• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

I thought people were saying it was something else.
Like Shii something.

Did they seriously just not see the dakuten and yu.

If you're talking about the way Serph kinda feels like he slides across the floor as he runs, that's normal. It was the same way in Nocturne.

Otherwise I don't remember the game being laggy.

Thanks.
I probably shouldn't have played it back to back with Dragon Age Inquisition.
Might have caused some technical whiplash for me. :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, now that I think about, isn't going for a roguish thief theme just pandering to western audiences where Uncharted and assassin's creed are big franchises? >_> <_<

Lol, well this is a bunch of people around 15-17 (presumably) so it makes sense for something like that to be their first experience. Yuko (strength from P3) had gone out with a dude before she met the MC, so anything can happen!

I'm imagining hitting rank 10 with a girl and then before you spend a long time together she's all like "btw this isn't my first time" or something and then numerous sad and lonely individuals getting angry about it online, and it's pretty funny.

And they'd boycott personas of her arcana. Or even break the game's disc and post images.

.JayZii

Banned
Y'know, now that I think about, isn't going for a roguish thief theme just pandering to western audiences where Uncharted and assassin's creed are big franchises? >_> <_<
I know! All the way through that trailer all I could think was, "Really Atlus? You're just going to ape western game franchises now? Couldn't you bring anything new or interesting to the table?".

I did not think this.

Antiwhippy

I hope the >_> <_< is enough to indicate that I'm not serious, but I was bemused when that thought occurred to me. :p

Rogues are the hot new thing for awhile now.

.JayZii

Banned
I hope the >_> <_< is enough to indicate that I'm not serious, but I was bemused when that thought occurred to me. :p

Rogues are the hot new thing for awhile now.
Just joshing.

Does anybody remember what that announcement was about Famitsu during the stream last night? Is there supposed to be news in an upcoming issue? I feel like somebody said Tuesday, but that could have just been the sleep deprivation.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I wasn't taking that seriously, either.

Does anybody remember what that announcement was about Famitsu during the stream last night? Is there supposed to be news in an upcoming issue? I feel like somebody said Tuesday, but that could have just been the sleep deprivation.

There will be more information via Famitsu next week about P5, yes:
This is an excerpt from an interview in next week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu. Stay tuned to next week for more information about the protagonist and his persona, his friends, and the game’s systems.

jzbluz

ah, got it. I'll probably wait til closer to release then, don't really care about the extras except the OST and the P5 Blu-ray

I've canceled two preorders in a short amount of time without any trouble, although they do say it's something they don't usually do and I've heard that they lock people's account if you cancel too many times.

FluxWaveZ

Sho still being a possibility team member?

Wasn't he nicknamed the joker? Could kinda fit in with p5
kazura-hilariousd.gif

Soriku

Sho still being a possibility team member?

Wasn't he nicknamed the joker? Could kinda fit in with p5

lol people are seriously reaching. Think you guys need to get over the fact that this game won't have any major connections with the other games.

From the P5 news thread in the gaming section:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150867572&postcount=4714

edited: different post with further clarification

Yeah, apparently the cast might actually be in a juvenile detention center? That's interesting, I was thinking it was a normal high school. It would make sense with that promo art for P5, though, not to mention all of the themes Hashino's been talking about.

Or, as suggested in the other thread, it could be a high school specifically suited for delinquents. That sounds cool.

I know you read my post linked above, but for anyone else who thought the cast is in a juvenile detention center, please read it :)

Jintor

Also vaguely wondering if highways, trainlines etc are going to be a theme/motif or that's just a natural consequence of being more urban this time around

JNA

Banned
Y'know, the saddest thing about this trailer is that suddenly the consensus is that glasses make you lame now. :(

Not always. Log Horizen says otherwise. :p

I guess it just depends on the look. For the protagonist here, he looks like Clark Kent with glasses on and then turns into Superman without it.

I guess that's why the glasses disguise works so well for Superman lol.

Antiwhippy

Big glasses like that are just silly IMO. The glasses in P4 are cool though.

Big glasses are honestly the most comfortable ones to wear. Persona 4 glasses are actually a bit too garish for me.

Not always. Log Horizen says otherwise. :p

I guess it just depends on the look. For the protagonist here, he looks like Clark Kent with glasses on and then turns into Superman without it.

I guess that's why the glasses disguise works so well for Superman lol.

That's not what it's meant to convey at all. :p

Tell that to the fandom on the internet/tumblr who goes "whao this lame dork is suddenly cool". :p

Dantis

Big glasses are pretty stylish right now, and have been for a while.

P5MC's were definitely meant to make him look innocent, but it's not some weird sweeping statement about glasses in general.

CorvoSol

Y'know, the saddest thing about this trailer is that suddenly the consensus is that glasses make you lame now. :(

Glasses are awesome, but their time's over. Just like Guns to the head were cool but their time ended, and airplane sounds into a microphone were cool and their time ended.

Now it's time for 5.

His glasses are fake right?

I mean vigilantes/thiefs wear just a simple mask like they're wearing.

But the main hero here wears no glasses behind that mask. So that makes his secret better, I guess.

Because people think:
A: "Oh hey, look that's him. He looks exactly like him"
B: "No man, the guy you are talking about is wearing glasses, how do you think is that guy doing all this awesome stuff without glasses?"
A: "I guess you're right"

Style

Banned

But the main hero here wears no glasses behind that mask. So that makes his secret better, I guess.

Because people think:
B: "No man, the guy you are talking about is wearing glasses, how do you think is that guy doing all this awesome stuff without glasses?"

Nah, it's just that his Persona gives him the power of 20/20 vision.

Because people think:

Pretty sure that his glasses are real as during the in game stuff the only time he doesn't wear them is when he is using his Persona.

Drop

Just because he doesn't wear the glasses when he has the mask on, it doesn't mean they're fake, he might be wearing contact lenses since you can't wear glasses under a mask.

Setsu00

Because people think:

Just because he doesn't wear the glasses when he has the mask on, it doesn't mean they're fake, he might be wearing contact lenses since you can't wear glasses under a mask.

His glasses are fake. He's equipped a pair of fashion glasses as seen in the ingame menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom