• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooookay...time for you to give me a serious talking to, PersonaGaf...

I never got around to finishing Persona 4 Golden on my Vita.

Ok, so you're barely into the game, starting over now wouldn't be the worst thing ever if you need a refresher, but similarly, you haven't seen enough of the game for you to forget anything important.

I wouldn't bother changing the difficulty, contrary to what some people think, THERE IS NO GRIND IN THIS GAME! You can go through the entire game without ever needing to grind levels if you think about what you are doing in battle and fuse new personae often.

Also, take your time to enjoy the game, I know it's long but if you just rush through it, you'll inevitably miss a lot of what makes this game great.

Come back in here and ask for more advice if you need it, we'll be happy to help.

Pretty much considering FFXV won't come out for another year or so.

If Sony really wants to push this, hopefully it gets a worldwide release OR at least, a NA release between July-September.

I think November would be a pretty bad idea considering that's usually the month where all the other major AAA games come out. Summer would be perfect but I'm not holding my breath.

They did feature it in their TGS conference and made time for a localisation announcement in PSX.

Depends what you mean by promotion though. There could very well be a LE PS4, they could even help in its EU localisation ( I'm dreaming) but stuff like TV adverts are very unlikely.

I don't even think they are necessary though. There are numerous games that have achieved sales of 1-2 million, which is where I put Persona 5 in, without such promotion. Stuff like word of mouth (probably one of the biggest reasons that Persona has caught on) are more important to games like this and so far the word of mouth has been very positive.

Setsu00

Has anyone else noticed that the characters don't wear their masks during the AOA?
Persona-5_PV-Snap_02-05_022.jpg

Isn't more attributed to Arsene Lupin? Robin Hood is more noble thief that stole from rich and give it to the poor while gentlemanly thief doing it for the sake of thrill itself. Japanese have their own share of noble thief tale like Ishikawa Goemon, and this perhaps paved the way for gentlemanly thief to become cultural thing for Japan. But I guess what makes it really popular is Arsene Lupin friendly rivalry with Sherlock Holmes, a detective character that Japan have obsession with (so yeah there is high chance that there will be detective rival character who chase you in P5, because rivalry is a must in a gentleman thief story).

Rei Reiho confirmed.

Lunar15

Isn't more attributed to Arsene Lupin? Robin Hood is more noble thief that stole from rich and give it to the poor while gentlemanly thief doing it for the sake of thrill itself. Japanese have their own share of noble thief tale like Ishikawa Goemon, and this perhaps paved the way for gentlemanly thief to become cultural thing for Japan. But I guess what makes it really popular is Arsene Lupin friendly rivalry with Sherlock Holmes, a detective character that Japan have obsession with (so yeah there is high chance that there will be detective rival character who chase you in P5, because rivalry is a must in a gentleman thief story).

I'm with you on this one. Atlus loves detectives, and that's even before P4. I'm convinced there will be a rival detective that's on your case, but will probably end up helping you in the end. They'll probably have a persona, and you'll fight them at various points of the story.

On a side note: I'm seeing a lot of weird comparisons/rivalry being brought up with FFXV. This is dumb. I could care less whether P5 has more/less trailer views or is going to be more/less niche or whatever. I don't see it much in this thread, but it's kind of silly to see it at all since there should be a healthy overlap in fans for both games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm with you on this one. Atlus loves detectives, and that's even before P4. I'm convinced there will be a rival detective that's on your case, but will probably end up helping you in the end. They'll probably have a persona, and you'll fight them at various points of the story.

The detective will be nanako, who took up the job to avenge the murder of dojima.

on the topic of p5 v ff15, who thinks p5 is going to sell more than ff15? did SE have an event at the biggest concert place in Japan? no right?

p5 selling more than ff15 will bring persona into mainstream audience.

Lunar15

on the topic of p5 v ff15, who thinks p5 is going to sell more than ff15? did SE have an event at the biggest concert place in Japan? no right?

This is literally the thing I was just talking about. No need to compare the two, nor does one need to outsell the other. Needless comparisons and defensive fanbases create a bad environment for both games.

Kazzy

...Wait. What?! I don't think has even been the case. Rather, people are using it as a comparison, simply to chart Persona's popularity.

Trying to instigate a pissing contest, is just asinine.

Meia

This is literally the thing I was just talking about. No need to compare the two, nor does one need to outsell the other. Needless comparisons and defensive fanbases create a bad environment for both games.

Exactly this. If Persona reaches more people than ever before, let's just be happy for that. :)

kewlmyc

Why does it matter if something sells more than the other? Never understood console wars and franchise wars. Sales only really matter if they're abysmal like the Wii U starting out and Microsoft consoles in Japan.

Again, I'll post this here too.

I am going to do a crossover gif between my two upcoming favorite games. It will be something like these 2 pictures combined:

tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif
jvtqrn.gif

Not sure if it will be successful though.. because I actually only do pixel art. But that's gonna be worth it!

Almost done with my Persona/MGS 5 crossover gif.

mck8ydyj.gif

Still needs blue flames, that might take awhile. I'll continue this tommorow.

As always. Avatars. Non pixel art, this time. For those who love crossovers. I know, it's only an eyepatch.. Ugh...

3rmam7j5.png
bs9hoiga.png
h2pjj6eb.png
9lw9bmfx.png

QuadOpto

I expressly did not want to start a fight when I brought up the statement earlier, I just wanted to say that P5 seems like it's finally getting brought into the mainstream instead of being regarded as a niche title.:p

Also that stuff is amazing System! I might grab one for another forum if that's okay.

I guess because Final Fantasy is seen as the head honcho of the JRPG genre, the idea of surpassing it is compelling to some of us, since we love Persona.

It's at this point where I realize that I've beaten more persona games than final fantasy games.

Again, I'll post this here too.

Almost done with my Persona/MGS 5 crossover gif.

mck8ydyj.gif

Still needs blue flames, that might take awhile. I'll continue this tommorow.

As always. Avatars. Non pixel art, this time. For those who love crossovers. I know, it's only an eyepatch.. Ugh...

3rmam7j5.png
bs9hoiga.png
h2pjj6eb.png
9lw9bmfx.png
Amazing!

Come on......people need to stop with this. FFXV will sell 6 million+. Persona 5 will sell around 1-2 million. Thats still incredibly well for Atlus (best selling game ever for them) and for the series considering how much its grown.

Lunar15

I'm excited for FF15, too. Hope both surpass expectations, though P5 makes me a lot more hyped.

It's most likely due to track record and tangibility. Right now, at least for me, P5 seems more tangible. Despite us not knowing a whole lot, I have at least a good idea of what it is. FFXV, less so. This is because I feel like P5, while different, won't be a gigantic departure from the general framework of the last two Persona games. XV on the other hand is a very radical departure from past FF games in a series that mixes it up quite a bit already. Plus, with the recent shaky track record, it's harder to gauge where it'll be. All we know right now about the persona team is that the last two mainline persona games were pretty freaking great.

That's why, at least for now, P5 seems to be riding an overall more consistent level of hype on this forum, whereas XV is dominated by cautious optimism. Also, We've been waiting for XV forever, so that might be a thing.

Just realized a small, if completely accidental detail about the P5 reveal. (late-P4G)
February 5th is the last day you can do any social link stuff in P4G. After that, it's just dungeons and stories. So the day they showed off P5 is the last day you get to socialize with the people of Inaba.

cIJt2rz.png

Regarding Persona's popularity I am disappointed that IGN didn't put the new trailer as one of the main highlights ( the scrolling news), on their website which is weird as they had highlighted Persona a lot before.

Busaiku

Just realized a small, if completely accidental detail about the P5 reveal. (late-P4G)
February 5th is the last day you can do any social link stuff in P4G. After that, it's just dungeons and stories. So the day they showed off P5 is the last day you get to socialize with the people of Inaba.

cIJt2rz.png

Persona 1 and 2'd.

QuadOpto

Hey I was wondering, what was the interview where Hashino (or Soejima) talked about how he looked at Infamous Second Son in regards to how they were designing the protagonist?(Might not even be that, I just remember something about them mentiong Infamous Second Son for some reason, but can't really remember much of it...)

Asking 'cuz before, it just seemed like a quaint thing, but now could sort of mean something, whatwith the characters turning out to be super-powered vigilantes and all.

wmlk

Hey I was wondering, what was the interview where Hashino (or Soejima) talked about how he looked at Infamous Second Son in regards to how they were designing the protagonist?(Might not even be that, I just remember something about them mentiong Infamous Second Son for some reason, but can't really remember much of it...)

Asking 'cuz before, it just seemed like a quaint thing, but now could sort of mean something, whatwith the characters turning out to be super-powered vigilantes and all.

His Game of the Year was I:SS.

FluxWaveZ

I never thought it was insignificant that Hashino mentioned inFamous: Second Son.
About the interview above: Pretty sure the reason Hashino pinpointed inFamous: Second Son was because of some of its conceptual ties to Persona 5, which he reiterates in his answer to question 4 (about the "good" and the "bad" in a person).

Edit: Bahaha:

QuadOpto

Thanks! I wasn't really sure if I was remembering things correctly, and completely forgot that it was his Game of the Year.:p

Looking back at the whole interview you posted a few places up, I guess I was wrong about him explicitly having the protagonist designed with Infamous Second Son in mind, but from gathering it all up and seeing what we got from the trailer and how he says the characters will operate, it makes a lot of sense in hindsight for I:SS to have had some influence.

EDIT: ^^....

...Well, now we know the vocalist for the next game!(trolol)

PK Gaming

I never thought it was insignificant that Hashino mentioned inFamous: Second Son.

Edit: Bahaha:

So apparently, Soulja Boy is a huge Otaku. He supposedly used this image on his twitter profile for a day.
B9LcMGZIcAAlklE.jpg:large
. Regardless, that's amazing. P5's influence is spreading !_!

kek

I remember seeing this screenshot and thinking

"I must get this game"

Hype hasn't decreased.

Same here. It's like crack; I can't stop watching that trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom