presented. I thought that Luxuria could be the cat's name. lol

This is a totally random guess, but it'd be interesting if we had 7 characters, and each of their shadows represents one of the 7 deadly sins or something.

MC - Pride (I thought Avarice at first but if everyone is a thief... I suppose "Lust" could work if there is a SLink system)
Girl - Avarice (Please don't be Lust, they always make Lust be a woman)
Guy - Wrath (Total shot in the dark, but bludgeoning weapons scream "Wrath" don't they?)
Cat - Gluttony (I am basing this on my experience with cats)

convo

I'm glad ATLUS didn't pass on the opportunity to make all those newly made demon models have enemy ai, so we can have an another smt game soon. Or at least we'll see P6 before i die.

For the record, all 7 deadly sin names appear with Morgana on that screen. If you pause it at the right frame you can see it. Also, someone in the big Trailer thread did a screenshot analysis and pointed it out. So it looks like 7 deadly sins will indeed be a thing for this.

EDIT: I'm more interested in learning what things the crew did to get them into Juvenile school. I had a hunch on what Juvenile school but I wasn't sure if maybe it was a little different in Japan, but from what I can see it is indeed a school for young offenders. So by default these kids have had history on the fringe of the law, which affect how willing they are to do whatever "morally grey" actions they take in the game. Finding out what got them there in the first place will obviously tell us a good deal about their characters.

I'm willing to bet that if they are all associated with a Deadly Sin, that the theme of that sin will be involved in their offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom