• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Stupid theory time.

The two velvet room attendants are younger Margaret and Elizabeth. Set before Persona 3 confirmed. lol.

I'm intrigued about the plot... teenagers acting like real super heroes or maybe thieves with costumes it's kinda new in Persona.. they are too confident in comparison to the discreet P3/P4 cast. The scene with the MC breaking through the window at a high society party looks like some spy movie. Maybe it was a Kirijo Group event? lol

Sophia

For the record, all 7 deadly sin names appear with Morgana on that screen. If you pause it at the right frame you can see it. Also, someone in the big Trailer thread did a screenshot analysis and pointed it out. So it looks like 7 deadly sins will indeed be a thing for this.

EDIT: I'm more interested in learning what things the crew did to get them into Juvenile school. I had a hunch on what Juvenile school but I wasn't sure if maybe it was a little different in Japan, but from what I can see it is indeed a school for young offenders. So by default these kids have had history on the fringe of the law, which affect how willing they are to do whatever "morally grey" actions they take in the game. Finding out what got them there in the first place will obviously tell us a good deal about their characters.

I'm willing to bet that if they are all associated with a Deadly Sin, that the theme of that sin will be involved in their offenses.

Where did this come from? As far as I know there has been no indication it's a school for juvenile offenders outside of the fact the kanji is phonically similar to "Prisoner"

Nimby

Banned
I'm so happy demons are back as enemies. Can't wait for those negotiations.

Scout1.jpg

Zareka

Ah yeah, in relation to the voice just before the trailer: how do we know that's the MC's voice? I'm not saying it isn't, I just didn't hear how we found this out.

Nap1400

He introduced himself as the Phantom at the concert apparently. Going off of how P5MC turned out to be Phantom all along, conclusions were drawn.

The MC's gloves are really, really red. (linked because of thread rules re: embedding P5 images even though it's a cap from the trailer and we've literally all seen the trailer by now)

Also: Do y'all suppose this will be like P3 where there's a big random dungeon you can mess around in, but you have to go to specific locations (that are actual dungeons with actual layouts) on specific nights for your heists? Or do y'all think random dungeons are gone, period, and all the dungeon locations have actual layouts?

Sophia

The MC's gloves are really, really red. (linked because of thread rules re: embedding P5 images even though it's a cap from the trailer and we've literally all seen the trailer by now)

Also: Do y'all suppose this will be like P3 where there's a big random dungeon you can mess around in, but you have to go to specific locations (that are actual dungeons with actual layouts) on specific nights for your heists? Or do y'all think random dungeons are gone, period, and all the dungeon locations have actual layouts?

I think, judging from the trailer, that random dungeons are out for good. What we saw looks hand-crafted, especially with the platforming elements.

Nachos

Gotta wonder why they take their masks off specifically for the all-out attack.

As i analyze the P5 trailer ive noticed the word "Luxuria".
the word Luxuria is commonly associated with one of the seven deadly sins. "Lust".
They display the Latin words for the seven deadly sins, as well as as the Latin words for hollow and void/useless.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's a bit surreal seeing the sheer amount of reactions now for P5 when I think back here to when P3 and P4 were about to release. I kind of want to go back to the earlier preview threads to find amusing old posts. I can recall a few from Duckroll leading up to P3.

Nachos

Ah yeah, in relation to the voice just before the trailer: how do we know that's the MC's voice? I'm not saying it isn't, I just didn't hear how we found this out.
There was that newspaper ad with him on it saying that he'd make a visit to the stadium. Considering that the voice introduced himself as the phantom and that the ad was signed by the phantom, I think it's safe to say that they're all one in the same.

Sophia

If the protagonist has that dual-identity/dual life thing going as shown in the trailers, then Jun Fukuyama is a good choice. He has excellent range for that kind of stuff, and a previous track record of playing such characters (HI LELOUCH)

I think, judging from the trailer, that random dungeons are out for good. What we saw looks hand-crafted, especially with the platforming elements.

Yeah, but I'm saying, like, maybe that's a specific event dungeon you have to go to on April 11th, because that's the night of the heist the characters have been planning and that there's like a Tartarus-like area where you go and grind levels or whatever on nights that don't have event dungeons.

JNA

Banned
If the protagonist has that dual-identity/dual life thing going as shown in the trailers, then Jun Fukuyama is a good choice. He has excellent range for that kind of stuff, and a previous track record of playing such characters (HI LELOUCH)

If we are getting a guy that plays Japanese Lelouch, does that mean we are getting Johnny Young Bosh again for main protagonist?

Zareka

He introduced himself as the Phantom at the concert apparently. Going off of how P5MC turned out to be Phantom all along, conclusions were drawn.

There was that newspaper ad with him on it saying that he'd make a visit to the stadium. Considering that the voice introduced himself as the phantom and that the ad was signed by the phantom, I think it's safe to say that they're all one in the same.
Ah okay, that makes sense then. Still, I'm really hoping he won't be voiced, but with how that all played out it's looking like the opposite might be possible...

Then again, uh, Code Geass is my favourite anime and even if I didn't watch the sub I could think of worse people to be than Lelouch. Could be cool.
If we are getting a guy that plays Japanese Lelouch, does that mean we are getting Johnny Young Bosh again for main protagonist?
Already blew it by using him for P4MC. Would be weird having the same voice 2 protagonists in a row.

Also negotiations can die in a fire. I get the idea and it sounds cool on paper but lord if it isn't straight up not fun in execution.

Yeah, but I'm saying, like, maybe that's a specific event dungeon you have to go to on April 11th, because that's the night of the heist the characters have been planning and that there's like a Tartarus-like area where you go and grind levels or whatever on nights that don't have event dungeons.

Yeah, could be like those dungeons outside of tartarus in P3 (love hotel, etc). Let's hope random generated dungeons are out though.

On top of that the above shot in the trailer also looks like it will be when the characters discuss the next heist based on the map on the table, similar to discussing the case at Junes. While that doesn't guarantee that the dungeons will be handcrafted, it would be kind of odd to have scenes devoted to characters talking about the next dungeon only to have the dungeon be randomly generated.

Sophia

I want to be idealistic and optimistic and say the later won't be needed because you can fight enemies around the city. Like maybe you can go into a world full of shadows and fight enemies at any time.

There are more choices than just Bosch. I'm sure they'll pick someone who fits the character rather than the JP actor, as they've always done.

Yeah, could be like those dungeons outside of tartarus in P3 (love hotel, etc). Let's hope random generated dungeons are out though.

I want to be idealistic and optimistic and say the later won't be needed because you can fight enemies around the city. Like maybe you can go into a world full of shadows and fight enemies at any time.

I truly, truly want to believe, but I've been hurt before.

Levito

Banned
So I only just now watched the Dancing All Night trailer and AKRIA FUCKING YAMAOKA IS DOING REMIXES FOR THIS GAME?!

PERFECT.

Sophia

To be honest, I'm okay with the combination of pre-designed dungeons and random dungeons. The only catch is they actually have to be good. Not the lousy stuff we got in P3 and P4.

Everything in the trailer suggests it's going to be like SMT IV tho. Not worried.

Dantis

I'd prefer both random and created dungeons, personally.

so I only just now watched the Dancing All Night trailer and AKRIA FUCKING YAMAOKA IS DOING REMIXES FOR THIS GAME?!

PERFECT.

He's just doing one, but it's still super cool.

Based on the clips it sounds like the best remix too.

Lunar15

I'm expecting the least. Like, P4 level of dungeon design. That way I won't get burned when it essentially ends up being that.

It honestly didn't hurt me too bad there, so I won't be upset if it happens again.

This shot reminds me of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for some reason.

They could just make the heists similar to the P4 dungeons where the dungeon opens on a specific night and then you have a set number of days to complete the heist and going through the dungeon will get you to a decent level, then if you want to grind you can return after beating the dungeon.

kewlmyc

I hope Jun Fukuyama voices the MC. It'll make the eventual anime a blast to watch. Jun Fukuyama is one of the best Japanese voice actors out there. Too bad the MC will barely talk in game if it's anything like every mainline Persona ever. Kinda a waste of great talent now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom