• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples thoughts on the location of P5 now? When the last trailer came out it was said to be based on Shibuya, but not Shibuya, and the Crossing didn't quite line up with the real one. With this one however apparently the underground area is labeled Shibuya Station, and the Crossing in the OP seems to line up with the real world one pretty accurately:

cqrC7De.jpg

Although both in game crossings seem to be shot from opposite perspectives.

Setsu00

While I personally prefer Anzu over An, An and Anne fit in nicely with the duality motive that seems to be prevalent in P5: The MC seems to have two personalities, there's a huge distinction between day and night and there are even two Velvet Room attendants.

kiyoaki

Technically, that doesn't mean anything. Japanese names can be incredibly weird, meaning that there is a possibility that the kanji is meant to be read as "Anne" instead of Anzu or An.
Anzu means apricot in Japanese. I don't think it would sound all that weird as a girl's name, seeing how they're often based on flower and tree names. But Anne perhaps fits the gaijin look better.

Also, hi Persona GAF! I've been a fan of the series for some time now, and the P5 trailer has me hyped for more news, so I'll hang around in the days and weeks and perhaps months to come.

Lunar15

Anne makes sense to me. Getting a heavy foreigner vibe from her, specifically french.

Consider:

Arsene Lupin was french
Base of Operations is a coffee shop/cafe, perhaps her parents run one due to french origin?
Red white and blue hoodie (France, USA, England)
The whole cat-suit/spy motif lends well to a french stereotype
The wavy pigtails, to me, are evocative of french style. Particularly the wavy part.

However, who knows! Could be anything, she could even be straight up japanese.

Busaiku

I find it weird that there've been no voices yet.
Like not even a "Persona" from Jun Fukuyama.
Totally expected that at the end.

wmlk

I really don't want this to be a school for delinquents. The idea of secretive delinquents within a normal school just seems way more appealing.

Squire

Banned
I find it weird that there've been no voices yet.
Like not even a "Persona" from Jun Fukuyama.
Totally expected that at the end.

Who's that?

Anne makes sense to me. Getting a heavy foreigner vibe from her, specifically french.

Consider:

Arsene Lupin was french
Base of Operations is a coffee shop/cafe, perhaps her parents run one due to french origin?
Red white and blue hoodie (France, USA, England)
The whole cat-suit/spy motif lends well to a french stereotype
The wavy pigtails, to me, are evocative of french style. Particularly the wavy part.

However, who knows! Could be anything, she could even be straight up japanese.

The name and the design give off foreigner to me. Can't remember if I said it here or the other thread, but also the way her hair is colored - it looks like she's a natural blonde. That only occurs to me because if you look at Ryuji's hair, that strikes me as a dye-job.

I really don't want this to be a school for delinquents. The idea of secretive delinquents within a normal school just seems way more appealing.

I love the reform school idea, myself. But it'd be fine either way. The fact they're delinquents with surly attitudes is probably going to create an awesr dynamic. We often say SEES were like co-workers that rvebtually became close. The IT were fast friends that deepened their bonds further. The P5 kids seem like they'll have a pretty distinct group dynamic as well.

Lunar15

The reason the blonde looks more natural, to me, is that her eyebrows are also the same color. If you look at Ryuji, his eyebrows are black. Same with Kanji.

No chance.

Like I said yesterday, it's way too weird and way too Japanese.

Original P4 and Catherine both felt like they had more mainstream appeal than this.

Pretty much yeah. The only way for Persona to become super mainstream is for it to be scrubbed clean of it's Japanese-ness

Jachaos

It's only in 240p and my recording stuttered in a couple of places but I got all the songs that were streamed from Persona Super Live 2015

Right here.

Good audio quality too.

Squire

Banned
The reason the blonde looks more natural, to me, is that her eyebrows are also the same color. If you look at Ryuji, his eyebrows are black. Same with Kanji.

Did even notice that, I was just looking at the shading/color.

Adding your observation though, I'm sure she's narural/Ryuji is dyed.

Sophia

I asked Pepsiman about it on Twitter, and here's what he had to say over several tweets.

Pepsiman said:
Are you referring to the academic juvenile bit? That was... honestly, my brain was really strained trying to come up with decent ways to translate 学園ジューブナイル because the original Japanese uses it to refer to a bunch of different things all at once. It is definitely NOT a direct reflection of the setting or the characterizations, though; Hashino is referring more to tonal stuff. It's really hard to articulate what he was going after because I think he was also being intentionally vague.

Basically, it's probably not a delinquent school. If anything, it's the opposite. My interpretation is that it's probably referring to them more as like academy brats. Think Arsène Lupin or Lupin the 3rd.

At any rate, anyone calling it a such a school is jumping the gun and/or creating their fanfiction. :p

I asked Pepsiman about it on Twitter, and here's what he had to say over several tweets.

Basically, it's probably not a delinquent school. If anything, it's the opposite. My interpretation is that it's probably referring to them more as like academy brats. Think Arsène Lupin or Lupin the 3rd.

At any rate, anyone calling it a such a school is jumping the gun and/or creating their fanfiction. :p

I don't have a source (just browsing twitter, reddit, etc), but i keep hearing people say that it sounds like a reform school, but the cast is there because of society failing them, and not the character's faults at all that they are there.

If this is true, it makes sense with the theme.

EDIT= Found a source

Post 1: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563792686549712896

Post 2: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563792925180444672

Post 3: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563793075139407872

FluxWaveZ

I don't have a source (just browsing twitter, reddit, etc), but i keep hearing people say that it sounds like a reform school, but the cast is there because of society failing them, and not the character's faults at all that they are there.

It's looking to be a normal high school, through Hashino's statements.

FluxWaveZ

The Persona 5 PV01 has officially surpassed the views of the Persona 5 announcement teaser, and is thus the highest viewed video on Atlus' Youtube channel. Not bad for only around 34 hours.

p5tyupw.png

JNA

Banned
The Persona 5 PV01 has officially surpassed the views of the Persona 5 announcement teaser, and is thus the highest viewed video on Atlus' Youtube channel. Not bad for only around 34 hours.

p5tyupw.png

The video was uploaded on around 7:00 AM EST right?

Still got like 14 hours left for that video to even be two days old lol.

Dantis

This is what I said yesterday. :D

Where are people getting "Shuujin Gakuen" from?
The P-Channel has it as "Juvenile Gakuen".

One of the screenshots shows what the Protagonist has equipped.

秀尽学園高校制服:冬 is what he is wearing. The kanji reads "Shuujin Gakuen Koukou Seifuku: Fuyu" (Shuujin Academy High School Uniform: Winter"

EDIT= Found a source

Post 1: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563792686549712896

Post 2: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563792925180444672

Post 3: https://twitter.com/avestal/status/563793075139407872

I don't think it's a reform school, but a regular high school.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150867572&postcount=4714

I think the idea of making the characters a bit more down to earth this time is a genius idea. It works as a nice change of pace from previous games but it's also a great juxtaposition to the fact that they become larger than life masked vigilantes when they summon their persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom